What the ######### kind of game design is this?

I just played a game where we did 4 gens and I have not yet died. The killer only hooked 2 people. I was the obsession. He finally me and mori'ed me. What perk was this? Also what kind of horrible game design is this? The more I play this game the more flaws I see in it, but there HAS to be some major drawback to being able to insta-kill one person in a match, right?

Comments

• Голубой
    Голубой Member Posts: 126

We didn't. I justl looked it up and it was T3 myers. But this is still such HORRIBLE design. Always shocked at how bad the design in this game is and devs just leave it. I kept breaking LOS with him and not feeding him. But I had two horrible megs on my team who just let him get there and I have to pay the price (and of course I am the one punished because they both sucked). This game is a mess...seriously thinking of jumping over to Resident Evil after this event,

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    edited July 2020

Probably Rancor, a Spirit perk. Rancor lets your mori the obsession once all of the gens are done, but I believe you can see each other's auras each time a gen is completed -- so that's how you'd know if it was that one. There are some killer add ons that let you mori someone too, and a hex, though the hex requires more than 2 hooks.

Edit: You said Michael so maybe one of his add ons.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

That is genuinely one of the weakest builds in the game, and from what I'm aware, requires all players to be practically fully stalked.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

Seems you just got unlucky. Tombstone Myers is pretty rare to come across. However, I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of that. Your teammates feed him stalk for T3 and then he comes and Mori's you instantly. It isn't fun and I agree it's not good design, but it's so rare to see this in a game that other balance/design issues should be dealt with first.

• Голубой
    edited July 2020

It's just another thing to the list of ######### that makes this game more frustrating than it is worth to continue. There are some things that are out of the devs control or hard to fix (e.g. SWF) but stuff like this just gives the impression that the Devs clearly do not play their own game anymore. And if they don't, why should I?

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

It's just tombstone meyers, c'mon, get over it, we've all been there and it's kinda of a funny build 'cause it can totally backfire if the team don't give him full stacks (it's painfully long to get to tier 3 with that build).

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

and willfully have a staring contest with Myers.

I wouldn't say it's busted just yet though. I think what we have here has more to do with inexperience than game balance.

• Голубой

It's just another thing on a pile of things that take away from the fun factor, with the annoying one being the massive grind just to feel like I can start playing the game without being handicapped due to the perk/bp system. This feature alone would be alright if it wasn't just an accumulating feeling. This game is fun as hell, but it needs so much attention to feedback because there's way too many unfun features.

• VSchmitt
    VSchmitt Member Posts: 571

That I can agree, I got "better" as a killer and survivor at the moment that I've unlocked the right perks, that's sad 'cause you NEED those perks to try to do something in the game...