Up To Date Killer Tier List

CashelP14
CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

First things first. This is my opinion as someone who is Devotion 9 now. Been playing since 2017 and I've been red rank on both sides for pretty much the whole time.

I'm ranking these off a few things.

1. The killer is using their best perks.
  2. The killer is using grey/no add-ons. This doesn't include extremely strong greys like huntress's exhaustion add-on.
  3. The survivor team is good. Not OP swf levels of good but they aren't babies.
  4. The killer is decent. Some of these killers need at least some skill in order to beat a good team.

The reason for these rules is just so you understand my mindset. Against babies (hello boosted red ranks) all these killers are S rank. I don't want really strong add-ons since they make killers like Leatherface, Pig, Doctor and Ghostface go much higher than they maybe should. This is also why I'm including perks since killers like Leatherface, Myers, Trapper and many more are dependent on perks. Having no perks would also make Pig go up a few ranks due to her built in slowdown ability.

Now for the actual tier list.

If you have any questions as to why certain killers are in certain spots then feel free to ask. This discussion is already too long so I don't want to explain why each killer is their spot.

EDIT: These are in order. The left is best and right is worst of each tier.

Post edited by CashelP14 on

Comments

• CashelP14

He's low A tier. He can end chases within seconds. He can get rid of pallets extremely quick also. He also has massive snowball potential. If you play that build properly he destroys teams. I've had great success with this build on all the horrible maps like haddonfield, ormond, disturbed ward and midwitch.

I didn't do this because either I would have A and B tier being over crowded or killers like Oni, Doctor and others would go down to a tier they aren't meant to be in.

Thats fair I understand why you feel like that. I just feel like against better teams who don't heal and know how to loop they struggle. The fact they are small helps them in chases though.

That's just baby players. He 10000% isn't OP and can be looped well by smart players.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Good to know. I always have my doubts when people claim something is OP but those DC/suicides made me think maybe they did have a point though.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Makes sense, against a great team that knows how to loop he can be weak.

• CashelP14

If it was perkless/add-on less then he'd be higher.

If you had a 5 gen chase against a PWYF Bubba then he isn't that good. You do remember I said this is against a good team, not a 100000 hour Korean streamer. The thing is if a survivor knows what your doing then leave them, catch another survivor off guard. The thing is dropping a pallet is easy against a 0 stack PWYF, but a lot harder with even 1 stack. I've faced really good swf teams as Bubba on Blood Lodge and Haddonfield and gotten the 4k, even with keys being brought.

Pyramid Head is still new so people are still learning how to face him. If you can make him miss once, drop the pallet and if he breaks it then you get distance. If not then it's an extremely big loop where the killer is encouraged to try and hit through the loop, which is a lot harder. Dead hard also guarantees at least one miss. He was originally High A tier but I changed my mind due to how punishing a miss is.

The mistakes part can be applied to pretty much every killer below S tier. Billy is a high A tier killer but he relies on survivor mistakes. Oni relies on survivors giving him a hit. Huntress also relies on mistakes. Your job as killer is to force survivors to make mistakes.

You did well in your game to force the mistake. I'll edit the discussion to say that these are in order. So Pyramid Head is above Bubba btw.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    edited June 2020

Killers fit into 3 categories. 1 Hitters, map presence and garbage. Demogorgon? Garbage. Clown? Garbage. Pyramid head? Garbage. The latter is only doing well/4k's due to tunneling. If he was a better killer players wouldn't have to play him as a dick so much.

How you imagine Myers is above ghostface is beyond me. I'd also disagree that nurse and spirit are above Freddy. Especially since you are considering basic addons only.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

I will always consider Nurse to have her own tier, Spirit is good but not in the same level without the right loadout

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

I can't say I agree with Bubba in A tier. Even if you are running nemesis / PWYF you are talking like ~60 seconds to both eat a pallet and build up to 3 stacks and then down someone. A minute of no pressure and then if the team is smart they will just start prethrowing pallets to avoid the nemesis. That's going to be 2-3 gens close to done by the time you are getting your first hook against a really good team.

I also think legion has gotten quite a bit stronger since they introduced blood echo. You can be getting off 3+ man exhausts pretty frequently and not having to deal with dead hard is just so good.

• Bludge23
    Bludge23 Member Posts: 234

I agree with this tier list except cannibal being that high

• Erk
    Erk Member Posts: 230

I don't think Trapper and Deathslinger are bad killers, they are actually good if you know what you are doing

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I don't get how huntress and leatherface are above Oni. I saw your points as to why Bubba is so high, but Oni can get rid of pallets quickly, has massive snowball potential and can end chases fast, he does all of this better than leatherface, and Oni has map pressure on top of it. Huntress is only really amazing with iridescent head and the belt, but she has no map pressure at all.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327

Here's my thoughts

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

Death Slinger 3rd to last?

Hmm....

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    edited June 2020

I wonder, why is GF a low B? to me he seems like an A at least

• Stehpflanze
    Stehpflanze Member Posts: 28

As usual, the list is terrible. Imagine thinking PH is bad lol. Literally the best killer in the game. And why the hell do people still think huntress is good.

• CashelP14

That's only if you go for 3 stacks immediately. I think getting 1 is a good start and then pushing onto other survivors. I'm doing extremely well with him at red ranks and I'm not even using double charge add-ons (they are way too strong on him). If you lose a chase you generally get at least 1 stack which can affect your next chase massively.

You tie in well with this point. Oni is good AFTER he earns his power. Before that he is a big guy who is tall and easy to see over loops. Your too reliant on getting early hits on survivors which can cost you multiple gens. If he gets a few hits early then he is amazing, but only if he gets those hits. Huntress can end chases early and have massive snowball potential.

He's top of low A I don't know how that is considered bad lol

He can be good but has a few fundamental flaws. He can expose survivors but they can still outlast that ability, that's if they didn't already reveal him. Without his recovery add-ons he takes too long to earn back his ability. He's definitely not bad but compared to everyone above him I can't put him any higher.

• CashelP14

They definitely aren't bad that's why they are C tier. Just compared to everyone else I can't put them any higher than the rest.

He was actually tough to place tbh. His chase potential is good and the terror radius is extremely small but I still think he struggles to down survivors quick enough.

Before her changes I maybe would've agreed but she definitely is a lot tougher to play after the change.

Not everyone tunnels as him. He is actually extremely good in chases if you fake the ability. Even if you don't tunnel the fact you can avoid ds is extremely good. Myers is above Ghostface because once he gets tier 3 he can down everyone. His tier 3 lunge along makes him earn his place about Ghostface.

Freddy isn't as good as people try to suggest. Yes he is good but he is OP. Any decent spirit can down you easily if you don't run iron will and nurse practically avoids looping in general. Against bad survivors, freddy is a god but any decent players can loop him like he's the clown.

• CashelP14

I understand your point about Myers and Demo. It was extremely tough to separate these both tbh. Wraith I put higher than Ghostface because he can travel the map a lot faster and his uncloaking can give him a speed boost for loops.

Nurse is tough because since her change I haven't found many good ones. The thing is she is more difficult to loop compared to someone like Billy.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Clown is definitely not the bottom with his recent buff. That's very inaccurate.

• CashelP14

He was D tier before his buff for me lol his buff did help but I don't think it's enough.

• NoobGooch21
    NoobGooch21 Member Posts: 1

I respect most of your tier list, the only part that I really disagree with is the placement of trapper. Now I have to admit i am Nintendo switch player so you can take my comment with a grain of salt but I am devotion 1, but enough of that my point is trapper is not bottom tier, but he is definitely not top tier. Trapper has the same potential power to end chases like bubba but trapper needs time to make that possible, the main perk that I believe that trapper always needs is dark devotion to have the best chance at winning, I do know a lot of people use noed on under powered killers like trapper, I personally try to avoid using it. So if I could change your mind on trappers placement I would hope you would change him to top of low tier or bottom of low B tier.

• trocajuli
    trocajuli Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2020

The oni most broken assassin for noob people, just can turn around 360º and insta kill you. stupid killer of this game.

Freddy Krueger has stupid range and map control, and he can put palles, another broken killer.

Thats my two god tier for me

Rank 1 in both sides

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

I want to know why nurse is up their she is god awful especially with her bugs

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188

What console do you mostly play on? Cuz I'm on xbox and I think that can have a slight impact on tier lists since for me anyway I think legion is quite good on console and I'd say huntress isn't as good. But that's the same for most range killers. I definitely agree with death slinger and clowns Ranking. For me clowns buff while making him better isn't enough to put him any higher above other killers.

• Cius
    Cius Member Posts: 86

the potato survivor is the killer without counterplay S+

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Deathslinger in C tier makes me laugh as DS main. I know it's just an opinion but you must have seen or you are a really bad DS player if you rank him so low.

• CashelP14

Trapper can be good but he can be countered by too many things. Object, comms, small game and gen rushing. I perosnally hate facing trapper and he does have good snowball potential. The thing is the counters are too much for me to ignore.

If freddy is using fake pallets then he is already weaker. They can be good on certain maps but generally snares are better. Oni is definitely really really strong against babies but this list is based off good survivors.

• trocajuli
    trocajuli Member Posts: 6

Baby survivors?? Im playing for 2 years, always rank 1 or 2, he hasn't outplay. Just perma rage and can follow you at ultra speed in every loop.

On BR servers it's always Oni or freddy krueger at red ranks, bored game, stupid easy killers, just that. You can make a tier list, the reality here is other.

• CashelP14

Her bugs are bad but she still is extremely strong. Her biggest problem is terrible maps like lerys.

Legion can be extremely good if played correctly. It really is just getting that final hit to down a survivor where they struggle. The list was meant to incorporate both console and pc so huntress is higher up because of that. She definitely is tougher to play on console but she still at worst would be low A.

Aw why did you say that. Now I know the tier list is ruined 😂

I've faced some good deathslingers. But not one where I've felt like he outplayed me, more I was just playing bad. If you main one killer you can generally destroy at any rank since you know the killer inside out.

This is why the tier list is split into high and low. In my opinion some killers aren't on the same level but I wouldn't call any of them D or F tier.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

That's a pretty out of whack tier list, not going to lie.

• Kebek

@CashelP14 None of that really excues calling DS worse then any killers put higher then him. Since I main him yes I know quite a bit about him and play him extensively against good players at rank 1 since he came out. I can assure you he's (when played well ofc) at least very high B tier and possibly up to mid A tier at least from my experience playing him for months at red ranks.

Also playing badly is part of getting outplayed. If I played perfectly each match then I would have 100% killer/escape rate since I would never do any mistake in any aspect of the game which includes mindgaming opponents. DS counters half the loops in the game and he's still got options against the other half. Not many killers can get so many hits over as many loops as he can.

Ofc you're entiteled to your opinion but I felt like sharing my view when you've ranked him as low as you did.

• iplaybothsides
    iplaybothsides Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2020

I try to order based on how much map pressure+chase potential they have, with a little bit of how easy they are to play effectively swaying my rankings

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

When you put GF under Wraith and Bubba in A. Yeah, don't know how accurate this list is.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited June 2020

When GF's reveal mechanic actually works and isn't broken as hell, he's under Wraith. Not Bubba though.

Solid tier list overall.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Question, why ghostface that low?

• TerrorTrooper
    TerrorTrooper Member Posts: 94

Sadly i need to learn how to counter pyramid head if he's not S. Is there a video/guide to counter him? Sadly i play on console and can't turn the screen like a mouse could to look behind me at times. Always try to watch out for the red zone but always get hit outside of it.

• Cius
    Cius Member Posts: 86

The map has more impact than the killer, the pallets and structures that come out and especially the survivors.

Those lists say nothing in a random game, but you can make a list of who is better at chasing as long as the survivor has safe pallets and structures

from 2016 to 2018 almost everything was safe so if a tier list made sense

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Pyramid head is hard to use as well on pc, people play him a lot like deathslinger, but so far I've pre dropped bad pallets and just loop around, it works a lot and waste a lot of the killer's time.

• CashelP14

What parts in particular lol

Hey I respect it lol someone else wouldn't put Bubba as high but in my opinion he is A tier. My opinions (was are 1000000000% percent right theres no way I could ever be wrong) are shown here but everyone else feels differently which is good. If people didn't believe in Deathslinger then we wouldn't see him at all.

For me he just lacks certain things. Snowballing isn't something I see him being the strongest at. Dead hard hurts him a lot also with dedicated servers. Also map pressure isn't something I see him being the best at either.

I'm actually happy we discussed this. I didn't expect Deathslinger to be one of the more controversial choices on this list but I'm happy he has support. It's tough since if I did move him up and Legion up like some people have said then I would be saying Ghostface is the 3rd worst killer in the game.

• TerrorTrooper
    TerrorTrooper Member Posts: 94

Thanks for the tip, ill have to try that. Keep looking for safer areas that's probably getting me knocked down to fast.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I'll hold out on my Opinion.

I just have to say "Okay, sure lol."

• Kebek

@CashelP14 I know, opinions differ so much with tier lists based on personal experiences. Having many points of view is a good thing for thinking out of our comfort zones.

DS can snowball if survivors swarm him then he can punish them really hard pretty fast but if they run away it can be tough yeah. His map pressure comes mainly from getting short chases so you need to be on top the whole match otherwise losing becomes pretty real pretty fast but perk help with that a lot. DH is strong but with how fast his ADS is survivors need to predict the shots before they happen or just when they're about to reach safe spot. It's still not countering him as hard as many other killers, I would dare say it actually hurts him less them most of the killer roster.

People won't ever make a collective decision on a tier list. Everyone plays differently and has different experiences. Discussing about them is still quite fun even when I can disagree about some choices made.