If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Would you like the devs to fix the balance? Or keep making cosmetics?

Options

Have the devs focus on cosmetics? Or focus on the balance?
https://strawpoll.com/4fdrrdh2

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

I don't get this question.
    It's not like a artist/designer will work on scripts on its extra time.
    Artists work on the animations/concept, and at the same time, the dev team is working on scripts and balancing.
    Even if they have to communicate to adjust the animation times and such, they can work at the same time.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2018
    Options

Can't I pick both? That's an option the devs can do you know.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

I'm asking what yall would rather have the devs do. I'm asking for you to make a choice. So which of the 2 would you pick over the other? Balance fixes? Or more cosmetics?

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

both k thx.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    Well since the devs do game balance and artists do cosmetics I’d personally would rather have the devs do game balance
  • CallMeRusty420
    Options

@Jesya said:
    both k thx.

Why are you even typing a reply? I asked for you to make a choice and you just reply with that? Your response is just as much as a waste of time as your opinion.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Jesya said:
    both k thx.

Why are you even typing a reply? I asked for you to make a choice and you just reply with that? Your response is just as much as a waste of time as your opinion.

because your poll is flawed and dumb as others have already pointed out-- and the obligatory I CAN reply in any manner I decide to.
    As with any business there are multiple teams who do different things. The "Devs" can work on both simultaneously so there is no need to chose 1 over another. Don't like my answer? tough.

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188
    Options

I think he's "trolling". How FUNNEH. Doesn't this belong to Off-topic?

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

Seems like a loaded question, to me.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

Lol

Game designer =/= Concept Artist =/= Animator

• CallMeRusty420
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Jesya said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Jesya said:
    both k thx.

because your poll is flawed and dumb as others have already pointed out-- and the obligatory I CAN reply in any manner I decide to.
    As with any business there are multiple teams who do different things. The "Devs" can work on both simultaneously so there is no need to chose 1 over another. Don't like my answer? tough.

It's not that I don't like your answer, the thing I wish you wouldn't be such an a$$hole about it. But I guess you are whatcha eat huh? Just cast your vote and move on.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

I want the devs to do what they do, work on game balance.
    I want the art/visual design guys to do what they do, animations and cosmetics.
    If they devs start working on cosmetics, we have no idea what ungodly ugly cosmetic we could get.

On a side note, can we get a Huntress skin that looks like Nea?

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@lasombra1979 said:
    If they devs start working on cosmetics, we have no idea what ungodly ugly cosmetic we could get.

Or maybe some actual awesome masks instead of reskins of a clunky welder's mask. And when I sad devs in this, I meant the people behind DbD in general.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@lasombra1979 said:

Or maybe some actual awesome masks instead of reskins of a clunky welder's mask. And when I sad devs in this, I meant the people behind DbD in general.

I figured that is what you meant. That said, the people behind the game all perform specific tasks for their talents and skills. Your post forgets that multiple people doing several separate tasks build and keep this game running. So there is no need to want them to concentrate on one or the other as they have people tasked for both needs, game balance and cosmetics.

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@lasombra1979 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@lasombra1979 said:

I figured that is what you meant. That said, the people behind the game all perform specific tasks for their talents and skills. Your post forgets that multiple people doing several separate tasks build and keep this game running. So there is no need to want them to concentrate on one or the other as they have people tasked for both needs, game balance and cosmetics.

I didn't forget anything about that. I just didn't think I'd be bombarded by the Captain Obvious swarm.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535
    Options

Artists usually do not code, so there is plenty of staff to work on cosmetics, without taking any manpower away from the coders. I say we can have both.