You can't change killers in lobbies anymore

Erk
Erk Member Posts: 230

Why ?

Comments

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

Each killer has their own skill when searching for a match. It’s so Killers can practice with new killers. You can change your load out during the lobby stage

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

With each killer having his own skill rating, they wont to prevent abuse by searching with a low skill killer, then changing to your main.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I don't think they've implemented MMR yet.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

In an upcoming update, there will be a matchmaking system for each individual killers. So its implemented so that you cannot fish for newbies with killer X and then switch to killer Y.

Now, I am extremely disappointed in BHVR for not locking survivors into their role as well. Maybe not right away, but at the 30-20 seconds left mark.. so that they cannot do last-second switches anymore.

• Stuballs89
    Stuballs89 Member Posts: 89

The only problem with this is that survivors check log files to find out which killer they are against and I used to switch killers last minute to try and negate that unfair advantage.

BHVR really need to think about these sorts of things when making their decisions. This is another in a long line of updates which have been nerfing killer abilities whilst ignoring the basic abuses of the game by survivors.

I see they are trying to make cannibal stronger but tbh he was already strong enough. If you came across a semi-decent cannibal he would just one hit everyone and slug them then win the game. I dont know ######### they are discussing over at the BHVR meetings but it obviously is out of touch with the community.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279
  • Stuballs89

I was playing with someone the other day who said he was using a program to read the log files. I am aware this is cheating but he was accurate with his predictions so I have to believe he had a working program. It sucks but people out there are still doing this.

• Fitzerino
    Fitzerino Member Posts: 16

it got encrypted today's patch...

so the other day, sure. Not supposed to be doable anymore

• Stuballs89

YEah someone mentioned that. I thought the encryption was with the last patch, totally my bad.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

I still don't know how the MMR works on the survivor side because IF it is similar it will allow said bait switches.

But locking 30 seconds before start would only lead to switches at this point and not prevent them. I don't know how much you can compensate then with certain killer load outs.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

All of the survivors will be treated the same, unlike Killers.

Oh, I am pretty sure it'd prevent the last-second switches by loads since it'd give a killer ample time to prepare for the change or dodge the lobby outright.

• Donzie87
    Donzie87 Member Posts: 7

well anyone caught using 3rd party programs to see killer should be automatically banned as this is majorly cheating now!