Im allready sick of rage/dc´ing cowards. Bring finally the DC penalty system back

PNgamer
PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

Don´t get me wrong, i know the devs had some problems.

But for the love of god, fix it finally and bring the Penaltysystem back.

Mainreason: player´s can´t take their loss.... Point

Comments

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Dude, it's a video game. If you take it that seriously, the problem is you.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642

IF the player d/c take it as a win and move on. =) No need to get mad. The only person the loses out really is the person that d/c's and gain no points and wasted their own time.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

Missing a Flashlight save, i would've DC myself. i would be to ashamed to look at my teammates that depended on me on there death hook "F"

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486
    edited July 2020

Ragequit DC is a 100% victory and fun, let them DC

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886

Why do you get to make a match incredibly painful and boring ? Then force them to stay

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited July 2020

this is true, but its unfun to play vs 1 or 2 survivors

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020

I missed all the old 3 v 1 days, feels fun again when one gives up like that instead of dying on hook.

Go ahead Claudette, DC, you know you want to.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

It is not a victory. if I am trying to kill all 4 survivors (for challenge) a DC DOES NOT COUNT I have to play again. If I'm to unhook the person that unhooked me before and they dc then I can't do that.

don't like it? then don't worry about staying in game. either afk, or attempt escape on hook. if you don't like either of those tough. it is against TOS to dc/rage quit. stop playing the game if you see it that often.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020

I played way more than 10 matches yesterday and didnt see that many DC, let me guess Iri Huntress? lol

• RedditUser69
    RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193

Yeah, definitely. I ran iri head and was surprised when people dc'd on me.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

That is exactly why the DC penalty was put in place! You would rather DC..,

Never mind it doesn't even matter what I say since I'm probablt 1/10000 player that would rather play against something OP so I can get better

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

Yeah sorry ######### that.. If I see a Killer one hook mori or bring an iri head huntress you can guarantee i'm DC'ing

• Wylesong
    edited July 2020

Just checking for that challenge? I cannot find the one were you have to kill all 4 survivors. I am not being rude but just asking or are you made and just saying IF there was a challenge it would be impossible with people D/Cing? I mean it it is the later question then I could say I hate when a killer hooks me IF I am trying to do a challenge that I have to play without getting hooked, which there has been one, or if I am doing a challenge where I must escape using Dwight.

I have had a killer D/C because they did not hook one person and because I did not escape out the gate I could not complete the challenge. I did not get mad and laughed and moved on. I say you do you and if people get punished then you may lose players all together who hate that because their internet crashed, and that has happened to me, get in the banned que time for something out of their control. I had one match I was dead and in the loading screen for the end results so me turning my game off should not have mattered, but I got a drink and went to play again and had a 10 minute que time. I decided to take a long break from the game and play other stuff.

Also like one person mentioned above there is a good list of reasons to D/C and it is everyone rights to D/C even yours.

• Freki

4th level of the third tome, it's the one right be the epilogue in the center if you go from the top killer start point. says kill the players by any means possible and do it in one match. there has been one of these in each tome. I was saying that a dc does things, robs others of points, challenges, and many other things. in your case I would hope that the killer has a disconnect penalty that they have to bear. the only REASON to use out of match capabilities to leave the match is if you are stuck in the geometry or bugged where the game will not come to an end. Those two are the only reasons you should every disconnect from the game INTENTIONALLY.

It is not your RIGHT to disconnect. not when that disconnect affects others. The First Amendment in the united states only applies to the government, not businesses or the people. and you don't know where I am from either, you are assuming that I am in the united states and that in and of itself is bad. Because the first amendment has no functionality or existance here on this forum, Behavior can decide to lock anyone's account for any reason. doesn't matter what that reason is, if it's a crappy one, then they risk others finding out and deciding to not purchase things from them anymore or play their game.

• Wylesong

It is THEIR RIGHT because they paid for the game. I do not care about what the Constitution or whatever says. It is funny you assumed I am from there. Once again like others you assumed that I assumed or cared where you are from and I didn't and don't, but plain and simple you cannot tell someone who used THEIR OWN MONEY what they can and cannot do in THEIR copy of the game.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    edited July 2020

I've had no one disconnect my matches because I play fairly.

That means no tunneling, no face camping, no toxic behaviour, giving everyone a fair chance. You know just general good sportsmanship and being a good muthafuka. Something that neurologically defective psychopaths fail to grasp.

The end result is everyone has a good time and post match chat is almost exclusively a feel good experience.

• Schinsly
    Schinsly Member Posts: 176

I'm not going to act like ive read TOS, but i HIGHLY doubt that leaving mid game is against tos and you can get banned for it once lmao. Especially since the option is literally there. Feel free to tell me where it says that in tos and i will believe you.

• Schinsly

Or youre probably a 100 hour player that thinks you can "play better" against an iri head huntress with a mori lol. The same type of killer that thinks you could have just played better if youre pig on rancid abbatoir against a 4 man swf.

• Freki
    edited July 2020

Actually it is against TOS to disconnect from the game without leaving the game naturally. this is why there is an option to REPORT people who ragequit/intentionally D/C. (the far right on the scoreboard it says it right there). The rules are set forth and most don't read them, but ignorance of a law is not a defense. and the TOS is the law of the game as set down by Behavior.

EDIT: and though the option is there, it is supposed to be used in extreme distress where there is no other way to naturally conclude the game. Ask any dev, ask any forum community manager or anyone at behavior and they will say it is not something to be used lightly.

• Freki

actually Yes Behavior can dictate how their software is used. since this was purchased through STEAM, you do not own it but purchase the RIGHTS to use the software as set forth in their TOS and RULES of the game. they can at any time revoke your usage of their game acording to the TOS. here is the TOS: https://store.steampowered.com/eula/381210_eula_0 (also this is for microsoft store, Xbox and Playstaion.) This is the same reasoning that Steam can ban you for cheating in a game even if you never did so, but someone used your computer, and blamo because they did it steam gave you a vac ban.

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

I sometimes do that too, but if it happens so many times it gets really boring. I hate farming games but its also unfair for the others.

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

They bring back d/c penalties, people will just suicide on hook. Same scenario, diff setup, no punishment. Either way if people don't want to play they're not gonna play.

• Schinsly

you actually made me read through tos and i couldnt find anything, again feel free to show me where it says dcing is bannable.

the closest thing i found is this.> "Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing a BHVR Service or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide a BHVR Service for the enjoyment of all its users."

which is really vague and probably just refers body blocking griefing etc.

• Freki

fine i will do your research for you: googling "dbd reportable offenses" you see this: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system

Guess what it is in there.. (this has the penalty system for disconnects in it so it says do not report but currently it is not in there) but now that you've read the TOS you know they can remove your access for any reason what so ever, and this includes abuses of the game itself including "disconnecting" you do not have an action in the match that lets you "disconnect/leave the match" you have to open the match menu and use the functionality in that. this is abusing the system as that functionality is there to stop a game from going for hours. the fact you think that disconnecting for just any reason, or even a few reasons shows how much respect you hold others to and that is very little. as I stated before the functionality to disconnect is to prevent the matches from not finishing, survivor/killer stuck in the geometry or bug that prevents the game from completing.

NOW the reason there is a penalty now is becuase people will disconnect because they don't like how the killer nodded at them (yes i've heard and seen this), they didn't like that the killer tunneled them, or camped them. other reasons I've heard and seen "I was found right away." or "I don't like killer X" (only one of those i'd EVER agree on grudgingly, is in the case of a sever phobia for example of clowns as this is potentially a mental break or worse). all of those reasons are actual reasons i've been a witness to and it is not even fair for the killer or the survivors you play with.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

2k actually! I prefer playing killer's that are OP simply because it feels rewarding when I escape. That's the difference between me and most survivor's! I like the pressure, I like the challenge, other survivor's just wanna mindlessly loop the killer with no challenge being presented

• Freki

it makes you a Game Rules Violator, and I enjoy seeing those time outs when people dc because of your actions.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I honestly don't care about the DC issue.

I get more points if people DC and 3 DC's is an automatic pip, 3DC's late in game is a guaranteed double pip.

A suicide on hook doesn't offer that. So I don't mind.

• Schinsly

well TECHNICALLY they can ban you for no reason, its their game. but realistically, you can't get banned for dcing by reports. Im pretty sure if you dc too much you get auto banned even without the time penalty.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 954

To be fair. There IS a Quiter Bonus. You get a decent amount of BP for them quiting. As for a teammate survivor. If one quits you should get the quiters take on BP. That's the only side of it they should have.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650

I have not had any problem with people DCing, it has happened and has not been a problem. I am so glad the ridiculous DC penalty system is gone, at least for now. Not only was I sick of being trapped in games with killers who were entitled to camp/tunnel every match because they knew if you left you would be punished not them. I was also tired of every other post in the forum being from people who just want to play but got kicked off server, ending their play for the night. It was a terrible setup all the way around. Maybe an future implementation will be better executed and more fair.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i do it too i like to farm anyway sometimes.

d/c penalties only punishes killers because they can't hook them selfs

• Freki

if they were currently functioning. they have been disabled to prevent the hacking. and YES you can, and if you do it enough they can review your account and decide what to do about it beyond just the automated penalties.

• Freki

if you are so fed up with this, then take a break or quit playing all together. if you feel you have to expect to dc because a killer doesn't play YOUR way then find a different game. I am glad the penalty existed, and when it was gone suddenly I see 50% more dc's at minimum and it stops me from getting points, challenges and even escaping thanks to the selfishness of people like you. Personally I think the penalties were way too soft.

• Kshelby1236
    Kshelby1236 Member Posts: 3

For the love or god bring back a DC penalty. Half of my games are unplayable. If you DC just because of a Mori or pink add on get better. Literally anyone who DC because of either of those is a big baby. People DC because they got hooked too early or missed a stun or their friend died and it’s total bull.

• Wylesong
    edited July 2020

Take your own advice maybe. If YOU do not like the way the survivor plays either D/Cing or dieing on one hook then take a break. Your argument it is very one sided. You tell him to get over it and accept the way a killer plays well let the survivor do the same. Also if people are D/Cing that much with you as killer then maybe ask yourself why they are D/Cing because I cannot imagine people just do it for fun. I would only D/C if the killer is being a complete toxic player because the que time and load time can be long sometimes and then to D/C after all that, you must have bothered me enough I would guess.

I also can honestly say I do not see many D/C's so for it to be a problem with you it could be for a list of reasons. You could be playing toxic and camping and tunneling and then in that case good for them for D/Cing or, you could do what other killers do and farm the survivors by dropping and picking back up so they force you to escape only to smack you back down. I am not saying that is what YOU are doing but just saying these would drive anyone to D/C. There is a bunch of legit reason to D/C and even sometimes it is by accident.

Post edited by Wylesong on
  • Wylesong

Also two things, you are right they can perma ban and stop people from playing on steam, but once again you assume I bought it on steam. I own the cartridge and the game on switch so yes at best they could somehow stop me from playing online but I could still play local games with friends right here in my living room so point me. =)

Then number two about the TOS you are right by saying D/C is a bannable offense but no where in there does it directly list D/C and instead says this very vague and umbrella term:

"While participating in the Game, you also agree to comply with certain rules of conduct that govern your use of the game ("Rules of Conduct"), for example you may not:

"eHarass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another user that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion".....and the list goes on but not one thing about D/C. Overall yes they could ban you for anything. I mean it says right there you may not do anything else to another use that is unwanted....well I do not want you to hook me or camp or tunnel me so report that. I do not want you to throw me on the ground and watch me bleed out so report that I guess. I mean it is like grasping at straws trying to make a point but just do what the rest of us do and go into a new game with a fresh smile and pep in your step or take a break. Good day mate and hope your problem get's fixed because deep down I do not think it is the D/Cing that is the issue but the root cause of why you are having so many people D/Cing when you play. Pip pip and cheerio! =)

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994

It's not. That's the reason, cheater get permabanned and leaver get a punishment in many competetive games like dota, lol, overwatch etc.