Taking a break

ThisGuuy83
ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

Sad it's come to this, but I can't keep up anymore. swf's is dominating ps4, and they suck any bit of fun outta the game for the killer. It'd be one thing if they were actually good, but all they do is exploit bugs(360 bug, dark spot bugs, auto aim bug) run the same Meta perks, and all on coms. I'm not otz, I'm not tru3. I don't get paid to stream games. I have a regular job, and a life. Hell, I don't even think they'd be as good as they are on ps4. Something seriously needs to be done. I'm not the first, and I damn sure won't be the last either. More and more killers are taking breaks, or flat out quitting the game because of how overpowering swf's has become. When is enough actually enough behavior? Why is this still tolerated? And allll you swf's can get mad, yell at the screen, and pound your fingers on your keyboard telling me how fair it is, how most just wanna play with there friends and ain't toxic, blah, blah, blah. You know as well as I do, it's nothing but BS.

Comments

• Grossman
    Grossman Member Posts: 49

I hope you come back soon. Maybe you should try PC version of DbD. I don't have any PS4 experience but PC is probably better than console. I play both survivor and killer and I don't have a bad experience with swf that would force me to quit DbD or take a break.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

Console to pc is going to be a ######### mess at the beginning, prepare for endless whining(I can see why unless they magically optimize console)

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,331

Taking a break when a game is becoming too much isnt a bad thing. I tend to be one that reads alot of the complaints on this forum and just eye roll ALOT of them, but even I took a break from the game for afew months earlier this year. I played some Overwatch and Warframe (which I might go ahead and boot up for abit tonight...) and after 3 months...came back into the game and had a good time. While alot of people will roast the devs for the infamous "play civ" comment...they were right. As with ANY game, if its not fun for you anymore (as what will happen with ANY game after you play it for long enough) take a break for abit.

• ThisGuuy83

I've played PC. My buddy has it. Killer is much, much easier there compared to ps4. Everything's brighter, smoother, 360s don't work like DH, I could actually see blood trails, landed 90% of my hits, and it seemed less toxic. I'm just not a pc Gamer though. I'm a console guy. Always have been. I took his level 15 Freddy and had him 50 within 2 hrs. Went from rank 12 to rank 8 also. Can't seem to get past rank 9 though on ps4, and I've been playing that since release. Got up to 6 a couple times, but then MM went to #########.

• LordGlint

Kinda looking forward to the wakeup call as PS4 survivors face off against PC killers who have better control over their own characters... but honestly, with the matchmaking change, they probably wont notice a huge change between 1 round to the next. If visual ranks get removed and your just placed against killers along the same ELO, there might not be a huge difference when you face off against a "rank 8" Xbox killer one match, then a "rank 10" PC killer the next.

• Kemosabe69
    Kemosabe69 Member Posts: 23

It's a non competitive game. If you aren't having fun then don't play lol.

• ThisGuuy83

Dude there gonna get annihilated! They don't realize there bs tricks they pull on console wont work on people on pc... Lmao

• LordGlint

I dont think it'll be as drastic as you think, especially once the new MMR system is implimented. IDEALLY if everything works ok, you shouldnt be facing opponents who just completely annihilate you. Those players would be outside the range of opponents you face. It might become the case though that alot of players would find themselves with invisible ranks that are much worse after the change than what they're currently seeing now. These players though would be none the wiser to it if the game manages to pair them with players of the same play lvl as them.

• ThisGuuy83
  • BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Maybe.

But that's assume BHVR can get their Matchmaking System literally perfected by the time Cross Platform goes Live.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

There's no harm in taking breaks. Its healthy. I take a few months off here and there because DbD is a very frustrating game sometimes.

While I am excited for the Cross-Play, I have no doubts in my mind that it'll be a utterly broken experience to begin with.

• LordGlint

I have a habit of playing 1 game at a time kinda exclusively, but... I went ahead and booted up Warframe for abit to snag the latest character and play with it and I JUST updated Overwatch. I also still have an entire DLC of the Witcher 3 in my backlog to play through. Theres still alot I wanna do with DBD so its not like I'm tossing it out or anything, but I know how burnout feels. Fortunately I'm a killer main and I always have the option of swapping killers (and with them playstyles) to keep things fresh. Last week I was playing Nurse for abit which is a character I NEVER really played before, so while I DID get my ass handed to me abit...it was a fun change for the night. Managed to go ahead and unlock every perk for her which is an eventual goal of mine for EVERY killer.

I know theres still plenty of killers I can pickup and practice with that would give me similar experiences. Hag's gameplay for example is drastically unique, so I could devote some time to getting use to THAT. This is one reason why games like Overwatch and ESPECIALLY warframe got me hooked for so much...they have many characters with drastically different playstyles to keep things fresh. In the case of Warframe this is extended upon even further by being able to customize your loadout to offer VERY different playstyles between 2 players, even if using the same character.

• LordGlint

We'll just have to wait and see once it comes out. I would rather give them the benefit of the doubt and see when it launches rather than jump straight into assuming they'll fail. Overall my thoughts are that you will be placed with people of your own skill lvl once crossplay is released. If that means abunch of console players end up getting deranked abunch til they get partnered with some rank 10 PC players or something...so be it.

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145

Breaks are healthy and I did the same a while ago. Playing as killer, I got tired of the gen rushing & how matches seem to be a race against time. As survivor, I got tired of constant tunnelling and camping.

• BigBoB24
    BigBoB24 Member Posts: 12

Thank you!!!! I can't tell you how unfun it is to play killer right now finally someone gets its it

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'd say if you didn't focus as much attention on one side you'd feel a bit better. If you get a swf game that was tough then just give killer a break for the rest of the day and play some survivor. Go back tomorrow when your refreshed and beat the 9/10 lobbies that aren't a sweaty swf.

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486

it is natural to get burned out of a game that innovated nothing in 4 years; no new game modes, no new items, no new objectives...

• YehBoiGoku
    YehBoiGoku Member Posts: 248

Although I'm not a killer main on ps4 (I play on ps4) I am a Survivor main. Many people think that just because someone chooses a side in this game that one should be shunned. Which is either people who are brain dead or people who lack sympathy. I fully understand this and honestly I agree with your choice of taking a break. All the times I solo que and either get called a toxic swf because of my crappy teammates who are unfortunately a swf or I just dc because a 3 man swf that sucked ass and farmed each other after every hook; makes me just want to delete the data and start over,make an alt and just give the killers the kill, or just stop. You all can say i'm just butthurt or it's not often this happens just makes me hope that when cross plat beta comes out that I only get pc killers

• Veen
    Veen Member Posts: 706

See ya in a week.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

I don't blame you. swf+comms ruin the game.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    1. There is no 360 bug.
    2. There is no dark spot bug.
    3. There is no auto aim bug.

And stop blaiming SWF for your lack of skill.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649

Of course you’re defending swf. Your username is lets play together. Lol.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So is this the new trend to imagine bugs? Its getting really ridiculous.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i play both ps4 and pc and killer and survivor thing is with ps4 they can make swf group in lobby as people coming in with that party chat thing.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Taking a break, either side is good.

I just returned from a 10 month, 3 DLC break.

• darklinger
    darklinger Member Posts: 128

In weekend I played almost all game Freddy on ps4 have rank 1 and keep it. Now I use every game different killer and about rank 9. Really hard on console keep 1 rank if you not Freddy or Spirit. Gen time ridiculous

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I play on PS4 and I don’t really have any issues when playing as killer. Do I get a lot of cocky teams? Hell yeah. I had a flashlight clicking OoO user the other day who was playing with friends and it was honestly a funny match for me, as they got destroyed. I just let them follow me around with their flashlight as it’s just one less person doing gens. I understand that you sometimes need a break from games but I don’t think the survivors are as bad as people make out. I actually find solo lobbies harder to beat as most of them just hide and leave their teammates to die on a hook. Whereas SWF are so altruistic that it works against them.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

Always. I am just looking back at their track record and making expectations from there. Better to have a low expectations and be pleasantly surprised if stuff works well.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Until next time my dude.... it's better to have other games to play then to force yourself to play a game you can't enjoy

I actually stopped playing Overwatch for the past couple months... and I might not play it much anymore. It just got to be too much

I do need to find another game to play other then DBD and Overwatch, so all the power to you...

I wish you luck

• TheShocktor
    TheShocktor Member Posts: 134

I feel you. I play on ps4. I'm a rank 1 killer main and it's become a sweat fest. I've been taking somewhat of a break myself. Still a game or two here and there but quickly get tired of the bs. For a long time dbd was the only game I played. Recently I bought the quantic dream bundle of Detroit become human, heavy rain, and beyond two souls. Had a blast with Detroit playing my first playthrough in one sitting lol Just purchased and started Ghost of Tsushima too so DBD will continue to be placed on the backburner for awhile. Try playing other games for a bit. I'm actually really enjoying the my time with other titles. If more people actually stopped playing killer and stuck to it, they'd have to do something. I love dbd, but with the way things are currently, I don't have the same passion I used to for it. Sad thing is, idk if I ever will. Not to sound overly dramatic but it does suck things have gotten this bad.

• LordGlint

I just try not to jump to conclusions about anything until I can get my hands on it myself anymore. If the profile pic wasnt a dead giveaway, I've got a soft spot for Freddy although I dont play him much now days. I like to think I mastered his old version QUITE well and when they announced the changes to him... I immediately thought of it as a nerf. I was pleasently surprised after I had time to get use to the new playstyle which was very unlike my hit and run tactics as old Freddy. I've of course also had instances where I thought HIGHLY of something upon announcement, only to be disappointed when I got to use it.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

It baffles me how many people are looking forward to PC killers wrecking console survivors.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I'm on PS4 as well and I can sympathize with what you're going through. I just recently became a rank 12 killer, and ever since that happened every group that I've been matched with against have all been red and purple rank survivors. It's not fun. Supposedly there's a new MMR coming, but I'll believe it when I see it.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

you and me both, the Meta SWF slaves will feel the fury of Demo, Deathslinger and PH

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804
    1. Stop using Comms
    2. Stop using the META
    3. Start playing Killer instead of only survivor

and stop pretending SWF with comms isn't disgustingly overpowered

• Throwaway123
    Throwaway123 Member Posts: 183

People need to stop saying this. It's a pure pvp game, it is competitive by nature. Just because you don't see esports teams playing at Dreamhack doesn't mean it's not competitive.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

Along with the other responses to your comment. You think that the OP is not allowed to take a break?