Can we add counterplay to PH?

derppug
derppug Member Posts: 239

I feel like we don't talk about this enough, but he has almost no counterplay.

Comments

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    edited July 2020

He has countergames, you just don't have to trust too much with the windows and the pallets. You can also avoid their traces of the ground by passing crouched, so as not to be taken to the cage.

• derppug
    edited July 2020

Only bad PH do that. Good ones wait until youre animation locked and then throw it. Otherwise, they just walk up to your with their higher Movement speed and m1 you. Literally 0 counterplay and "looking backwards" is not counterplay.

• derppug

Only bad PH do stuff like this. Good ones just wait until youre in animation and then throw it. Otherwise, they just walk up to you and m1. No counerplay involved.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649

The killer should be in power of the chase, otherwise the gentimes don't even add up to a 2k unless ofc you're camping with NOED. Not every killer needs counterplay. Where's my counterplay to DS, busted maps and BT bodyblocking?

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

Ehm if he gets a hit when he uses his power in the animation of the window jump then the survivor is bad.

The shockwave has a delay. If the surv fast jump he has enough time to Dodge it.

No PH can wait when you are in the animation because of this delay of the shockwave.

• derppug
    edited July 2020

Edit: I just delete this because clearly this person does all the WHAT IFS LOLLL HAS COUNTERPLAY GET GOOD talk. And wanted to stomp out convo with him but dont know how to delete post lol

(also Ph flair btw so bias)

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    edited July 2020

He is MUCH faster than a huntress. Thus allowing him to very easily catch up. Also if i run to a pallet, ill hear him put his sword into the ground, so i dont drop the pallet. But guess what. he just lifts his sword up, and i still get downed. No distance is made.

Huntress: 3.02m/s for a minimum of 1.25s to throw a hatchet

Pyramid Head: 3.68m/s for a minimum of 1s to shoot the ranged attack. Then 110% MS i think if he continues to walk. Lifting up the sword has a 0.5s attack CD.

These numbers can be found on the wiki.

Honestly, i would just have him have a longer attack CD after lifting up his sword, but then maybe make the attack slightly easier to land to compensate.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Im pretty sure this isnt possible. I was doing this when I first started playing him and missed. You need to have that sword in the ground already to get the hit if a survivor vaults otherwise due to the delay the attack will miss unless they run forwards.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

So can demo, So can Huntress, so can deathslinger, so can literally any killer with a ranged attack. He isn’t any different from them, a demo can have his shred ready to stop you from going for a window and then he fakes it and M1s you i see no problem with that mindgame

• Valor188917

Again, pyramidhead is a 32m terror radius killer with no map pressuring abilities like chainsaw or teleport, he's supposed to down you quickly.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

He's a tough killer with a lot of devastating tools to hand, but not without counterplay.

It is possible to deal with his ranged attack by just listening to him slamming the Great Knife into the ground. If you do not see or hear that, treat as a normal killer.

Bluffing vaults works with nearly all killers, but moreso with him. He has a high-reward for catching vaulters, but the cool down is high-risk.

Crouching over Rites of Judgement avoids that. Yes, if he's near it's better to take the rite, but remember if he puts you in the cage, you're miles away from him, and if survivors are there, it's a quick unhook with no risk.

Ultimately, he's meant to be difficult, and the recent slew of killers are becoming more adept at punishing survivors more. However, it's to add different types of play and counter-play to make the game less dull. And each killer has weaknesses. Spend time learning them, and you'll find the counterplay.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Pyramid has strong chase potential but no map pressure. Maybe add a small slowdown after he cancels his attack or something like old clown.

• Valor188917

He is weaker than the other top killers so there' no need to do anything to him unless you gave him something in return.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

The ideology is the same with each killer, doesn’t matter that they slow down it may help with catching up to m1 after faking but they all can get a hit in this scenario. You just turned the corner into shack with your ability prepped you see survivor running to window, you wait to see if they fake it. If they do you get the m1 if they dont you use your Hatchet/shred/harpoon/POTD you can also really bait PH by trying to fake it run at the window and press yourself against it but dont vault, then move, not guaranteed to work but its a mindgame to counter a mindgame. If he misses it is very punishing and you can get to another loop easy. PH is fine people just need to stop complaining

not responding anymore to this thread

• LqF
    LqF Member Posts: 56

Not much problem with him other than his ranged attack. For some reason on youtubers videos the mark that reveals the attack area appears clearly and for a while, but it appears sooo briefly to me. it´s like it shows the area for 1 image, and then already deals damage. It´s pretty weird.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Another?

Pyramid Head has alot of counterplay, his ranged attack only works if you let it, force him to use his ranged attack and you got some distance. Along with this, being greedy results in you going down so don’t try and stun him

• GoodJobGuys92
    GoodJobGuys92 Member Posts: 102

Can we stop complaining about every killer? You want some more nerfs on a mid tier killer.