Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Lets talk about Springtrap

Recently ive seen alot of people talk about Five Nights at Freddy's taking the role of chapter 17, obviously none of this coming from the developers themselves, we should take these expectations as a grain of salt.

Alot of people are assuming if this was the case, Springtrap would be the killer which would make complete sense considering William "Springtrap" Afton murdered plenty of people in the Five Nights at Freddy's universe.

There are a vast minority of people in the DBD community that have alot of concerns and issues which i would like to discuss with you guys.

Firstly, lets discuss the common opinion that springtrap would not fit in dead by daylight. Personally i completely disagree. Although he may look like a robot, William Afton is infact a HUMAN in a mascot suit, Springtrap is NOT a robot. This is very similar to the legions robbie the rabbit outfits for the fact that they are humans under the suit.

Not only this, you could also argue that the demogorgon (a mythical creature from another universe) does not fit in dead by daylight but they managed to make this work.

Another reason Springtrap WOULD fit into this game is because he has already done all the steps required to break the barrier between his universe and the entitys realm. He has commited massive acts of violence involving gruesome murders, Tampering with corpses, Butchering children, Kidnapping, Designing traps to both lore and murder children and plenty of other things. Not only that, he was put in purgatory himself (similar to the entitys trials). It would already make sense that the entity has already weakened/breached the barrier between these universes.

Just like most of the other killers in dead by daylight, william in hindsight is just a very damaged and mutilated human so dont be thrown off by the fact hes a robot. In reality hes alot more human then he is robot.

The Five Nights at Freddys lore and Dead by Daylights entity's lore fit together like puzzle pieces, they work perfectly to be crossed over with practically no rewriting needed to combine them together.

Obviously every chapter comes with: A new map, A new survivor(s) and a new killer.

There are still alot of other questions such as who the survivor would be, what the map would be and how would the killer work.

Personally, I think the attraction from FNaF 3 would be a perfect fit for a map for a couple of reasons:

• It has a perfect atmosphere for dead by daylight
  • It contains lots of creepy and unnerving props.
  • its dark, foggy and eerie.
  • the entire place is rotton and decaying
  • there are lots of different rooms and hallways to play in

Now there are alot of different options for the survivor but personally i think Jeremy Fitzgerald would play the perfect role. He has experienced alot from different animatronics and springtrap himself. He has been in the very location springtrap was locked away in for decades so it would make complete sense as him being the survivor

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

*Please keep in mind this is my opinion, you are more then welcome to disagree with anything i say and i will respect anything you have to say. Feel free to tell me your opinion down below :)

Comments

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

I wouldn’t care if he got added into the game, I wouldn’t be excited but also not disappointed.

Lore wise he fits into the game and has a better story then some killers already *cough legion.* He’s literally a murder that was crushed and ripped inside a suit trying to hide from ghosts of kids that he’s killed.

Scare wise he wouldn’t make your heart race but it’s not like it would be a laughing stock. He’s actually pretty disturbing to look at tbh.

What I don’t get is how people say “he isn’t scary” but is dbd really scary anymore? Ghostface can teabag and his mori is taking a selfie ooo spooky. It would be a little weird because DBD normally gets classic license (besides ST) but it wouldn’t be completely out of here.

• Semimatic
    Semimatic Member Posts: 162
    edited June 2020

A slight redesign would make him actually pretty f*cking disturbing to face off against. I don't really get why people say he isn't scary when he's sure as hell scarier than Ghost Face's, Huntress', etc. design.

You can't look at this and say it's not f*cking disturbing to look at. If you say it's not, that's fine, but if you're saying it's not scary for anyone, you're just being stubborn because your favorite killer isn't being added to the game.

I wouldn't be dying to see him added or disappointed at all, similar to what @xCarrie. I wouldn't mind his addition at all, but it wouldn't be something I'd ignore. I'd probably get him based on appearance alone, unless if his power is actual garbage.

The current games seem to be going in the right direction because they're in collaboration with other studios (Help Wanted was a blast and I'm not that much of a FNaF fan) and their new game, from what I've researched, looks promising. I never really liked the original games, but the environment is unsettling af.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

Not a FNAF fan myself, though I don’t know anything about the games so I can’t say too much. They just never seemed scary to me. But I can admit he is a little unsettling to look at. What even is inside him? Is that all wiring or muscle / sinew?

• chickenMan
    chickenMan Member Posts: 23

I always thought the jump scare aspect of FNaF was dumb, and the community around the games pretty decidedly ruined it for me.

With that being said, Scott Cawthon really made one hell of a compelling backstory to the series, and the art direction and sound of the series are some of the best in modern horror games.

I personally would be at least interested in a FNaF DLC, but the stain this franchise has on it thanks to certain outside parties would make it hard to swallow for some, and I can’t honestly blame them. It’s hard to look past how obnoxious and at times abhorrent the FNaF community was back in the day.

Regardless, I can appreciate either side, but I would tentatively support a FNaF DLC

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

Both. Essentially, Springtrap is a Animatronic suit that was able to be worn by the employees of Fazbear Pizzaria. The killer, William Afton used the suit to 'lure' kids and kill them, but he ended up being trapped by said kids ghosts. He tried to use the suit to hide, but the suit was designed with 'Springlocks' that: 'When moisture is applied, will cause the suit to malfunction and crush the person within'. So, he was essentially crushed to death, but never fully died. So inside, is the suits wiring, and a rotting corpse.

• Semimatic

@HarleyQuinn

It's literally a somewhat mummified, bloodied corpse that's reanimated to life. It's the rotting corpse of a child serial killer.

• HarleyQuinn
    HarleyQuinn Member Posts: 247

Wow 😨 Okay then, that’s twisted as ######### lmao. I actually really like that story though. Thanks for the info.

• xXCAM3R0NXx
    xXCAM3R0NXx Member Posts: 387

Oioi,

Springtrap himself isn't that scary I agree, but think about it, imagine him chasing u through the map, you hear loud mechanical stomping behind you getting louder and louder, that's bound to make anyone feel nerve racking.

I think with the correct sound effects and visual effects, he can be one frigthening killer.

- Cam3r0n

• Semimatic
    edited June 2020

I'd explain it more like this, at least from what I know (apologies for any errors):

• One of the co-owners of the establishment used a recognizable mascot suit to lure gullible children into a backroom, where he eventually killed all of them by a supposed, gruesome murder. The suits doubled as mascots and animatronic entertainers, so essentially, the animatronic parts could be pushed back into the suit for a person to slip inside and wear it for a short duration. He hid the bodies in spare suits and sometimes even inside of the current animatronic entertainers to please his sick mind. Riddled with anxiety and fear of being caught, years later he went back to dismantle the animatronics and suits to hide any evidence. There, he either hallucinated or actually encountered the hauntings of the children he killed, and in a quick attempt to instigate fear in them once more in an attempt to have them leave him alone, he put on the same suit that had double functions. With the moisture of the soon-to-be demolished (and abandoned) building, the suit malfunctioned and an entire endoskeleton frame of an animatronic was forcibly shoved into his body. He sat there as he bled to death, or maybe even as some of his organs were pushed out, it's like one huge SAW trap. By supernatural chance, he survived within the suit. He simultaneously lives in constant pain and in constant planning, a meticulous killer with a deranged mind.

I personally think similar to Stranger Things, FNaF is still aimed towards teenagers and up. Some people think it's aimed towards kids, but even if that's 100% the case, this backstory of f*cked up and I would love to see this utterly evil character added into the game. I think the game was flooded with some kids with the release 6 years ago, but now, I believe the young fanbase is a minority (again, similar to Stranger Things).

After researching more about FNaF, this video popped up, and if executed similarly, Springtrap x DBD would be amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjetm9c3wB8

I talked about how the recent games are better now, and though I said that, looking back at some of the newer characters really nails that idea in for me:

This really haunts me to be honest. I think Springtrap should be added for sure, but I just don't see how people say that FNaF isn't scary anymore when these new characters are introduced in UE4.

• tylxr_jay
    tylxr_jay Member Posts: 76

That is a perfect way of putting it, i couldnt agree more with it almost being like a massive saw trap. Those particular animatronics were murdering machines that hide in plain sight. Parents and children would stand within 5 metres of the very thing that would crush there lives without even knowing it. Its all a wolf in sheeps clothing, you never know what is going to happen until it happens.

also really good work on the custom springtrap chase music you uploaded on youtube. as a matter of fact i was listening to them while i was writing this so i was shocked when i saw that you had replied to my post. if a miracle happens and we do manage to get springtrap as chapter 17, you should definitely try and make contact with bhvr to see if you can make use of your work.

Keep up the good work my friend <3

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Watch game theory fnaf videos if you want more of the lore. They do a good job explaining it.

But skip the first video.

• Doultime
    Doultime Member Posts: 82

Idc if they add fnaf into dbd but its kinda cringy to me since my 10yo brother is obsessed with it. I cant stand fnaf

• Semimatic

Some aspects are indeed cringy to it, but not the current state of it. I think the younger obsession is a minority now to be honest.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

yeah don't forget how the pizza party thing ends in FNAF VR. when it sets in what just happened, its a horrifying thought, and its not jumpscare horror.

• Semimatic
    edited June 2020

I think I know what you're talking about, I know this isn't it, but this is nightmare fuel.

I don't like the old games, really not at all. But this new stuff is really a good face for the franchise, this thing is honestly just SO haunting.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

I've been wanting Springtrap for AGES. I imagine his power being able to put down small automatons that he creates in The Entity's realm that work like Trapper traps except they chase you and you need to break line of sight of them or they'll grab you, hinder your movements, and continuously ping your location to the Killer.

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298

I swear there's like a bunch of alts here constantly trying to bring this topic up.

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

yup, exactly that. and also the part before with the character telling you to come over to them at the curtains, that parts pretty creepy too. but yeah, when you realize you're a young child who just got killed and see your killer dancing, celebrating, in the distance.

• Semimatic
    edited June 2020

@shinymon

I honestly don't think so, at least not from my end. This topic has gotten a ton of recognition lately outside of these forums, and I've seen a lot of threads about it. However, it would be funny af it that was the case lmao