what if the next killer/survivor combo is from a book horror?

Dsalter
Dsalter Member Posts: 239

any ideas of any book related horrors that could hint at the next ones?

Comments

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434

There is a French horror folktale I had to do a paper on wayy back when I was in school called "Bluebeard", written by Charles Perrault and published way back in 1697. Bluebeard was a wealthy serial killer who tested his wives' temptations and patience. And if they failed, they would join the hundreds of other murdered wives in his chambers, another murdered body into the pile.

It's a very old timey piece of a horror folktale novel. I'd recommend a read when bored, or maybe watch some movie adaptions. But yeah, Bluebeard as a killer with some kind of locking down gens ability and you as survivors must find and "steal" his keys in order to progress would bring back old school into the game. Just my thoughts

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I actually don’t see it happen.. most of the time there is a (more popular) movie adaption of fitting horror books that are just easier translated to DbD and more recognizable. And if there is a movie adaption but they are basing their designs only on book descriptions people that only know the movie wouldn’t like it as much, so best way would be either movie license or book license that doesn’t have any visual adaptation..

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

A.... book? Like what, Harry Potter?

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

It would be hard to do if there's no movie (or drawing, I guess) adaptation to go with it.

The closest I want to go to that is Jack and Wendy Torrence from The Shining.