If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Quickswitching

Options
Master
Master Member Posts: 10,200
Will we ever get rid of it? I'm tired of dodging lobbies at the 15 sec mark just because some survivor is sleeping....
It hurts both sides by increasing queue time and causing DC/toxic behaviour

Is it so damn hard to implement a proper lobby system where the killer has 15 sec longer prep time e. G. 

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Survivors shouldn´t be able to last second switch at all.
    It really only creates toxic moments:

• killer disconnects during the loading screen
    • survivors bully the killer untill he disconnects
    • killer manages to kill them despite the whole flashlight thing (toxic chat afterwards)
    • killer manages to slug them all, all disconnect.
    • killer tries to play normally, everyone escapes (toxic chat afterwards)
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Hello.
    We did talk about it to devs pretty recently, here's the answer I got :
    https://imgur.com/a/5x4jGvI

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    Options

@Master said:
    Is it so damn hard to implement a proper lobby system where the killer has 15 sec longer prep time e. G. 

It isn't, they either don't see it as a problem/priority or are trying to find a complicated fix to a simple problem like for the wraith "cube" where in the end the change didn't affect him that much and made him more addon dependant.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

when a survivor hits 'join lobby', it should no longer be a costume change option. they are in as they are or they can leave. /quickswitch....

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188
    Options

Well, I'm allright with letting the killer adapt to whatever the survivors bring into the match. However, I'm fine with that if there's some kind of time-out/punishment for dodging a lobby (like most lobby-based online games have). This way it can't be abused by being picky for the wrong reasons while wasting everybody's time.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options
    Vancold said:

Well, I'm allright with letting the killer adapt to whatever the survivors bring into the match. However, I'm fine with that if there's some kind of time-out/punishment for dodging a lobby (like most lobby-based online games have). This way it can't be abused by being picky for the wrong reasons while wasting everybody's time.

Can't so that in a game where you have to filter bad pings out by yourself 
  • Tsulan
    Options

@Vancold said:

So i would get punished, when i don´t want to play against that Thai SWF group with a ping of 600+?

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188
    Options

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

So i would get punished, when i don´t want to play against that Thai SWF group with a ping of 600+?

That's why there should be an intelligent system that won't let the game start (or automatically kicks) when there are those pings. Encouraging dodging is not the right step though, because it leads to abuses.

• Tsulan
    Options

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

That's why there should be an intelligent system that won't let the game start (or automatically kicks) when there are those pings. Encouraging dodging is not the right step though, because it leads to abuses.

If i don´t dodge them, i get teleporting survivors which acuse me of being a lag switcher.
    Maybe a 2 step kick system. Killer has to select a survivor to get him kicked, then the system will check the ping of everyone and kick that survivor.
    Auto kick could run rampant, because of false positives.
    Killers ping goes up, when he checks the survivors profiles.