Another one of those “Yeah, I’m probably done” threads

Options

First: this isn’t a whiny post about the devs/nerfs/changes, at all. This is about the ######### dbd community.

I’m a rank 2 solo survivor main. My friends don’t really play games like this, which is fine. I’ve been playing for only a year so I know that’s got nothing on many of you. But after just one year, I’ve noticed a drastic difference.

Killers tunneling you right out of the game/generally looking for ways to just ruin your game, teammates leaving you to go through all 3 hook stages while standing in corners like bots doing nothing, people of both roles jumping through crazy hoops to find a way to message you even if you have messages blocked.

True, this is par for the course in online gaming, I get it. But the uptick in this happening in DBD specifically has been just unreal. I used to play daily - I’ve recently cut to a few hours a week. But every time I’ve loaded up, the exact same things happen match after match after match.

My point is, I know nobody cares about a single individual leaving a game. But for those of you who purposely engage in toxic behavior, think about the issues you complain about (matchmaking, toxicity from others, etc) and what you’re doing to contribute to this, in a game you supposedly enjoy. The more individuals you push out, the worse off this game will be.

If you read all of that, thanks. I’m just tired and confused why some people are so miserable To others for no reason.

Comments

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Yeah there are a ton of toxic pricks in this game. Im sorry you want to leave this game because of them, but you do you I guess.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

Really, what’s pushed it for me is people actually finding my socials to message me (which I don’t have in my profile) lol. Up until then I could keep a level of patience, but that’s just ridiculous.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

I’ve barely played the game in 2020. They ruined survivor for me and being left with half a game didnt sit right.

The survivors you get put with are either trolls with no intention of playing normally, or just complete rookies. I just got matched with 2 rank 19s and a rank 20 for no reason. One of them failed a skill check on a gen 5 times......they’re more of a hinderance than a help. The matchmaking is so bad and even red ranks arent genuine red rank skill level anymore.

Then of course you switch to killer and discover where all the good players went. Heres all the rank 1s that know how to run every loop with precision.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    edited July 2020
    Options

Personally i Find this game very fun, only when you dont play it a lot.

Every game is the same because there are no other gamemodes. Also it is very hard to farm bp so it takes a while till you have all the perks so you can experiment with Them.

So i play this game maybe 1 or 2 games a day so i wont get burned out of it

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317
    Options

Play some killer. Especially if you're rank 20.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,529
    Options

I must be the luckiest DbD player alive since I almost never get toxic messages, and if I do it’s just something minor like I am a genrusher or potato or something like that. Doesn’t matter which role either..

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

Really wish people would stop with the, "Ruining my game" stuff when a killer goes after them.

Especially at red ranks, gens are going to be flying. Both sides are playing to win. Many killers often end up needing to remove a weak link or otherwise vulnerable survivor just to stay in the match.

And no, don't talk about how the killer shouldn't care about winning or should just "make it fun" for the survivors. They're certainly not thinking about the killers fun or feelings. They'll be out the gates in 30 seconds flat if you let them.

Sometimes you lose, and that's just how it is. Stop thinking about how the killer personally ruined your game and just go to the next one.

• Mooks
    Options

That’s totally fair and all. But then there shouldn’t be complaints about genrushing or using „second chance perks“.

but we are stuck with both. And that will not stop because both sides won’t think about the other.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    Options

I don't complain about "genrush" for the most part because it's their objective, of course they want to do it fast.

About the only time I really get frustrated about players intentionally trying to screw with others is the whole, "SWF with 3 red ranks and 1 rank 16" because they actually are explicitly hunting for newbies to pick on.

• Mooks
    Options

That doesn’t even work like this anymore though. Matchmaking is just totally f*cked and you can get pretty much any constellation you can imagine with ranks.

i also wasn’t saying you were complaining about genrush but you explicitly said complaining about killers should stop, not the other way.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

I wouldn't quit because of how someone plays the game but how the game does not reward skilled players. As a killer, you are punished for playing the game. Killers are always being nerfed, the skilled high performing killers are being nerfed into the ground (ie. Nurse, Billy) with unfun mechanics to discourage pick rate.

Ironically, survivors are also being nerfed so much that it doesn't matter how skilled you are as survivor, if your teammates are not equal against a competent killer you are dead no matter how well you play. Your skill is totally meaningless unless the killer is a noob.

The devs have changed DBD into a SWF party only game. A SWF can relax, party on discord, drink beer and smoke weed, and beat any killer if they really want to because no killer can stop them. The SWF has all the power to control the match because the devs are making the top performing killers too slow and too annoying to use.

Yeah, unless you have friends then I would find a game that rewards skill. This ain't it.

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

"Killers tunneling you right out of the game/generally looking for ways to just ruin your game"

here's your problem - you're convinced that's what they're doing but really they're just playing the game. It's their job to kill you and they're going to do it in any number of ways they can. 3v1 is a lot better than 4v1.

If you're mad at bad teammates - find the good teammates and talk to them after the game, and MAKE FRIENDS. Suddenly you'll have a great team every time

If you're mad at toxic comments - that's harder but just say GG and leave the game after you're done. You can't stop people from being ######### to each other, but you can block the communication by making your profile private on steam. I'm not familiar with the other platforms tbh.

• CyanideBlaze
    CyanideBlaze Member Posts: 143
    Options

Tbh, about the second, "make friends!" bit, I don't recommend it at all.

I've never added a "good" survivor and had them be anything other than a POS with an awful personality. I'ma say it, y'all can be mad but DBD is not the make-friends-ingame kinda game. You either have friends who play it or you don't. If you meet someone down the line who plays it or you bring a friend into the game, that is cool, but meeting friends ingame? Nah, sir.

Literally tried that and I got ######### weirdos. One dude who just snapped if I said anything, another guy who made jokes about me dying IRL so many times I got uncomfortable and worried, another guy who Talked. Like. This. That's. How. He. Talked. Four. Hours. For. One. Line. Or they have just been your run of the mill, toxic survivor main who is gonna try n puppet you, make you run meta perks and not have fun at all.

Idk it's just bad in this game. OP is right, like the social sphere of this game has gone to the ######### dogs.