New Killer Looking for Tips

Options

Picked up DBD about two months ago on PS4 (Than it's released a month later for free haha) and have been having fun. Just looking for tips and tricks to help me get better.

I main The Pig, mostly for her stealth ability so I can sneak up on Survivors to get in a quick first hit. I run the perks Make Your Choice, Bitter Murmur, Huntress Lullaby, and I'm working to get her Dying Light while using Whispers as a placeholder.

I've been getting better and better at hunting the more I've played, knowing when to do a quick attack or a charge, destroying pallets, learning good patrol routes. Any suggestions from more experienced Hunters?

Comments

• Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 331
    Options
    Let's start from her perks. Try to purchase perks at Shrine regularly, especially when you meet Ruin, BBQ, Nurse's Calling etc. You can also level up the respective characters, but some of them come from the DLCs. 

I would stay with Whispers If I were you as seeing that it is active you can quickly crouch and surprise Survivors that are working on a generator. With Dying Light you need to tunnel a bit or bring Mori, otherwise you just increase altruistic speed of your obsession. So I do not recommend that perk to be using on Pig.

With the Pig you also should know that RBT is a tool that is supposed to slow down the game or to prevent Survivors from escaping. You choose when you want to use the traps - to eliminate some of the Survivors from working on the generators for some time OR use it as an end game tool, to stop Survivors from escaping.

Ambush is a very useful ability during long loops. Can be used to hit a Survivor or when Survivor is standing by the pallet, it is nice to bait. You start the ambush going right, but then quickly turn left. Remember about using it during long loops only if you can, it might be useful.

With Whispers you can know when to move normally and when to crouch. When the Whispers (tier 3 of course) activates, you know that Survivor is less than 32 meters of you. You know it but they do not yet, as your terror radius equals 28 meters. You can use those 4m when they do not aware that you are approaching to crouch and then perform and ambush attack.

Try not to chase people while crouched with a hope to perform an ambush attack. Crouch and attack when you are close and more or less sure than you will land a hit. Remember that you are slower while crouching. 

About her addons. The best combo to make a Reverse Bear Trap a killing machine is Tampered Timer and Jigsaw Sketch. Reduced timer of the trap and lower chance to disassemble the trap = perfection. You can go with Video Tape and Combat Straps to make your crouch and ambush ability even more effective. Unfortunately, Bag of Gears, Amanda's Secret and Crate of Gears are bugged addons that shouldn't be used. 
    Her Ultra Rare add-ons - rather weak and not useful. Amanda's Letter is only good on Lery's or The Game maps. 

That would be everything. If you got any questions, then ask them here. I'ma help :) 

• Why_Are_You_Salty
    Why_Are_You_Salty Member Posts: 138
    Options

Pig is a decent killer, but her ambush ability is only great for mindgames because if a survivor has SB they'll just outrun your ambush this will occur most commonly at high ranks, but as soon as the game starts, crouch and try to sneak up on a survivor on a gen and quickly uncrouch and try pulling them off by hitting R2 or what ever your attack button is, but make sure you're right on them when you do it or you'll just hit them, this tactic sort of stops working once everyone knows you're pig since they'll keep moving their camera. Her RBTs are purely meant to slow the game down they aren't meant to kill as for addons I recommend what the other person said: Tampered timer and Jigsaw's sketch to give them less time and less chance of getting the trap off. As for Perks I recommend leveling Hag for Ruin because it slows the game down just enough to get maybe 1-2 hooks depending on totem spawn and level Leatherface who is $5 for Barbeque and Chili to let you see auras of survivors outside of 40 meters from a hooked survivor and it also gives bonus bloodpoints. I wouldn't recommend Dying Light because it requires you to tunnel the obsession which isn't fun for them and can result in a loss for you so if you run Dying Light bring a mori to eliminate them as soon as they get unhooked. MYC is good, but only on mobile killers such as Billy and Nurse, Lullaby is a hex token perk so as soon as it starts becoming powerful the totem gets destroyed so when you get Ruin replace lullaby with Ruin, for bitter murmur replace that with Barbeque and Chili once you level LF up to 35 and have a perk of any choice to replace Dying Light.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

When the PTB turns into the live patch, also don't forget about the Crate of Gears. Currently, it does jack squat. Not really worth the time or investment. I mean literally it does nothing. Stacking both gear add-ons has been proving quite nail biting for survivors I've been going against who've been ignoring the RBT's in the past, now feeling as though they are a threat. Also Tampered Timer with Crate of Gears scored me a 3k with strictly RBT's.

Biggest thing with them, try and spread them out and not spam them at all once. Think of the RBT's as a quasi Hex Totem that removes a survivor from the main objectives for a time with the potential to kill. Game Over kills don't happen often, so don't be disheartened when the survivors get their new set of braces off. Map size, luck, and spawn locations of the boxes will determine how long the trapped survivor is out of play.

Perk combo that I've been using is Save the Best for Last, Hex: Ruin, Pop Goes the Weasel, and Overcharge. At lower ranks Overcharge is very useful, but as you get higher and higher you'll find it's usefulness dwindle off as the higher rank people can more or less hit it with their eyes closed. With the release of The Spirit, I might recommend swapping it with the new Hex: Haunted Ground as a means to keep Ruin protected and to give yourself an added level of threat by causing all the survivors to become Exposed once the trap totem is broken.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@TatsuiChiyo said:
    Picked up DBD about two months ago on PS4 (Than it's released a month later for free haha) and have been having fun. Just looking for tips and tricks to help me get better.

I main The Pig, mostly for her stealth ability so I can sneak up on Survivors to get in a quick first hit. I run the perks Make Your Choice, Bitter Murmur, Huntress Lullaby, and I'm working to get her Dying Light while using Whispers as a placeholder.

I've been getting better and better at hunting the more I've played, knowing when to do a quick attack or a charge, destroying pallets, learning good patrol routes. Any suggestions from more experienced Hunters?

Lullaby is very weak because it usually get cleansed before it can do sth. I recommend using ruin if you have it. Also BBQ will grant you double BP and makes you able to see survivors on gens after a hook, this way you can use ambush strategically