Oni on PS4

SMitchell8
SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Played twice, bullied twice. Such a cool concept yet dreadful to execute on console. Demon dash is handy to cover the map quickly, but turning him is like turning a tank with the tracks clogged in mud. The attack is confusing, couldn't land a blow for sheet. Perhaps the basic attack with the Demon dash would be more viable. I got that sick of him in my second match, that I didn't want to enter blood fury and I was forced to camp a serial juker.

Imo, the game needs a mode in which players can practice with killers, not against other players or bots, but just a mide to allow players to get the feel of a killer before spending money on auric cells and spending 600,000 blood points on the blood web. Nurse, Billy and Spirit are other examples in which players should be able to practice without having to be bullied by blockblocking, flashing lighting t baggers.

Thoughts

Comments

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I also wish we had some sort of way to practise killers without playing against real people. I want to try Oni out but I just feel like he’s going to be really sluggish and frustrating to play on console.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Welp u aren't gonna get any better If u face an AI who was a predetermined pattern unlike a person

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174

I agree

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

Same here, I would like a practise option. I want to try to learn nurse as I am beyond hopeless with her atm. It is impossible to learn her against red rank survivors, kinda like learning to swim and you get told 'forget the shallow part, let's jump into the deep end... without swimming aids'

• grassdirtsky
    grassdirtsky Member Posts: 174

Oh and Oni isn’t that bad on console, you just need to practice a bit

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

But with some killers you just want a feel of how they play. Instead of going into an actual game where you don’t have time to waste. I know it wouldn’t be the same as facing real people. I never claimed that it would be...

• Switcheroo
    Switcheroo Member Posts: 48

Ps4 player here,

Oni was impossible in my first few games. I was so excited to play him but it was infuriating to miss every demon mode attack. I preferred to just be an M1 killer at that point.

After some practice, I'm pretty confident in my Oni. He took some time but it was rewarding. I imagine I'd have the same frustrations and need to practice if I was on PC.

But yeah, a practice mode would be great. Especially for killers you don't own.

• SMitchell8

I ll give him another try later. Its just the attack that i can't master. I'm also missing more with his sword, than I do with trapper and GF.

What's that smell? Oh its NOED ;)

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

If you only played twice dont expect to be automatically good with him. Oni is not one of those killers you just pick and become masters with.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Never was a problem to play Oni in PS4. Only ranged attacks and Nurses swing after blink may be a problem for console.

• SMitchell8

I'm absolutely fine with deathslinger and Huntress. Oni is easily the hardest killer ive played. I'm not stupid enough to try nurse on ps4, played plenty of low slilled nurses as a survivor.

Need friends to practice with or a training lobby

• Sinister0208
    Sinister0208 Member Posts: 253

Bam Bam has a slightly steep learning curve initially. Once you get down how to use the demon dash correctly then he is so much fun to play (PS4 player too).

Scott Jund is a good Oni main to watch.

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

He takes practice. He's not a killer you just pick up and play. You can also smack people without running when there close if you just hold m1 while BF is active. BBQ and Infectious are 2 great perks to run on him for tracking.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

As someone who got the chance to switch from ps4 to PC, I can tell you we are almost playing a different game. The contrast is SOooooo ######### on ps4, and I didn’t realize until I came back to this version. Survivors disappear in front of your face because the resolution is so poor, you can barely differentiate any pixels from more than 4 meters, and on top of that you pretty much have to predict way more because scratch marks always show up way late (it at all) and have a greater tendency to blend in with the environment.

I can barely play on console now, which sucks because I just repaired it and now I lack so much visual information compared to what I had with pc, he’ll I barely needed sound on my laptop. Now I need a perk and good headphones if I want to properly track survivors at any distance other than f inch’s away