Dead Hard is Decisive Strike on steroids!

killerstar
killerstar Member Posts: 32
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Decisive Strike allowes you to escape the killer IF you have been hooked in the last 60sec and after that the perk is removed for the match. You just need to hit an easy skill check. In the end the killer can still wait the 60sec.

Dead hard allowes you to prevent being downed in the first place! No need for being hooked and the perk goes on a small cooldown. You need to hit win a moderate timing/mindgame OR simply use it for distance anyway.

Those two perks DO THE EXACT SAME THING IN THE END!

SO why is Dead Hard an exhaustion perk if it behaves like DS? Yes dead hard is more difficult and yes you can time other exhaustion perks very well like holding your Sprint Burst but IMHO Dead Hard is still on an other level.

EDIT: BTW if you ask me how to make Dead Hard balanced and unique at the same time:

Make it instead of an exhaustion perk an one use perk WITH the new effect that it can be used also while healthy AND that removes all current debuffs and hexes from you for 20/25/30 seconds. That would be balanced for me.

Comments

• liarcy
    liarcy Member Posts: 160

These perks are very different from each other, dead hard can be used once a match actually and maybe never because there’s this thing called bait the dead hard and to do it just hold W for 2 more seconds.

• killerstar

BTW if you ask me how to make Dead Hard balanced and unique at the same time:

Make it instead of an exhaustion perk an one use perk WITH the new effect that it can be used also while healthy AND that removes all current debuffs and hexes from you for 20/25/30 seconds. That would be balanced for me.

• killerstar

No they are not. Example: you are injured and chaised by the killer. the pallet is before you but you cant get it.

Version A: you are hit and go down. you press a button and escape with DS.

Version B: you use Dead Hard for distance and slam the pallet.

They both did the same. One is gone one is still usable. I dont know what rank you are or how good you think you are but at red ranks people can hold the dead hard very good and the distance aspect is litterly OP.

• killerstar

Me too! I hate the perk as killer and as survivor because my ping is always better but the ping of the killer has more effect. SO I get hit for perfect dodge. But still I made my point. Even though I agree that it has a lot of flawess for survivors too

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

DH is much stronger than DS since it's reusable and achieves essentially the same thing; a free hit.

DH should have tokens up to 5 so you can't just stay injured forever and not worry about it.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

I don't know about this... They are pretty different perks, so the comparisons are not straight forward enough to be able to say which one is better. That's my opinion atleast. 🙂

• coppersly

Like I said above, when they both are working as intended what is stronger? A single escape or multiple escapes throughout a match?

• Pirate
    Pirate Member Posts: 427

THIS! Guys who are against say "uhh Dead Hard is hard to pull off because of the lag/ping..." but speaking about raw numbers and possible uses its more powerfull. And I have to completly agree with coppersly and OP.

• Pirate
    Pirate Member Posts: 427

this! Talking about raw numbers and not the flaws of the current servers or individual ping Dead Hard is way better then DS because Dead Hard can prevent you from going down in the first place. So I have to completly agree with coppersly and original author

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited July 2020

Since we got dedicated servers I don't have a problem with DH. I remember the days when it was practically a free dodge. Since the servers got here it just isn't practical to try to use it like that anymore. Many many times I DH only to get exhausted yet still hit. Once in awhile I'll bait a swing but those are very rare. As killer it's very easy to bait. It's better to use it to get that little bit of distance so you can make it to that next pallet or vault.

• SailedSavage
    SailedSavage Member Posts: 280

DH is strong if you don't know it's coming. Once you know they have it, it's so easy to counter. Maybe practice more? Also not being a jerk just honestly practice more. Same goes for NOED on killers. It's OP as hell but ONLY if you don't cleanse totems or happen to find it. With your logic Spine Chill should also be one time use since silent killers would have been able to sneak up and get me if it wasn't for that unlimited use perk. Or Lithe lets me get away from the killer, iron will prevents a killer from hearing me grunt when he would have found me without it. There's no end to this kind of "nerf" talk. The best solution is learn how to counter it. This one for instance is easy to counter IF you know it's coming.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Exhausted on the ground

Nerf Dead Hard

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

DH is only a problem because of bad map design.

I don't personally have a problem with DH, but for the perk to remain untouched, the devs need to replace some of the safe pallets with unsafe pallets or just remove some of the safe pallets entirely (depending on the map).

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

I understand what you mean. But even before dedicated servers, it was pretty easy to prevent a Dead Hard dodge. Unless you consider everytime you use it (even as a little dash for distance) as an escape, even if it just prolong the chase for 2-3 secs. I just take that extra safe measure to be sure they use it before i hit them. Same as Survivor.

Theoretically speaking I understand what you mean, practically speaking i always see DS as more detrimental compared to a Dead hard, so i can't really see them equally as an "escape" instance.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Learn to play against DH. Its not that complicated. But i think you just want to hold W and use M1 once in a while for a guaranteed hit.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I still think dh is the worst exhaustion perk because of inconsistency. It's a beast against some killers like demo but overall I think the perk is much worse than ds.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Dead Hard is the worst exhaustion perk so your argument is invalid.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Bro you have lost it. DH is easy to bait. It's stupid easy to counter.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Thats not how its supposed to be used. You dont bait a hit like a rank 20, you use it to get to a pallet or window.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I see your point. I just feel it is so ez to bait out and can only be used once per chase because of exhaustion.

• coppersly

And those sound like hefty enough downsides until you realize some people can get it off like 5~6 times in a match. That shouldn't be happening imo. It's a powerful perk already with just a few saves in a chase, when an entire team is running it it basically makes them have 3 hits to be downed, drastically slowing down the killers momentum, and that's even before other 2nd chance perks combined with it.

• bumcheeks1
    bumcheeks1 Member Posts: 8

Dead Hard against a Nurse is just a get out of jail free card for boosted survivors who don’t know how to juke properly.

• that1chick69
    that1chick69 Member Posts: 29

With a good killer you only get use out of dead hard once, twice if you are lucky. Once the killer knows you have it, they bait it. I use DS but I prefer lithe or sprint burst over dead hard. And I only use DS because I don’t like being tunneled. And even DS isn’t that big of a deal... all it does is prolong the chase a bit longer. It’s not a guaranteed get away. 9/10 when I use DS the killer is right back on me after the stun.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

y'know, if it worked half the time.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Pallet rework for perk that barely works...? Okay lmao.