If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Emblems: How they should be understood

Options
DocOctober
DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
A big problem with the new Emblem System and its pip conditions is how Players (mis-)understand them.

Players have way too high expectations: expecting Iridescent Emblems and double-pips to be a common occurrence as the old system used to hand out the latter like candy. Under the Emblem System, both are intended to be exclusive to players who have outdone themselves in the trial and performed above expectations.

Since many people know the Harry Potter books, I'll use its grading systems for O.W.L.s as a comparison, mainly because the American one is unfamiliar to Europeans and vice versa.

This is actually how they should be understood and what I'm sure the devs expect:

Iridescent Emblem: awarded for an Outstanding performance in the associated Category.

Gold Emblem: awarded for Exceeding Expectations in the associated Category.

Silver Emblem: awarded for an Acceptable performance in the associated Category.

Bronze Emblem: awarded for a Poor performance in the associated Category: failed to meet expectations

No Emblem: awarded for a Dreadful performance in the associated Category: failed through and through.

The double-pip as well is awarded for outdoing yourself in all Emblems and should be expected to be much rarer than previously.

TL;DR
Lower your expectations or you'll never be happy with Emblems. When doing good in a game, but not exceedingly so, expect a mixture of Silver and Gold Emblems. Only expect Iridescent ones when you know you've outdone yourself in that category.

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

+1 true words spoken right here. Pipping and double pipping are supposed to mean something, especially the double pip. This is why I like the emblem system so far.

Also good to see you Doc.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

There's two simple factor, too :
    Ranking up isn't THAT beneficial. It gets you matched with/against better survivors, which leads to better matches overall (at least in my experience, even tho some survivors may be more cocky at high ranks), but it considerably slows down the matchmaking in the process sadly, for very few rewards (only the achievement for the first time you reach rank 1).

As long as this is the case, I'd suggest everyone not to stress it out, as ranking up isn't quite worth it anyway.

That being said, survivors say the emblems are now easier on the PTB, which is a decent addition if it can fix the high ranks queues. Personally, I prefer to play more consistently and not to have a 30mins queue, rather than to have a long queue for a slightly better match, so it should be better for now.