PC Controller Skill Checks Stops/Resets

I'm using a PS4 controller on the pc and although I know it hinders advanced gameplay, I prefer it. I have no problem with skill checks except every time one occurs, I stop healing/repairing straight after (stands up) and have to repress the button to continue. I've never seen this happen to anyone else so wondered if there is a fix?

Comments

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

I believe it is your usb cable and connection to PC is causing the problem.

If you have another usb cable try that, I found many of the usb cable move out temporarily when using remote play on GTA

• MattyEuro
    MattyEuro Member Posts: 13

Thanks. I knew it was me but wasn't sure what. I'll give it a go.

I've been putting up with it until my last game when I was healing a player near (not next to) a pallet. Yup, you guessed it! Hit the skill check, came out of healing, and then pressed the button to continue healing again, but I jumped to the pallet and slammed it down. It alerted the killer and he killed both of us. Then, that player thought I did it on purpose and abused me in the post-game chat.

So, yeah, I really want to fix it LOL

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

I use an xbone controller on PC and with the dedicated dongle haven't had any issues but using Bluetooth would have all kinds of issues in matches from stuttering during struggle to missed/delayed skill checks. If you're running with a cable it may be the cable that is the issue but if you're running it wireless on Bluetooth that is most likely the issue. Used to play games on PC with a PS4 controller and it was awful trying to get it to stay connected and consistent wirelessly and using it wired just reminded me of playing games back in the day on console being stuck 6-8 ft from the tv because the controller had to be wired in lol.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

It became so much of a problem I had to purchase an xbox controller and regret it to this day.

The right control stick is far too close to the buttons and what the hell is this about having to replace batteries :(

I just wish I never moved from keyboard to controller... keyboards are far more responsive

• MattyEuro

Oh if only I could use keyboard and mouse but it's just so alien to me! If can't evade killers that well bcoz of the controller

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

If you're having issues, consider using an Xbox controller instead. That's what I use and it works great. The only challenge I have with it is when it chooses the wrong priority. For example, when a downed survivor is next to a pallet I have to carefully make sure that I'm pressing the button for heal instead of drop the pallet. This happens with a vault next to a chest or locker as well. The priority is often given to the locker or chest rather than the vault, which can be bad. Hopefully, they'll fix that eventually.

• MattyEuro

Thanks all. I sorted it. I swapped the usb lead and still had an issue. Because I was using skill check button as button B (obvs next to A) I wondered if that was the problem. So I changed the skill check button via in-game contoller settings to L2 (was unused button anyway) and it worked. Smooth uninterrupted skill checks!