We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

False advertisement

Fost
Fost Member Posts: 6

I'm not the greatest at creating post, but to a game I truly love, I couldn't let this slide past the community. I'm talking about the misleading or falsely advertised skins in Dead By Daylight. I truly love the game, I love the content developers are making but some of the cosmetic that were advertised and priced for..... very disappointing in some of the cosmetics and some shouldn't be charged so much for very little-mediocre effort. For example, the recent release of Alessa Gillespie doesn't represent how she was advertised.

Inside the news, she was advertised like the picture above. Now if you go inside the store, you'll see something slightly odd and similar.

Now you could say I took a photo of her ugly side, lowered my quality(This was taken in ultra quality) or should have taken a video taken a video, that's not necessary. You can go to the game and witness all this yourself. Anyways, Everything about her model and how the developers advertised her skins is misleading. Instead of creating a new model for Alessa Garland or different head, they slapped clothes and a new wig on Cheryl Mason. What's even worse, since Alessa is a special cosmetic that's supposed to represent another individual on a same survivor. You can't be creative, and mix & match the same clothes with Cheryl Mason, even though; they share the same model. idk, Should the developers stop this false advertisement? or should they continue on?

I just want a new model for Alessa Gillespie, not happy how they advertised her, and sorry for the grammar error and the length of this, I couldn't think of more to say but you get the message.

Comments

• Fost
    Fost Member Posts: 6

@Superyoshiegg What's the point of having the outfit being exclusive? Since they share the same model, might as well be creative with the outfit. There was no point in advertising this.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832
    edited June 2020

Its probably because Konami made it that way. i doubt the devs would care if you could mixed and matched Alessas and Cheryls clothes

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

*A goblin sneers from the shadows. after a long pause, the clouds partly break and a beam of moonlight reveals the horrible visage of Quentin Smith.

• Larz02Barz
    Larz02Barz Member Posts: 95

But their is no new model for the nurse one its still just the same Cheryl model with only a lobby idle animation amd that's it

• Zane
    Zane Member Posts: 75

I mean look I don't care about the lobby animation, Cheryl/Heather was part of Alessa anyways so I'm not surprised that they act in a similar way, I just hate how they look exactly the same, just the same player model. I wanted to buy the skin too-

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

As a Quentin main I understand the frustration.

• Siberia
    Siberia Member Posts: 353

It feels half-assed. Almost as if they rushed it or something. I hope if they ever make Robin in the future, they don’t just put a wig on Nancy. I understand the graphics not being as beautiful as the picture we see, but they could’ve changed up the model to make it more alike to the character.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Ive never played SH so outside of PH I have no idea who these people are, and because of that idc. I bought Alessa cause I like that outfit more than the others. She reminds me of wednesday adams for some reason, theres a weird goth thing going on with her. I dig it

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited June 2020

I'd bet somewhere in there tos it says display images can be altered without notice. You should of been a smart consumer and looked into it first. Just saying

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I said the exact same thing when I saw the pictures being advertised.

• Jasuo
    Jasuo Member Posts: 54

To be honest I don't even understand why Alessa looks like that in the border image, she looked nothing like that in Silent Hill. And as another poster said, Alessa and Cheryl are kiiiinda the same person so I don't think they'd look much different anyway.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Bhvr can’t do character models

they look like they got their heads slammed through a plate glass window

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

I guess I'm the only one who likes the actual model over the news photo?

I hate the photo one! It looks like she's wearing makeup which she wouldn't be wearing anyway.

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333

i know it's kinda old this thread but it's an interesting topic so,Thought i was the only one who noticed the (Alessa) News photo and the in-game model look totally different,i have the Alessa Skin and i love it but,she looks totally different in those two pictures,not to mention the graphics look better,don't be suprised,it happened the same thing with Cybil's legendary skin,she looked WAY better in the trailer than in-game,Dissapointing but not surprising,don't know if it's a totally false advertisement but,it's kinda.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

How is it false advertisment if you can see the actual model before you buy it?

Do you call out mcdonald too for having their burgers look better in picture then in real life?

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Exactly! I bought the skin before I saw the ad and still seeing the ad I'm like, 'ugh'. You can clearly see before you buy how she looks. If you don't like how she looks, just don't buy it. It's not like there is preorders for skins and down the road it becomes available and you're all full of tears Alessa doesn't have painted on eyebrows like you expected her to have. 😣

This discussion has been closed.