Fun builds for killers (Specifically Oni and Deathslinger)

Options

I played this game for quite a lot and I am really trying to look for fun builds for certain killers. Most likely Oni and deathslinger cause they are fun (in my opinion). I have tried several meme builds which I will not go into detail so I want to know if anyone has any suggestions please give me your ideas.

Comments

• slim0b
    slim0b Member Posts: 551
    Options

Oni:

Never use your power

Bring a small map offering, The game or preferrably hawkins.

Build : Distressing, Sloppy Butcher, Caularophobia, Thanatophobia

Addons: Renjiro's Bloody glove, any blood orb increase addon (Splintered Hull)

Basically this is the godlike anti-heal + built-in tracking oni. You'll love it.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

For Deathslinger, you could stack the Terror Radius reduction add-ons with Monitor & Abuse and sneak up on people. It's not very good but it's fun.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

Recently started running Jumpscare Slinger the other day to great effect.

M&A, Deathbound, Tinkerer, and Dark Devotion.

Had quite a few Survivors telling me it was the first time in a while they've legit screamed and had a good time in the game.

• Psychobeastz
    Psychobeastz Member Posts: 164
    Options

Thanks for that build suggestion. I don't have all the perks on him yet, but I will definitely try this I appreciate it sir.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

I have seen a few streams of it, me personally I want to use his power but I will definitely do this for sure. Thanks for the suggestion good sir.

• Psychobeastz
    edited July 2020
    Options

I am not trying to win games, just looking for fun and I appreciate you stopping by and giving me some suggestions. I have tried monitor on him and it worked really well. I might do a whole oblivious or centered around his add ons that reduces it. Thanks for the suggestion and take care sir.

Post edited by Psychobeastz on
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

Well, I kinda don’t mind what people say about this build but man is it hilarious

On DeathSlinger, use Devour hope, Haunted Grounds, Retribution, and NoEd

I know how people are with NoeD but this build is so damn fun to use

• Psychobeastz
    edited July 2020
    Options

I myself do not run noed on any killers whatsoever but for a fun build I might give it a go. Otherwise I think switching noed for make your choice or iron maiden for those locker nerds would be hilarious. Thanks for the suggestion sir and may you have a great day.

Post edited by Psychobeastz on
  • Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

Monto's No Power Oni build. It is pretty effective. Several streamers picked it up and it worked for all of them. Strong build.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

Been memeing on the saloon as the oni. I usually use brutal strength,monitor,fire up and dark devotion to scare people. His wall animation is my favorite which is the reason why i pick the saloon.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Hmm that sounds quite fun. I always run enduring and spirit fury on oni but never brutal so I might give that a go. In saloon I would say it may actually be good, and sneaking up on players with an oni is a helluva scare so I am with you on that. Thanks for the suggestion good sir and have a great day.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

You might not kills but it still pretty fun especially demon dash with 0 terror radius.

• Psychobeastz
    Options
  • Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

(you kind of need rotten fields for this to work, but any map that isn't too open can work)

Deathslinger: Barbecue & Chili, A Nurse's Calling, Monitor & Abuse, Save The Best For Last.

Find someone, hook them, look for people on generators with barbecue, remember where they are, and snipe them in the corn before they see or hear you. It's great and unexpected when it works out,

His terror radius is naturally smaller and quieter, and monitor & abuse will allow you to shoot people through the corn at the edge of his terror radius.

Iridescent Coin is good with this but if you do use it, I'd suggest also bringing in the grisly chain add-on.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Hmm this seems very challenging since I am going for very far shots. I like how you think sir thanks for the suggestion.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

I's not as hard as it seems. As long as you can keep the survivor's auras in the center od your screen, and you aren't too far away, you'll get them.

100% of the time it works 75% of the time.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

On Deathslinger i highly recommens double reload addons with STBFL. It's like huntress...yeah that's it lol.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Good pointer and thanks for replying. Sorry for the late reply myself I am not used to sticking around threads too often.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Yeah I tried those add ons and for the perks I believe I was running stbfl, monitor and abuse, dark devotion(if I hit the obsession), and bitter murmur so I can see auras after gens. Works very well against certain groups and pretty entertaining to play.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Wow that I never thought of I rarely ever use small maps unless I get it by chance but it maybe fun to try to use oni for thag build. Thanks sir and may you have a great day.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
    edited August 2020
    Options

On mainly M1 killers, Deathslinger included, I like running what I call the “Bounty Hunter” build- Furtive Chase/Nemesis/Make Your Choice/Monitor&Abuse

Let the first person you find stun you turn them into the obsession (if they aren’t already) and hook them like normal, then the game begins.

Whoever unhooks the survivor will be Oblivious from Nemesis/Furtive Chase combo and also Exposed from Make Your Choice. You’ll see their aura for a short amount of time... It’s now your job to find and hook that specific survivor.

It’s a fun build unless you’re up against 4 of the same character but maybe that makes it more of a challenge?

It gives a good Jumpscare, puts the survivor on edge and really gives the feeling of a “Bounty Hunter”.

Edit: Thanks to @Deadeye for reminding me that the first person needs to be the obsession!

Post edited by Kai6864 on
  • Psychobeastz
    Options

Great idea, I have tried something similiar but not make your choice it was play with your food. I am definitely trying this out, thanks for the suggestion sir.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

If you run this build, I would only use the better TR reduction addon and stack it with higher movement speed while aiming or, better, with the exposed addon at 15m+ :P When you crouch around like a Blendette, you at least need insta downs. It can also scare the crap out of survivors when they get shot and get the exposed FX out of nowhere

You forgot to add that the first guy needs to become the obsession with Nemesis (unless the first one isn't already the obsession), or the snowball does not start. Btw 4 of the same characters is not too bad as the obsession gives you an audio cue when you start chasing her.

@Psychobeastz you didn't ask for it, but on Wraith, the Bounty Hunter build works perfectly with the purple aura reading addon, especially because cloaked he is pretty fast. Also if you just want fun, bring double "Shadow Dance" addons and a Saloon offering. Don't chase people, just break walls XD to make it more effective, replace the green Shadow Dance with "The Serpent" to ultra speed kick pallets and be in chase instantly

Besides that, I would recommend the following after each harpoon down: don't reload, don't pickup, just slowly nod your head in the rhythm of his laughing after a successful hit. Looks pretty dope from survivor side XD

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195
    Options

I highly recommend running infectious fright on Oni to supplement his downing power. Since you seem to want to use the power to this fullest, this will help detect if there are easier one shot downs near your location and where they are coming from. I also recommend Nurse's Calling to detect people that are healing close to you. To fully use his power you need to make sure that people are still injured and leaving you blood. I would also throw on Blood Echo and Forced Penance to inflict broken on survivors. This will continue to have people blooding and not heal for a while. Downside of this build is that there is no slow down. Some perks to consider shuffling in and out are sloppy butcher and Thantaphobia. All of these perks play into the power Oni has and further augments his strength.

When it comes to Death Slinger, I would recommend a basic tracking perk on him such as whispers or BBQ and Chili. Pair this with monitor and abuse to cut down his terror radius and be able to surprise survivors when you shoot at them. I would throw in Save the Best for Last so you can get quick hits. The last one is up to you, but I would recommend a slow down perk if you are starting off. It takes a while to learn how to hit the shots. When you pick up the shots I would put on either Make Your Choice or Devour Hope. Death Slinger has the advantage to pull people into his hits giving you easy downs.

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Seems like this is quite common no offense. I run this build almost every now and then and I have quite a blast doing it. I was just thinking of some meme build like slingers basement or oni status effects.

• Psychobeastz
    Options
  • Samwise444
    Options

None Taken. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck!

• Psychobeastz
    Options

Nah your good, but if you like you can give me some good tips on demogorgon since ima try him out soon.

• Samwise444
    Options

Sure. A very effective build for Demogorgon is the following Perks.

1. Make Your Choice - Demogorgon's travel time in the upside down makes this perk extremely usable. Hook someone, set a portal to get away, once the unhook happens travel back and down the person that saves.
    2. Pop Goes the Weasel - When hooking you can use the portals to travel back to a Gen close to finishing to hit and regress it.
    3. Surveillance - Lets you know which areas of the map you need to go to at the time and has great synergy with pop. It also allows you the time to do an extra chase when people are looking to unhook.
    4. Spirit Fury/Save the Best for Last/BBQ and Chili - Last one is your choice and what you think you need the most. Spirit Fury is a go to for me since people throw pallets early to nullify shred. Once you get the required amount you just go straight in. Save the best for last can be good for quick hits. BBQ and Chili is useful if you are trying to see if their is people in the area close for the unhook. Gives you the option of either staying or going.

For Add-ons I would use the following to boost his of the Abyss power.

1. Deer Lung - A must for this build as it shortens travel time between portals. Will help you better use your perks above as they are time sensitive.
    2. Unknown Egg or Mew's Guts - Mew's guts is good for an extra portal and unknown egg decreases cool down for travel time.

Demogorgon is a highly mobile killer so you will need to take some time for set up and try to hide portals around corners. I would never recommend putting them up right against your target. While of the Abyss can be used for detection, I would mostly just use it in chase as you will have plenty of detection perks you can utilize.

I recommend also keeping an eye on your portals and utilizing them effectively. Also, while tempting, don't use shred to try and close distance in my opinion. It takes 2.25 seconds for the cool down and goes to a maximum of 11 meters. Survivors run 4.0 m/s which means they will have run 9 meters before you can start moving again. While it seems like you have caught up 2 meters, if you shred into certain areas of maps, you will have to go around those barriers and the survivor will have made up time. Also be careful using your shred on elevated areas. Survivors like to bait demogorgon into shreding off the elevated platform and them staying on it. I recommend using your basic melee attack when you are on second floors or hills.