Upcoming chainsaw changes are GENIUS

TheFireVVolf
TheFireVVolf Member Posts: 57
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

"ThE HeLl YoU TaLkInG AbOuT?!?": https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/167809

The ever-desired Bubba buff is HERE!! I know it is too soon to know if it will be good or not, but to me it looks really interesting. We'll see in the PTB. But to the more important thing...

I, for one, think that the addition of the overheat/cooldown/tantrum mechanic is really good. It touches on several issues that these killers have had for a long time, along with misc. stuff, namely:

-Lack of add-on variety: With overheating becoming an extra gameplay element we are going to see more add-ons devoted to extending the overheat time. Not many add-ons were revealed in the Developer Update, but expect these. Perhaps a red one that removes it altogether? Speaking of red add-ons, they are finally getting them!!! Now we can play with maneuvering (went from yellow to brown), revving time and overheat time.

-Camping: No more infinite revving face-camping Bubbas!! If they are going to camp, they cannot do it mindlessly now. More opportunities for survivors to rescue.

-Skill cap: Billy is mostly untouched. He conserves a good power that grants lethality and map pressure. If anything he will need to cooldown a few seconds between chainsaw sprints. A good Billy should have no problems. Bubba, on the other hand, will be a monster!! If they tune it correctly, Bubba will have more than enough chances of downing two or more survivors in a single sprint with the extra speed. Extra chainsaw time will open the possibility for many more mind-games. I think the change makes Bubba a high-risk, high-reward killer, what do you think?

-Realism: Machines do heat up, guys. A heated machine fails. And no, it is not another gauge you have to pay attention to, you will have sound and visual cues. Check the dev's video.

As a conclusion I would like to say that I am very excited for the upcoming changes. Mostly for Bubba, because he needed some serious love, but the add-on and perk changes are always welcome. Of course, we are weeks away from a PTB and NUMBERS CAN CHANGE!! What do you guys think? Do you like the upcoming changes, yes, no, why?

Post edited by TheFireVVolf on

Comments