We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Survivor differences?

I was wondering if there are any numerical differences between any of the survivors’ attributes at all? 

I find playing as certain characters just somehow seems a lot easier. Playing as Claudette for example during a chase it feels like I am faster & have all the time in the world.

Probably psychological I know but it would be interesting to know if there are any differences at all?

cheers!

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,798
    Nope. Female character models are smaller but the hit boxes are the same. Some characters are quieter because the voice actor was. And some characters have stealthier skins.

Nobody is faster or tougher or anything, though.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,546

Nope, all cosmetic. Though some are bigger or smaller looking, and some like to wear their finest neon clothes while others have more dull clothes that blend in better (Claudette blends in more than David King or Laurie Strode, basically). But as far as stats go, they are all identical.

The male survivors mess with my head so badly though. They've got a different running animation and it feels different, but it's actually the same. I just feel so slow when I play as them.

• JustJess
    JustJess Member Posts: 154

I hate how Kate's hair tend to glitch as so many killers caught me hiding in circle behind a tree. Going to buy her ponytail very soon.

Also she is really tall comparing the other female survivors (Claudette, Feng...) so I feel like I can't hide really well as her.

• Action_Jaxon
    Action_Jaxon Member Posts: 73

@JustJess said:
    I hate how Kate's hair tend to glitch as so many killers caught me hiding in circle behind a tree. Going to buy her ponytail very soon.

Also she is really tall comparing the other female survivors (Claudette, Feng...) so I feel like I can't hide really well as her.

Still happens with the ponytail same with the new one for Feng.

• BigFudge
    BigFudge Member Posts: 240
    Peanits said:

Nope, all cosmetic. Though some are bigger or smaller looking, and some like to wear their finest neon clothes while others have more dull clothes that blend in better (Claudette blends in more than David King or Laurie Strode, basically). But as far as stats go, they are all identical.

The male survivors mess with my head so badly though. They've got a different running animation and it feels different, but it's actually the same. I just feel so slow when I play as them.

It’s good to know that others feel like there is a difference too, I thought it was just me!! I mainly play as Dwight and Ace and they feel so slow compared to others.

Thanks for the reply 👍🏻
  • BigFudge
    BigFudge Member Posts: 240
    Thanks for the answers guys!
  • xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    edited September 2018
    Thought of this a while ago that would be a big project but what if all the survivors had slight bonuses the them that are relative to their lore or perks

dwight:co op actions are 2%faster for all people involved 
    meg: recovers from exhaustion 10%quicker and or runs 2%faster than everyone else 
    claudette: heals others and herself10% faster
    jake: sabotage speed is increased by 5%
    bill: unhooking people is 20% faster 
    david: I have no ideas maybe he bleeds less frequently???
    feng: vaults windows and pallets 5% quicker 
    nea: the stagger from falling is 10% less
    ace: 2%increased luck for yourself only
    tapp: crawls 10%faster in dying state(can't recover and move without tenacity)
    kate: built in level 1 lightweight? I have no idea
    quenton: takes longer to fall asleep?? No idea
    laurie: wiggles out of the killers grasp 5%faster
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a variety of people to play other than just re-skins. It would bring more strategy and complexity to the game. Yeah sure this is all buffs to survivors but If you see someone playing a character you could predict how they are gonna play 

probably could have made a separate post about this lol but might as well leave this here 
  • JustJess

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    Thought of this a while ago that would be a big project but what if all the survivors had slight bonuses the them that are relative to their lore or perks

meg: recovers from exhaustion 10%quicker and or runs 2%faster than everyone else 
    Wouldn't it be nice to have a variety of people to play other than just re-skins. It would bring more strategy and complexity to the game. Yeah sure this is all buffs to survivors but If you see someone playing a character you could predict how they are gonna play 

probably could have made a separate post about this lol but might as well leave this here 

I like this idea, basically unique perks already in the survivors. About Kate I'd say since she's described as a "free bird" to have additional 4% chance of escaping by the hook!

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Peanits said:

Hey you have all the profile pictures. How come we don't?

We want justice and equality.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    JustJess said:

She just feels tall. All the female survivors are the same height.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

2% MS is absurdly massive
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437

Jake could have a buff to self healing as well since hes a loner he must have learnt a few things to heal himself
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Smaller characters will always make you feel you run faster. Happens every time in MMOs which let you create your own characters.
  • JustJess
    edited September 2018

@ProfoundEnding said:
    JustJess said:

She just feels tall. All the female survivors are the same height.

Yeah, I meant that she feels tall compared to others, I didn't explain well.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,923
    Clearly the biggest difference is Dwight is sexier than everyone else.