BBQ crutch perk xD

WeslYght
WeslYght Member Posts: 27

Why some people think BBQ is OP or a crutch perk ? Real question btw because BBQ is probably the most fun perk to use/go against. (Anti camping and a bit anti tunnel)

Comments

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited July 2020

yeah anti camp, and also gives more bloodpoints making it a win-win. exception would be object if you suspect a 3 or 4 man premade where you might not get anybody but object and the random bait if it's a 3 man until you tunnel or camp object out of the game

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

I am gonna assume a blendette said this across the map in a corner self caring or waiting for 5 gens or 9 hooks to get hatch?

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Its simple:

They see killers use BBQ when they lose(Even on killers where its useless like trapper or hag) and begin to falsely correlation them losing to the killer to the use of BBQ

• WeslYght
    WeslYght Member Posts: 27

I start thinking this is the logic of online vidéo game. I remember that time when someone Say to me that lightborn is a crutch.

At this point gearhead is a crutch and no mither is the meta

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Well, No Mither makes you NEED a crutch, at least! 😂

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Well it is depends on the killer really. Freddy with BBQ and PGTW does feel pretty strong compared to other killers and it seems unfair.. same goes with Billy with BBQ but you didn’t see many who played Billy well enough..

after using BBQ myself, the aura reading is pretty strong against casual players, there is no denying in that. Not a crutch perk but just pretty strong and way stronger on high mobility killers

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I don't see how it could be a crutch perk since I only like it for the extra bp. If it was just aura reading without the bp I wouldn't use it. The aura can be tricked or completely evaded and is probably one of the perks that can easily be countered. Either hiding in lockers or walk in one direction for 5 seconds then double back, some killers may see through this but others will go to where they predict you will be when they get there.

Since it only reads auras from a certain distance and you would have to leave the hooked survivor to get there, I have no idea what any survivor could complain about bbq.

It's worse if the survivor complaining is running ds and bt though.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,085

While BBQ is not really a problem, it allows Killers to play scummy and still get more BP-Gain than most Survivors.

Something I read on the Forum a lot is that BBQ should gives an incentive to go for other Survivors. Which might be true, but as long as the Killer can get their Stack right at the end or by simply one-hooking everyone, this does not work entirely.

Like, I once had a Wraith, he used the Silent Bell, purple All Seeing and an Ebony. He got 19k BPs, while he spent 20k. He did get 4 Hooks, lost 5 Gens and morid two people off their first Hook. He lost BPs, did not pip (not sure if he even got a Blackpip), but with BBQ, this would be a profit of 18k BPs. For playing that scummy.

Again, I dont see BBQ as a problem and it is great to farm BPs (what I usually do as Killer, if the Queue Times would be better), but it allows Killers to play scummy and still gives them a huge Bonus.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

It's not scummy to use a loadout you don't like. You still managed to finish all the gens.

• Aven_Fallen

I consider it scummy to camp everyone as Wraith on their first hook and mori them (or the first two, in this case, since we pushed out the Gens) off hook. And it is honestly a waste of Add Ons to play like that, you dont need Silent Bell and All Seeing for that, lol.

And thinking that he would have gotten a decent profit by running BBQ just sounds wrong.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Imagine thinking bbq is op and a crutch perk in 2020 tsk tsk tsk.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

If the extra bps were on a different perk, I'd be using that one

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

Using this reasoning you could also say using a BPS allows scummy plays. I think you argument is void. If a killer wants to play scummy, he will do so .. independently from using BBQ for BP or not.

Even if i accept your premise, it still does not add up. The killer has no shop or something to get his addons and mori directly, so he has to grind through bloodwebs. On average he will spent more then this 20k times 2 for just one web. with no guarantee to get the things he wants. So if the killer really wanted to play scummy with the same build game after game, he surely will run out of BP. BBQ won't change this. So by no means BBQ "allows" scummy plays.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Even if the devs nerf BBQ to being useless. The survivor mains will complain about something else. It is strange why people keep complaining about it when it has so many counters. Some don't even require you to bring anything.

• Aven_Fallen

I mean, sure, if you get more BPs, you can get more Bloodwebs. To get to my example, 18k profit is better than 1k loss. I think that is pretty clear.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

BBQ isn't even all that good. You'll get 10x more info from Thrilling. People forget that the only reason people really run BBQ is for double bp every game

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

Sure, that clear. But I'm doubting your premise that scumy plays get enabled by using BBQ.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020

Data:

BBQ only procs when someone is hooked giving killer 4 seconds of auras which can be hidden by lockers. 4 players x 3 hooks each = 12 procs for a total of 48 seconds of auras provided you are further than 40 meters everytime someone is unhooked (not likely) + last hook, game is over so no more auras needed,

Compared to

Alert which gives 5 seconds of aura everytime a killer kicks a gen, or breaks a pallet etc,... that procs no less than 15 times per match when I run it providing minimum of 75 seconds of auras of the killer which cannot counter it, unless maybe "Undetectable status?"

I run Alert and BBQ, but anyone who thinks BBQ is OP, might be Alerted to compare the two. I love both perks, but one procs way more than the other and isn't considered a crutch.