If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

So less than 2 weeks left for Rift.

Options
Milo
Milo Member Posts: 7,383

How's your tier going?

I'm sadly at 53 (after all challenges i'll end up at 55 probably). This is the 3rd time im actually ending at around 55 tiers.

Comments

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

tier 70 finishing up some of the tomes, but tier wise I am maxed

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,480
    Options

67 or 68... not sure.

Still a few challenges left on the archives.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

29 ;-;

I didn't play alot at the start of the rift...

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,421
    Options

I forget which tier but I’m on the last page. Hoping go get through it this weekend. 😀

• DrDeepwound
    edited June 2020
    Options

I am curious if you guys do both survivor and killer tomes or you just try to make it through as fast as possible doing one side. I try to complete both sides and klnock out the survivor ones first then do all the killer ones, seems to go smoothly and can finish the entire tome with time left if you grind it

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

currently im at tier 68 with 9/10 fragments.

also got one master challenge left (Dwights Fright), so i can totally see me getting this rift done early this time.

its funny to see how i improved over the time... rift 1 i had to buy ~6 tiers to complete it, rift 2 i barely managed to complete with the given time and rift 3 i complete almost 2 weeks early...

thats an interesting develpoment xD

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

I finished yesterday.

Still have some archive challenges i haven't completed, but some of them I just won't do. Some just too hard for me. Like... 15 hatchets in one game? Sorry, I don't play Huntress much. I don't think I've hit 15 hatchets in my entire play time, let alone in one game.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327
    Options

I try to get to the charms first then i go back and do the rest of the challenges

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2020
    Options

Tier 16

I don't play the game much these days. Maybe 2-4 matches a day at most. At least 1 match for each side for bonus Devotion on first match.

I honestly don't feel any incentive at all to play the game anymore, at least not much. Battle Passes just don't do it for me. They feel empty and the grind isn't worth it, at least not for me and certainly not from a game play perspective. Have to max it to warrant buying it.

I did take took almost a half year break from the game, and when I came back, it felt like nothing at all changed. A lot has changed since release. But anymore it's just the same thing over and over. No real new perks to shift anything, maybe 1 every so often, but more often than not, all 6 new perks from a survivor and killer are average at best, but not viable enough.

Every chapter, we get a mid grade killer that a ton of people deem OP before learning to play against it. Others try to hype it up more than it's actually worth calling it a "game changer", then most of them stop playing it after a month or maxing out it's prestige, or whatever. If the DEVs nerf it because no one wants to learn how to face it, then they get reprimanded. And if they do nothing they get berated anyways.

But hey, maybe I just need to play some more CIV 5.

Might be a hidden motivational tool in there somewhere?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@DrDeepwound @Weck @Mister_xD

Just out of curiosity, how much you guys play a day (or in general)

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    edited June 2020
    Options

i reach the lv70 1 week ago

and i play 3h every day

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

I got to 70 at around 20 days left. I was surprised in myself cause I was taking a break at the start of the Rift and came back at around 59 days left, and only started doing challenges about a week in.

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 188
    Options

Finished it

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited June 2020
    Options

not all that much tbh.

i do play on a daily basis, but usually its no more than 3 to 6 games before i call it a night.

though i do sometimes somehow manage to get enough motivation to play the game A LOT.

like yesterday, where i unlocked every killer crown (from clown onwards), the dwight and kate crown aswell as getting all remaining challenges done (besides Dwights Fright - that were at least 5 master challenges btw), boosting my rift from tier 63 to almost 69.

EDIT: one thing i forgot is, that as a contrary to the days where i play nonstop, i also have plenty of "burnout days" - actually at the beginning of this rift i was so unmotivated, i just barely managed to get the challenges done before the next level opened, even though i pretty much first tried them all. sometimes i barely played in weeks.

also im now tier 69 with 7/10 fragments and no challenges left.

Post edited by Mister_xD on
  • SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,694
    Options

I wish I could have finished it but I just don't have enough time in a day. For those that paid for the premium tier though, it would be nice if you could get at least all of the cosmetics.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,480
    Options

A couple hours. Sometimes more, sometimes nothing at all.

Literally took a week break before PH got released.

• Noobe
    Noobe Member Posts: 152
    Options

i was tier 70 before level 3 released.. been like that since tome 1

• DrDeepwound
    Options

Admittedly, I just came back from a 3 DLC break. I stopped playing before Stranger Things chapter and just returned about a month or so ago. So I have been grinding a bit much during this Covid19 thing, but I usually play a little bit daily, if its a rainy day I may do a long session.

• cenoflame
    cenoflame Member Posts: 320
    Options

Just finished it a few days ago. I like the charm, but I don't think anyone looks at charms. Also, I got the cool Feng hair cosmetic in time to swap it out for the crown. So yay.

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178
    Options

Calling bullcrap on everyone @Mister_xD @Yogerman1997 etc who acts like they play super casual and somehow capped it with 2-3 weeks to go. You guys are playing at least 40 hours a week.

During COVID I have been playing 25+ hours a week @Milo and each tome level I only have 1-2 challenges left (mainly because I do not own the killer/survivor) ..... I'm rank 60.

Here is the reality .... RIFT WILL TAKE YOU 150-250 HOURS TO COMPLETE BASED ON:

1) If you do ALL the challenges, the less you do the closer to 250 hours.

2) Rank/queue times, don't forget the 1 to 5 minutes you sit in lobby waiting. This "real life" time counts.

3) Skill/luck/farming matches/DCs/etc

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284
    Options

As of last night 4 shards away from 70.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,752
    Options

55 or 56. I'll probably spend some of the auric cells on a few tiers at the end but we'll see

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Someones a little salty they havent maxed out their time effectiveness it seems.

Also assuming everyone is waiting 5+ mins for a game is silly. Play killer. Instant games.

Also saying someone else cant do it just because YOU cant isnt how it works.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324
    Options

30. Just want to get Spirit's head, so almost there! (Free track only)

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416
    Options

I finished it when Pyramid Head was released.

• DrDeepwound
    edited June 2020
    Options

The way I did it was to grind survivor games first. I figured I was averaging 500+ xp per match, and you need 800 xp to get a fragment. So by grinding those games and doing the tomes at the same time I was able to then grind out killer tomes until reaching tier 70. This is my first tome participation. I was on break during the first two and have started working on completing them for bloodpoints too. I grinded hard for it not gonna lie, but also just came back from a break so I was checking out all the new stuff and enjoying getting familiar with the game again.

• Calabrum
    Calabrum Member Posts: 102
    Options

Im at 48, I think. I took about a week break from DBD though. Played Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War to 100% on PS4. Wrapping up my 100% for Death Stranding now. Considering what to play next.

• Zender
    Zender Member Posts: 178
    Options

@Carpemortum Not really salty, I am a little too old for childish banter and name calling. I play both sides quite a bit and even with the challenges 96% done it has still been a MASSIVE GRIND.

All I am saying is that for whatever reason people are vastly underestimating the time they are putting in. Could be for a variety of reasons; top ones that come to mind: teenagers or 20-somethings with a lot of free time on their hands, not really keeping track of time and 4 hours felt like two, fanbois, etc...

• rottmeister
    rottmeister Member Posts: 316
    Options

70 :)

But I had to buy about 10. I was pretty busy with exams and stuff and I was desperate for the Kate top with the backpack.

• KiloOfSalt
    KiloOfSalt Member Posts: 91
    Options

Tier 70. Been there for a few weeks and wish I had more to earn.

• caz_
    caz_ Member Posts: 218
    Options

i finished it 1 week ago and honestly didnt played that much. just by doing the missions Rift 1-3 + play time i got it very easy.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667
    Options

I am at about 50.

I haven't sold my soul to this game yet, so I don't play every day.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

I am at 60.8 right now... and i have 4.3 tiers left in the tome if i get them done. so it really isn't hard for that to be completed. I don't care much for pushing but in 12 days i can get the rest done easily. just have to play more every so often, and i took full days off of playing and only played one or two matches in general during the time, so i didn't push hard as i've done before.

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158
    Options

The battle pass model is designed to make you want to play by constantly awarding you, that's why its so effective in fortnite.

The fact that Dbd doesn't shows how big of a failure it is. Whales will buy all tiers day 1 regardless so what's the point of making it so grindy?

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

Yeah, I got to tier 70 a few weeks back, and that was with saving all the nodes from @CashelP14 's guides.

Lockdown has helped this along immensely, but I have been putting in hours in other games too.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 408
    Options

Tier 60 with 26 challenges left. This is the most grindy rift ever for me. I am feeling extremely exhausted, particularly as I need to play survivor almost exclusively when I'd rather have fun playing killer.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    Options

Been maxed for awhile, long before the fourth page dropped.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

51 but I already got what I wanted

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Idk, there's nothing on this Rift that i want so i don't really keep track.

I got the neat final Charm from the Tomes though, i like the looks of it.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

Shamefully I completed rank 70 like 4 weeks ago lmao XD

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2020
    Options

I'm at tier 38. I'd be higher if TLOU2 hadn't come out and I devoted my time to completing it. I'm just going to only play DBD until the end of this Rift. I think I'll end up around tier 50. I actually can't wait to come back to DbD, I've been missing it even with its flaws.

Post edited by SnakeSound222 on
  • Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Tier 70, i had to buy up to tier 30 because of a break I took.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited June 2020
    Options

Literally. So dumb how you can't buy Auric Cells for others.

I bought my friends Battle Pass for MW but you can't do it here?

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326
    Options

30, I started a bit late for this one.

I have no interest for the characters featured so I skipped most of the challenges

Dwight: Only level 1. His perks just don't appeal to me.

Huntress: I'm not good with ranged killers. I just leveled her up for her perks and kind of forgot about her.

Kate: Didn't buy her. Again perks don't appeal to me.

Legion: Again didn't buy them. Legion to me is just a very boring and unfun killer to play as/against. I got all the perks from the shrine.

• mike4156
    mike4156 Member Posts: 222
    edited June 2020
    Options

im at 32 still have all the killer challenges left and ive only been grinding the game again for a week, been about 2-3months since i last got on before this grind i figure 21 days left or so is plenty time for me

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    Options

62, came back after a break and Rift had 41 days left. So in 30 days I completed almost all 4 times (only Kate's perk escape and Kate challenge left in tome 4).

I work whole day, so I can play for tops 3 hours, often less as GF is pissy that I play stupid games instead of watching brainless, low budget tv series with her.

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

TBH, there is nothing in the tome, that is worth getting.