Whats your go to perk build for your main. (Killer)

After 2.5 years i finally got all the killers maxed *celebatory music* but to be honest i dont know good builds that compliment eaches powers. So i thought itd be good for general discussion and i get some cool builds out of it. Ill start enduring spirit fury stbfl corrupt michael Gets em everytime lol.

Comments

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Tinkerer, Ruin, BBQ, and Spies from the Shadows on Nurse.

Tinkerer and Ruin allow me to save gens and guard them without wasting precious time kicking them. BBQ is self explanatory on Nurse. Spies from the Shadows is the best tracking perk I've ever had for her. It has lead me to soooooo many survivors that I would have never found or known were nearby otherwise. It feels like a more direct version of Whispers.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,180
    edited July 2020

Surveillance for everyone! It is easily my favorite perk and I feel downright naked with a killer who doesn't have it on. It is just such a good perk in the information that it gives you (knowing where to go but just as importantly, where NOT to go) that I adore it. My only regret is that you can't kick a gen that hasn't been started so active Surveillance but that might make it a little TOO strong :D

BBQ & Chill is also one that I very commonly have on just for the 100% BP. The Auras is a nice little bonus that comes in handy often but since I already have an information perk in Surveillance, I really don't need it. But 100% BP so I'm on board BBQ.

Blood Warden is one that I have on any "one shot" killers. There is no better feeling in this game than being able to see the Aura of some clown butt dancing and pointing in the end gate while you wander your way up there only for them to turn around and realize "...I ######### up". Downright orgasmic :D

The last one to two perks will usually just depend on the specific killer I'm using

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,513

Cool! I know people were recommending the hell out of shadowborn but ill try this!

• coppersly

That's also another go-to perk for a lot of Nurses. I don't like it myself because it doesn't do anything for me except let me see more. That's cool and all but I want more from my perks. I know it tremendously helps a lot of players use Nurse though.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Ruin, Pop, Discordance and BBQ on Legion. I only run BBQ for the points so you can change that if you want.

Now I know running Pop and ruin don't work together before anyone says that lol I feel like on Legion the combo works really well.

• If ruin lasts the whole game then your pretty happy as Legion
    • If it gets destroyed early then you have a back up

I don't feel like Legion needs any chase perks for 2 reasons.

• Survivors should be injured due to frenzy
    • Your small which helps on certain loops

Discordance is to help find as many survivors close together as possible. As long as you don't miss your attacks then this build is extremely good.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Pig: Sloppy, Corrupt, BBQ, Whispers

Sloppy: slows healing long enough to get a head start on hitting the others

Corrupt: allows me to get close and potentially get a down without losing a gen

BBQ: allows me to decide what I do next (plus BP's)

Whispers: Let's me know someones near by (to bad it still works with a survivor on hook)

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,905

Myers.......bbq, corrupt, pop, and infectious. Sometimes I might swap bbq for brutal or bamboozle.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I have 3 mains. I use pop, monitor, infectious and barbeque on Oni. Pop to slow the game down, infectious to snowball, monitor to let me get the first hit and it also works with infectious, barbeque to find out where to use my power. For hag, I use monitor, corrupt, make your choice and sloppy butcher. Monitor, because hag has a small terror radius. Corrupt to set up my web. Make your choice to teleport back to the hook and hit the unhooker and insta down them. Sloppy, because I hit a lot of people. For wraith, I use corrupt, pop, sloppy and thrilling tremors. Corrupt, to slow the game down, and allow me to find survivors, pop because it synergises well with thrilling, so I know what gen to go to. Sloppy because wraith is a hit and run killer.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Current one I'm enjoying is :

Hag

Make Your Choice

Nurse Calling

Monitor & Abuse

Sloppy/Hex: Haunted grounds

Add-ons are anything to increase trap speed/distance.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Piggu: Sloppy, Nurses, Discordance, & BBQ. Thanataphobia is excellent to swap out for BBQ if you don't care about points. I prefer the add on's that give you an extra reverse bear trap, Jigsaw box, or increase time to search a box. With all of this, you can drag a game out for a good while. It's one of the reasons I like pig so much -- my perks aren't tied up in gen regression. Her base kit with add on's can keep them distracted for a bit. Sloppy/Nurses/Thanata keeps them trying to heal. Discordance lets me know which gens are being rushed and helps with ambush.

• GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206

Legion with otzdarva's build:

Pop, Thrilling tremors, surge and thanatophobia

Sometimes i swap surge and thanato for enduring and spirit fury

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

Bronx's build on Demo has really changed my mind on how good he can be.

BBQ, Infectious Fright, STBFL, and Corrupt

STBFL is probably his best perk as shred can save you stacks and makes Demo so much more intimidating.

Infectious is really nice if you like an aggressive, more slug heavy playstyle. Not to mention the information it gives you.

Corrupt gives you ample time to set up your portals around the map and turn from a basic 115 killer to a map-wide mobility one.

BBQ for the information after hooks, and the sweet double bloodpoints.

• coppersly

I wish Make Your Choice was more consistent on Hag. It feels like if I teleport back to early I've lost it but if I wait the trap might expire or they might already be hiding. If her default range was bigger I'd feel more comfortable being far away but I don't want to be out of range just to trigger the perk itself.

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247

Favorite Pig build:

Spies

BBQ

Surveillance

Nurse’s

Pop a Lery’s or Game offering and use Amanda’s Letter.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Right now, Trail of Torment, Dying Light, PGTW, and Surveillance for my Plague.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
  • wontonsoup04
    wontonsoup04 Member Posts: 12

My default build, as long as the killer has to use M1 to down someone (ie. Nurse, Legion, Myers, etc.), is usually BBQ or Thrilling Tremors, Infectious Fright, Surge, and Pop. Usually works out pretty well. I haven't played too many of the other killers that have a special ability to take down survivors, and I'm trying to find something that works out generally well for them.

• coppersly
    edited July 2020

yes but like with Nurse I wish I didn't have to run them to feel like I actually have breathing room and not having to camp around my nest.

I also like using Shackles + Mint Rag for the silent map wide teleport. Back when I used those addons more often I'd usually run MYC and place a trap behind the hook so they wouldn't trigger it and when I get the unhook sound I could instantly deal with the unhooker.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

I've grown quite fond over the weekend using BBQ, Pop, Surveillance and Thrilling.

• Andevrr
    Andevrr Member Posts: 32

Freddy, discordance, save the best, thrilling, pop.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,771

I got 2 at this point.

The Nightmare

Perks:

Surge: Very useful in terms of regressing multiple gens at once and saving time, it's actually incredibly underrated on Freddy.

Surveillance: The most underrated perk in all of DBD in my opinion, when combined with Surge it's lethal and gives so much information. Furthermore with Freddy's teleport, you can instantly make it to a single gen you need to get to.

Pop Goes The Weasel: The best killer regression perk in the game, do I really need to explain this one? Especially on Freddy?

Save the Best for Last: On Freddy, an M1 killer, this perk is even better. You can recover chases quicker which, combined with snares, is godly.

The executioner

Perks:

Barbeque and Chili: Very good at showing where to go next and for double bloodpoints, even if you don't hook as often as Pyramid Head you can easil get 4 stacks.

Pop Goes The Weasel: Same reasons as with Freddy, best gen slowdown perk in the game. Even if you don't hook too often you still get loads of use from it.

A Nurse's Calling: Wallhacks on Pyramid Head can never be underestimated; unaware survivors will be hit through walls from range. It's really helpful.

I'm All Ears: Another incredibly underrated perk, like Nurse's wallhacks can never be underestimated. This time though it's useful at loops with high walls, and some unaware survivors will die to a Punishment through walls.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Executioner i use;

Infectious fright - I find it helpful if i need to hook or cage and start another chase asap.

Surveillance - I run this on practically all my killer's

Ruin - Very good if in a good spot, especially paired with surveillance

and the 4th i usually toss it up between Tremors / Deathbound.

Clown i use;

Save best till last - I quite like it on him

Pop - standard

Dying light - Only recently started using this and it seems decent.

and surveillance - Gen info.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

for Demo i use STBFL, Corrupt, SF and Enduring

if i see you i will chase you, if you are the obsession and i have time to spare i will flex my shred skills on you, and if you try to throw a pallet on me you will regret that decision immensely

• Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282

Tinkerer and Discordance on Freddy is just stupidly easy. After that run Ruin and whatever you want.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Ghostface is Nurse, Discordance, BBQ or Thrilling, and Corrupt. This build is more for hitting and running, using all the knowledge of where and what survivors are doing for free hits and downs.

Myers is Bamboozle, Corrupt, Infectious, and either Monitor or Pop. Obviously this build is all about trying to snowball. I don’t run rare addons because I’m stingy so it’s more for basic Myers addons.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Ghostface is my main so

PGTW

Surge

STBFL

Nurses Calling/ Infectious Fright (I go between these pretty frequently)

My second main would be Legion

Discordance

PGTW/ Ruin

Thana

Sloppy Butcher

• TheMythicalCat
    TheMythicalCat Member Posts: 175

Thana, Sloppy, M&A, BBQ on Deathslinger

Slow the game without needing to touch a generator, keep everyone injured with Deep Wounds.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

IF, PGTW, STBL, LB

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I'm not very original in this respect: BBQ&C is the one perk I use with perhaps all my killers. It's got detection capabilities and a bloodpoints bonus. Very handy.

• caz_
    caz_ Member Posts: 218

Corrupt, Pop, BBQ, STBFL for Trapper

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

My go-to for Wraith is B&C, MYC, PGTW 7 Enduring.

B&C for BP, but mainly for Auras & to synergise with PGTW.

MYC to get a bonus for not camping.

PGTW to get a bonus for not camping. (I like both so that i get to choose what bonus i want more: Do i go back for a potential immediate down, or do i go forward for a regression in their objective?

Also it's not uncommon to get both bonuses, and both bonuses, to me, are very very good.)

Enduring cause i despise being stunned, but i also like to not care about Pallets, while also sometimes pretending to care so that i can still do some mindgames.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

Trapper: BBQ, Corrupt, surge, pop

Wraith: BBQ, nurses, pop, sloppy

Billy: BBQ, Infectious, pop, whispers

Hag: corrupt, sloppy, nurses, monitor

Doctor: whispers, infectious, pop, BBQ

Myers: Corrupt, BBQ, pop, surge

Huntress: Corrupt, pop, BBQ, nurses

Bubba: ruin, surv, nemesis, pwyf

freddy: BBQ, pop, discordance, sloppy

Pig: corrupt, BBQ, pop, nurses