ResidentDoctorMain Member Posts: 51

Just imagine you can only use one.

Deja Vu or Kindred 53 votes

Deja Vu
5%
AncheriTheRockstarKnightnotstarboard 3 votes
Kindred
94%
MandyInjiIhatelifeDaDevilsSkirtDimekanarchy753BabyCameron10SkeletalEliteDeadeyeHertsuFINBoosted_DwightTaigaUistreelseirWTBaconDetailedDetrimentjonahol2000AGMEnderloganYTSebaOutbreak 50 votes

Comments

• brubli
    brubli Member Posts: 214
    Options
    Kindred

Not even in the same league

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Kindred

Deja Vu was great for me when I first started playing the game because I wasn't used to gen spawns (or playing the game in general). Now it's p much useless for me.

Kindred on the other hand is an amazing perk that really helps while solo queueing. Even for players brand new to the game, Kindred is the better option.

• RIPLegion
    RIPLegion Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Kindred

Defo kindred. It’s so much better because it’s a great way to work better as a team with the people you can’t actually talk to.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options
    Kindred

for starters: Deja vu

For literally anyone above rank 17: kindred

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options
    Kindred

Pointless poll since it's very obvious. One of the best perks vs the weakest, yeah what are people going to vote on..

• GeordieKiller
    GeordieKiller Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Kindred

i tend to go on hook alot (noob survivor lol) so kindred is more useful for me and team then deja vu

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    Options
    Kindred

Why is this even a question?

• Ancheri
    Ancheri Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Deja Vu

21-1

It was about time someone stands in for Deja Vu.

But in all honesty: Kindred.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Deja Vu

Kindred is like a warm blanket in solo queue, but Deja Vu is extremely underrated and is useful in both solo queue and SWF. Avoiding a three-gen is way more important than knowing exactly when to go for a save imo, especially given how strong and ubiquitous PGTW is.

The only knock on Deja Vu is that you can still make an effort to avoid a three gen without Deja Vu, but even in an SWF it's easy to put yourself in a bad spot right from the first few gens before you really get a chance to see what the gen spawn is. Deja Vu lets you get to work on breaking the nastiest three-gen on the map right from the get go, which is huge.

To everyone who hasn't given it a chance yet, I recommend giving it a shot just to see how you do. I find it does help my team do better.

Edit: Kindred is also widely used and goes both ways, so you really just need one teammate with Kindred and no one should get left on the hook. That's pretty common. Meanwhile, no one else will be running Deja Vu.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Deja Vu

I'm curious why you feel Deja Vu is more beginner oriented. Gen spawns are random to the point where the best early game decision you can usually make to avoid a brutal endgame is to do gens in the middle of the map or gens in dead zones first. Especially on indoor maps, but on many outdoor maps as well, you're usually not going to know where all of the gens are until the mid to late game. I'm an experienced player that pays attention to avoiding three gens, and we still often have to deal with that obnoxious PGTW snowball at the ends of games because we miscalculated which gens to do. It's even more of an issue in solo queue. You just usually don't get a chance to explore the whole map until a few gens are already done and you have much less of an opportunity to make sure the remaining gens are well-spaced.

I feel like Kindred is actually less necessary at high rank. It's a great perk, of course, but there are other things you can focus on to get information about when to save. For example, let's say you have no other aura-reading perks. If you're on a gen very far away from the hook, an experienced player will know that a teammate is almost certainly either already going for the save or is working on a gen closer to the hook than you and should ultimately go for the save. If you're close, you don't need Kindred to know when to go for the save. If you're the obsession and you get into a chase, you should be able to count on your teammates to save, since they know the killer is occupied. If not and you see the obsession get into a chase, or a teammate take a hit, you'll know you may want to save. Every once in a while you'll end up with two people going for the hook and wasting a bit of time, but that happens every once in a while if you have Kindred too. In order to avoid this entirely you really need everyone to either be on the hook, using Kindred, or on comms with someone on the hook or using Kindred. Another thing is to just pay attention to your team's hook states. You should be quicker to stop gen jockeying if you have hook states to spare and your teammates don't, and vice versa.

I think that both perks are good at all ranks, but I personally think it's easier to work around no Kindred as an experienced player than no Deja Vu. WIthout Deja Vu you could still end up avoiding a three gen, especially in SWF when you can communicate which gens to do, but even with good intentions and good game sense that's not always the case. Sometimes you'll just get down to 3 gens left before your team realizes how screwed they are, maybe because they all spawned in a tiny corner of the map where usually only one or two gens spawn, or because they're on two floors of a map like Midwich or The Game and it's harder to figure out exactly where they are and the pathing between them, or because your teammates are bad and just doing whatever gens they come across, or because you're playing a Hag and her traps effectively forced you out of that area, etc... Deja Vu gets rid of all that. You pretty much always have the power to avoid a rough end game. The only way you don't is if you're playing solo and you get tunnelled, but at that point you're not sticking around for the end game regardless XD

I usually don't run either perk tbh, but I do prefer Deja Vu to Kindred, especially when at least one other teammate has Kindred (which happens often).

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options
    Kindred

Kindred for the win.

HOWEVER, if I'm at Hawkins, then I'd prefer Deja Vu. I always get lost in that damn map, and sometimes finding the last gens is a royal pain.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Options
    Kindred

Deja Vu isn't as useless as people make it out to be, it allows me to break up the strongest 3 gens before they even get used. However this effect isn't strong enough for a perk slot once you learn the gen spawns.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options
    Kindred

Deja Vu definitely for newer players. As to learn about gen placement and you don't have to float around the map without a clue, and the info about the closest ones is improtant too (as long as the new survivor knows what 3 gen means).

But I go for Kindred as you learn gen placement over time and which gens are critical. The info you get and give your team is just way more than you could get from Deja Vu. Once you got across the map, you should know which gens are to be done.