Unpopular Opinion: Iridescent head add-on is fine.

Black_Fence
Black_Fence Member Posts: 308
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

The iridescent head add-on is fine where it is, the issue is when it is stacked with infantry belt. If a huntress misses with Iri heads she shouldn't get another 2 tries. I just went against a huntress with iri and infantry and we had 3 downs in the space of 40 seconds. I was the only one that managed to dodge he three times and the slugs just DCed as soon as they realised it was iri and infantry. Luckily because I dodged her a lot and then finally got hit she let me go because she thought it was unfair everyone else DCed. If the huntress had to fill up her hatchets every time she missed or after every insta down then iri would be a lit fairer as an OP add-on.

How I believe iri heads should read:

A glass-like Hatchet head moulded from The Fog itself. The blade is warm and reverberating with The Entity's power.

upon the victim.

• Reduces Hatchet Carrying capacity to always be 1.

"The iridescent glass cuts through flesh and soul."

What are some of your unpopular opinions? Do you agree with my QOL changes to Iridescent heads?

Post edited by Black_Fence on

Comments

• Mrjuice
    Mrjuice Member Posts: 94

Yeah if it is one shot only it would be better and actually change the playstyle, which is what iridescent addons should do.

• Mrjuice
    Mrjuice Member Posts: 94

Might also increase reload time but that might be a little bit too awkward to use.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2020

OP forgot to add "Iridescent Head trumps all other add-ons" Making it clear that the "Reduces Hatchet Carrying capacity to 1" can't be affected by any other add-ons that increase her carrying capacity. Hag has Add-ons that have this text as well, making it impossible to teleport to her traps with other add-ons like her Ultra Rare Mint Rag that would otherwise allow her to Teleport to any trap at infinite distances.

Making Iridescent Head trump all other capacity add-ons is a good idea, but if I'm being honest, because of Deathslinger's Ultra rare Iridescent Coin add-on, I believe the way they are actually going to change Iridescent Head is by making it inflict Dying only after hitting a survivor past a certain range, like 20 meters. It just seems to me that they were experimenting with this idea on Deathslinger, and they may incorporate it with Huntress as a way to reward the killers aiming skill, rather than just letting her keep a consistent Intant-down add-on. Otherwise, even with OP's change, Survivors will still complain that it's a no-skill 1 shot add-on.

• Black_Fence
    Black_Fence Member Posts: 308

by "to 1" I was implying that it always makes the carrying capacity 1 no matter what else is added on. Because if you add increases carrying capacity by 2 but iridescent heads decreases it "to one" instead of by a certain number then it will always be 1.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Problem is, the coin addon is useless. Going for hard to hit shots is not rewarded when you play Deathslinger. Hence his status as a low C tier killer.

• TWiXT

Just being thorough. The "trumps all other add-ons" text just makes it clear that "to 1" can't be affected by other add-on's. for example, Infantry Belt Reads:

A sturdy utility belt pillaged from a soldier. Its multiple leather loops and holsters are useful to transport tools.

• Start with 2 extra Hatchets.
    • Increases Hatchet Carrying capacity by 2.

While the change in text for Iridescent Head reduces capacity "to 1", it still may not be clear to people that Infantry belts effect won't increase the carrying capacity anymore when using Iridescent Head. You may be thinking "reduces carrying capacity to 1 is absolute" but when reading it they may be thinking "reduces carrying capacity to 1 + increases carrying capacity by 2 = 3 hatchets!"

That was why they added that text to the Hags Scarred Hand, and Waterlogged Shoe add-ons, because while they both prevent hag from teleporting to her traps, her Mint Rag should be able to bypass that with it's text which says she can teleport to any trap in the map once every 15 seconds without them having to be triggered. So to make it clear that her other add-ons couldn't change the loss of her ability to teleport, they added the "trumps all other add-ons" text.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I would much prefer her to have only 1 Iri Head. It's bad enough she's launching couches at survivors, but when 3 can down teams under a minute, there's some serious balance issues here. Hell, even Deathslinger can only down 1 person if he can spear them from a set distance with his Iri, and Clown still has to actually hit a survivor with his bottle and hit them to down a person. Huntress just lobs something at you from any distance and gets a nice easy down. I'm not saying Huntress shouldn't have power, but there's power, then theres over-powered.

• TWiXT
    edited June 2020

Well yeah, The Iridescent coin only allows 3 meters of instant down area since his range is limited to 18 meters, and the coin only allows the instant down if you hit them past 15, which makes it extremely frustrating to try and use. Huntress on the other hand has no range restriction to her hatchets, so making them inflict dying past a 20 meter range is not only do-able, it also encourages shots that require more skill to pull off, and lets face it, If huntress pulls off a snipe from more than 20 meters away... she's earned the down. Of course, knowing the devs, They'll likely make it say "from at least 32 meters away" to make it near impossible to pull off.