WGLF Buff

Options
Papayarng
Papayarng Member Posts: 73
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

So We're gonna live forever is the obvious counterpart to BBQ chilli because they both give an extra 25% Bonus BP's stackable up to 100% bonus BP's everytime you either unhook survivors/take protection hit or hook a survivor.

This is the only feature of WGLF (The bonus 100% BP's) however BBQ chilli also has the aura reveal every hook. Therefore i propose that WGLF gets a buff so that it also does something useful, E.g:

-If injured when unhooking a survivor you gain the Endurance status effect (like an anti BT) for 6/8/10. Does not apply if already using BT (to avoid double endurance)

-When unhooking a survivor see the killers aura if you are not within their Terror radius/If the killer is farther than 40m

-When unhooking a survivor gain a 25% speed bonus to all objective and healing actions for 60/80/100 seconds

Dunno it just seems like WGLF is only used when farming for BP's so it is kinda unfair that the killer counterpart has 2 effects.

Post edited by Papayarng on

Comments

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    edited June 2020
    Options

Pretty sure wglf does has a usefull effect... If the gates are open you unhook and heal people faster.

My suggested buff is to remove the requirement that the gates should be open and that's

Edit: nvm i am an idiot i thought this was no one left behind lol.

• Schinsly
    Schinsly Member Posts: 176
    Options

To be honest, I don't think WGLF needs a buff. I'm sure it wouldnt hurt, but the perk is already used more than 90% of other useless survivor perks. If you want to farm BP as survivor, this perk does it pretty well. Don't think another ability would be necessary.

• NightWolfsFury
    NightWolfsFury Member Posts: 215
    Options

I like the second idea. The last one seems beyond broken. Maybe just a haste increase, similar to Blood Pact. Unhooking a survivor within 32 meters of the terror radius (camping, proxy, etc.) grants the hooked survivor 7% haste for 10 seconds, maybe? This way if it is used to farm (which it typically is), it at least gives the hooked survivor a better chance to reposition and give you the stack.

Outside of 32m could give you and the hooked survivor 3s of the killer's aura? Maybe both haste and aura reading could be a buff at the same time, otherwise only one or the other if this is too strong.

I believe BBQ is 32m, which is why I used that as the baseline distances for the two ideas I used.

• caz_
    caz_ Member Posts: 218
    Options

better would be seeing the killers aura for 3 seconds but there is already one perk what does that. its one of steves perks i think.

and what you want would be unbalanced.

• Papayarng
    Options

No one left behind gives altruism

WGLF gives +100% of all BPs

• Papayarng
    Options

Sorry i didnt mean ALL actions i meant things like healing and gens. il change it

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209
    Options

They honestly should have opt out of babysitter and made that the second effect of wglf either from saves or maybe even by save and protection hits would be an amazing aggro perk killer has to choose you who took a hit or other person who now temporarily makes no blood or scratch marks if anything tho just give it the second wind style effect where “healing a full health state will grant 1 token for 25% stackable bp”

• NightWolfsFury
    NightWolfsFury Member Posts: 215
    Options

To be fair, many perks in this game do basically the same thing as each other, some better than others. An example is Spine Chill versus Premonition. While they basically do the same thing, Spine Chill is better by far and can provide you benefits in a match just by having the killer look at you.

I don't think it would be too bad of an idea giving WGLF similar qualities to BBQ, as that is it's counterpart.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    edited June 2020
    Options

For, uh, for buff 3 I have several issues and I'm gonna try and run some numbers.

Healing takes 16 seconds putting in 1 charge every second. Increasing that by 25% makes you put in 1.25 charges each second, meaning healing is actually 16/1.25 seconds instead of 16/1, or 12.8 seconds. This is okay, it's a bit like Botany Knowledge, but the issue comes with the rest.

Generators take 80 seconds at 1 charge every second, or 80/1 seconds. With this buff, you complete a generator solo in 64 seconds. 2 survivors repair gens at 0.85 charges each second- increasing that by 25% makes it 1.0625 charges per second, or 37.6470588235 seconds. 3 survivors repair gens at 0.7 charges each second- making this 0.875 charges per second, or 30.4761904762 seconds. 4 survivors repair gens at 0.55 charges each second- making this 29.090909091 seconds (this is assume all survivors had the buff, since it lasts for 100 seconds). You could do a generator in 30 seconds. For clarification, a decisive strike stun, provided the survivor runs in a straight line, grants them ~3.75 seconds of distance, or 15m (moving at 4m/s). A standard killer gains 0.4m each second, giving that survivor 37.5 seconds of distance. You can do a generator from scratch with three friends in the time it takes for the killer to catch up. This is just no- I factored in the buff to everyone but didn't factor in Resilience or Prove Thyself or Toolboxes (since, frankly, I'm too lazy, but if anyone else wants to and share results please tag me because I am kinda interested).

A fast vault takes 0.5 seconds. Resilience and Spine Chill (combined) provide 15% faster vaulting, taking this to 0.425 seconds. Add in WGLF (since you said all action speeds) and this goes from +15% to +40%. For clarification, that is 0.3 seconds for a fast vault.

Medium vaults are 0.9 seconds- Resilience, Spine Chill, and WGLF for make this 0.54 seconds. You could medium vault at the speed of a fast vault and with none of the awkward angling.

Exit gates take 20 seconds to open (you know the drill, 1 charge every second). This perk alone decreases this to 16 seconds. Combine Leader and you're down to 13.3 seconds. Combine Spine Chill and Resilience and you're down to 12.12 seconds. If you unhook a teammate with leader whilst injured & the killer is returning you can fully open an exit gate in 12 seconds.

The worst part? You didn't say these benefits wouldn't stack.

You unhook 2 survivors? 50% increase. Healing goes to 10.67 seconds, leader increasing this to 9.14 seconds. This is We'll Make It levels of faster healing but for everything else too. Medium vaults become faster than default fast vaults at 0.45 seconds, fast vaults become 0.25 seconds, gates are open in 13.3 seconds and you solo repair a generator in 53 seconds. 2 survivors without the perk do gens in ~47.06 seconds. Need I explain how doing a generator solo 6 seconds faster than 2 survivors (who would trigger discordance, be louder, and mean 2 people are pressured by the killer coming near) is slightly ######### broken?

Then for the icing on the cake, Self-Care. You bring Self-Care and Botany Knowledge, you know what happens. You unhook someone, you Self-Care at 58% speed- faster than someone else healing you. You unhook 2 survivors without Botany you Self-Care at the same speed someone heals you. Do this with Botany- 83% faster (33% faster than the normal healing); you self care in 12 seconds. Old Self-Care says hi.

In other words, if the devs implented the third one, I would legitimiately quit killer. I've never been tempted to before but Jesus Christ this is actually ######### bonkers on so many levels a skyscraper would be proud of you.

EDIT: In the time it took to write my comment you edited the OP. My points about Exit Gates and Vaulting are now void. My points about Generators, Healing, and Self-Care remain. It's a no from me, cheif.

• Bloodpoint_Addict
    Bloodpoint_Addict Member Posts: 16
    Options

2 seems good and the other ones are broken af

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 432
    Options

Add the aura buff and it's 200% more awesome than it is now

• Papayarng
    Options

Coulda just said 3 is broken. i was just spewing ideas tbh

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

I could have but that's no fun. Plus I wanted to do maths, haven't done any since school cut out in March

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824
    Options

lol

"this useless perk is used more than these other useless perks so it doesn't need a buff"

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited June 2020
    Options

imo would be fine it is does the same bbq do, after unhooking a survvior you see the aura of all survivors for 4 seconds, that would be nice it would be very helpfull to know what are the rest doing and due that make the best decision... nothing op but something else apart from points, like a bbq but for survivors.

• Teneen
    Teneen Member Posts: 2
    Options

WGLF either needs a buff to how u obtain stacks cuz right now u either have to farm ur teammates off hook or take unnecessary hits to actually get 4 stacks and if all 4 run wglf maybe just 1 or 2 will manage to actually get 4 stacks

also that 2nd option seems fine

• Papayarng
    Options

farming your friends wont get yout stacks cos it has to be a safe unhook