Devs Very important question about cross-progression (Possible money issue if not cleared up)

Fres0c0
Fres0c0 Member Posts: 115

I want to buy cosmetics for DbD on steam but my main on Xbox also has cosmetics. so when converting Xbox to steam will i keep cosmetics from Xbox and keep the ones from Steam. As in will we be able to merge accounts or is there a way to work around keeping stuff from both side

Side question will Dlc bought on one device be useable on the other when crossing over/merging

Comments

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

I doubt you will be able to merge accounts, honestly that's probably impossible. You'll have one account or the other.

• Fres0c0

It has been done I just wanna know if they are doing it that way or not

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

How would you deal with perks and stuff? How would you merge stuff like that?

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Do we get to choose which characters to keep from different accounts?

• Fres0c0

That what I'm asking from the devs. I wanna know if I purchase cosmetics, dlc, or in game currency on one platform and have different purchased cosmetics or dlc from another platform, when cross progression comes out will i be able to merge and keep the best from both sides

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

No it will not. The Xbox version of Dead by Daylight is considered a different game entirely to PC, PS4, Switch, and Mobile. Nothing crosses over. Maybe in the future if things become cross-platform, but by then they'll have to have a hub system to sign you up for and hope that doesn't go under while the preparations are made.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

I can't see any definite answer they can give you on this as all they have said right now is it is something they would like to do and not that it will definitely happen.

Also when it comes to dlc chars, perks and skins they may have to broker a deal with the ones which are licensed.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

There are many different iterations, it just depends on which they decide to implement. I think the best kind is when you're able to merge all of your platform accounts into a singular account with the developer that contains all of your items. Typically you don't get any refunds during this process but it carries everything over and when there are duplicates it just deletes them. I don't see this being the version we get. I think the version we get will involve us linking all of the platform accounts to a behavior account and getting to select which of those accounts becomes the main account, basically that specific account and all of its progress is projected onto all of the linked platforms. However all of your progress and Investments would stay on that platform should you ever delink the accounts. On the other hand the progress and Investments on the platform account will be restored.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

Devs haven't mentioned or confirmed cross progression. I'd stick to 1 platform before buying cosmetics/dlc on another. Especially now since cross play is right around the corner.

• Fres0c0

To clear anyone saying there are no signs of cross progression. The devs said they are interested in it and I can see it become a feature when the add crossplay which they did all say when discussing what this year of dbd will look like.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Why impossible? That's probably very possible but devs are simply not doing it because of time.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I doubt dlc will be cross progression, look at final fantasy 14 for example, you can have one subscription for all platforms but expansions must be bought on each if you want to play them. I do hope purchases with cells are cross progression though otherwise money has been wasted.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

i doubt any of the licensed dlcs will be cross progression if they do have it, but i can kinda see original dlcs

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

If Cross Progression is introduced, I'd imagine only stuff that's free would cross over: unlocked perks, bloodweb progress, etc. Anything involving purchased with real money or Auric Cells would probably be limited to whatever platform they are purchased on. BHVR isn't the only one who profits off of that, after all.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited June 2020

Not quite. What the Devs said is that cross-play is happening by the end of this year. However, cross-progression is not happening with it, or even soon after it. While they admitted they would like to do it, there are still a lot of talks and details that need to happen with Microsoft, Valve, Sony, and Nintendo first. And there is no clear date on when, or even if, cross-progression would become a reality.

So, worrying about linking accounts and any sort of cross-progression right now is a waste of time. Only cross-play is coming, and it will have a friends list merged between the platforms. But that's it. For the foreseeable future, every platform and platform account will still be separate as far as progression, DLCs, and cosmetics.

• Jeestrunk
    Jeestrunk Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2021

Hi Jee here from the future, zone 9, district "awful at generators" solitary confinement.

Any word yet on this matter? saw dbd for 4 bucks just had to buy it on steam, but well, as we can all guess, I get to do the beginner tutorials again! Which Im afk from as we speak, bollocks.

-J

• DaWeezerd
    DaWeezerd Member Posts: 256