What are you expecting/hoping for with the early game mechanics coming soon?

The devs announced that they would be introducing an early game mechanic to dead by daylight similar to the end game collapse in how it makes a stage of the game more interesting and engaging.

I personally have no idea what this mechanic could be but I am looking forward to it. Does anyone have any ideas or guesses as to what we'll see?

Comments

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I'm guessing it will end as soon as you engage with a survivor, not when you hit them, otherwise you could exploit it to break a bunch of pallets before the match kicks off.

I really hope that totems don't ignite until the early game ends, otherwise hexes will be even worse than they are already, with a period dedicated to finding and destroying them before they even have an effect.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Maybe something that must be done by survivors in order to do gens, and by the killer in order to use memento mori?

I think instead of just changing some resources cause of universal complaints, the new mechanic will restrict some conditions and make the resources work better.

I myself am thinking about leaving DBD cause no matter if its a full sweaty SWF voice-comm or a full solo expert survivors team, the result is the same: no chance for killer, 2 or 3 chases and gates are powered, no exception.

There is a point playing killer where everydoby play very very very well and you dont get any weak link.

I mean, 4 pros (even solo) will stomp a pro killer more easily than the reverse. The survivors have the huge advantage.