Please repair object of obsesion

When the killer is on invisibility mode or non terror radio , turn off the object of obsesion ... It has not sense the killer can see me but I cant see the killer ... If not change the perk , I will not have more remedy than star to genrush all generators ... But I like the perk cause killer star to follow me as soon as possible , in my opinion , the essence of the game is on the estructures , jukes etc... Repair is boring ,and rushing gens is not fair for the killer , but I can play against a killer with wallhack , when I don't have the same power ... Please repair the perk

Comments

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

You are asking to buff the most toxic perk of the whole game. Personally i hate playing with teammates like you who don't repair generators and just looking for chases. This means that remaining survivors have to carry your slack and hold m1 entire round if they want to have any chance of winning

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    edited July 2020

Precisely. Its a perk that basically only used for toxic interaction with the killer at this point.

• MalEducado
    MalEducado Member Posts: 139

I'm not a toxic player , I want to know if the killer camp or where my partners drop palets , yo be ready to juke the killer ,or try to juke, the most toxic in the game is genrush , or repair gens with es strike in cooldown ... That's is toxic, or doing click click with the light , blind the killer while camping palets ... Nobody play with object of obsesion ... We are a reduce group or survivors that playing with object of obsesion ... Most of survivor don't have skill , waste a lot of palets , only genrush , I don't repair gens, only like to be follow by the killer , and I like to know the things what happen during the game, cause im soloq , tell me why Im toxic ?

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Object is the only survivor perk remaining that absolutely... absolutely needs to be changed. Give it an overheat mechanic or something where the killer still sees the survivor but the survivor’s eyes need a cooldown.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Someone asking for a buff of OoO? Holy #########.

Just ######### stealth killers, right?

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

The problem with OoO is it allows people on comms constant updates of information about killer location. We have a system that already breaks the game aided by a perk the breaks it even further.

There is no way of knowing whether you are in this scenario or not as telegraphing SWF to killers pre-game is its own bag of problems and shouldn't be done. So your options are tunnel the hell outa the OoO user or suffer a heavily biased game where you never seem to find anyone.

Something that can be that abused needs to be looked at. As its generally balanced for solo player but easily abuse-able by groups.

• MalEducado
    MalEducado Member Posts: 139

Ok, if I'm using OoO, the killer will tunel me, no problem with that, that's fair and it's normal, when I'm using OoO, I know that the killer can tunel me...it's normal

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

I will tunnel you and everyone else who brings OoO in to my match. It is too busted perk to not tunnel people using it.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I think most object users understand this. I don't run object because I find doing generators exhilarating.

• NuKeD
    NuKeD Member Posts: 227

why should it be buffed? if you decide to bring "object of obsession" you gotta take responsibility about the fact the killer can see you, it's a perk that cuts both way. is he a stealth killer? good, shame on you for using such a toxic perk, now you accept your responsibility.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953

Most of them do, some don't. I like them who rage at post-game chat for me staring at their soul for the whole game.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Its great you understand that and can accept a tunnel (there will be much salt from those who can't). But this perk has the potential to dictate game state, making it a lil bit unbalanced.

Perhaps give it a cooldown, you and the killer spot each other and 60 sec cooldown. If you sneak a peak and don't get spotted why you are doing it then you don't get hit by the cooldown. It makes the perk more risky/strategic to use and lessens potential for abuse. Just thinking out loud.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

From killer perspective, most OoO users are not solo players. They are in groups on comms. So killer has 2 options, tunnel down OoO and risk losing because of it. Or ignore OoO user and lose because of it. I try to play both sides equally and this is the only perk i refuse to unlock in the entire game. It's that broken and unfair for killer.

Personally i think it should function more like a killer instinct notification. Every so many seconds both killer and survivor get the killer instinct notification. It gives you map wide knowledge of where the killer is but not the over powered aura reading. That keeps it useful for solo and not broken for swf.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

Object of Obsession is working as intended. You risk using it when a killer is in the undetectectable stage. There is no other perk like it, no counter perk for the killer to do the same. Use at your own risk, if you get placed against a scratched mirror Myers you end up with a perk that only lets the killer know where you are. If you want to know where the killer is you have other ways.... oh yea in the undetectable state they don't work either. so are you begging for the change that put things back into line with how it was supposed to be to be reverted? fine kindred must be reverted, alert must be reverted, dark sense must be reverted.

Get over yourself that Object of Obsession is broken when against a t1 mikie, crouched pig, stealthed ghost face, cloaked wraith. oh also lets also make another change to object of obsession, if you are in the oblivious state you do not see the killer. (I think you still can even while oblivious).

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

Knowing what happens in the game while sitting on a gen is exactly why SWFs are strong.