What about making Aftercare activate on protection hits?

Options

Would this be too strong a change or would it be alright, can't tell but I like the idea.

Comments

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

Is it a buff? The only thing that comes to my mind when someone says protection hit is mettle of man and how top tier that perk is.

• Emelyne
    Emelyne Member Posts: 15
    Options

Lol im so not used to the DBD language, could you please elaborate or give an example. Ty

• Danky_Bong
    Danky_Bong Member Posts: 16
    Options

Yeah, I'd want to see aftercare buffed so that you see the aura of someone you take a protection hit for and vice versa. I like running Aftercare with Mettle of Man to try and get more protection hits from seeing where someone is being chased, getting both to proc just by protection hits would be sick.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

I think it could be good but knowing Behavior they would make that an entirely different perk and probably add some additional criteria to trigger it. AC is pretty interesting, I used it on a random some friends and I teamed up with that we all suspected was being a useless potato and AC confirmed it lol Hiding, crouching, opening chests and escaping with 8k points. Very useful perk!

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

No, as it would change the playstyle Aftercare requires. Aftercare requires you to be cautious, as you lose your aura when hooked. So it places your own safety above others to give your team an advantage. It is a very underrated perk atm, it just demands a lot.

• Danky_Bong
    Danky_Bong Member Posts: 16
    Options

I think being forced to be immersed and stealth when you could instead try to interfere with another survivor being chased with the info given from Aftercare is a waste. I want to use aftercare as a means of putting other people's safetey above my own, I agree It is a decently good perk already, but is decently good enough to stop people from running small pp build and the general meta? I want more perk synergies that encourage different play styles and builds. Everytime I play survivor I run builds based around taking protection hits or making a build around No Mither (I've actually been able to get all 3 stacks of Mettle using No Mither and Tenacity to get hit by the killer while they are carrying someone and crawl away to recover). running builds like Arenaline, Unbreakable, DS, and Dead Hard are just sooooo boring. I maybe incorporate one of them into a build and then ignore the rest because whats the point in playing the game if it's based less on skill and more on, "haha 1 minute invincibility and I can revive myself so I can't be slugged either, killer = teddy bear". Things like using Dead Hard for distance to get a free loop or making it to another loop is boring and no test of skill what so ever (on the other hand, I think well timed Dead Hard's to avoid hits are worthy of praise) Or at least thats how I look at it. I want it to be more accessible to make builds themed around a purpose without severely crippling yourself compared to running meta perks.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Not really. Would you want Mettle of Man to gain tokens by waiting outside the killers TR? Or prime Repressed Alliance by time in a chase? They are niche perks, but give a powerful reward when used well. The same with Aftercare, although Aftercare requires you to not get hooked for a long period of time to get the most out of it. So adding protection hits would go against the whole playstyle of the perk. It asks you to help teammates or for them to help you already.

I get what you are trying to do, I just think that protection hits go against the point of the perk in the first place. If you want to be altruistic, run Empathy. Not Aftercare.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I see no harm in it.