Killer Idea: A Projection/Camera based Killer

There are plenty of camera based horror stories to use but I'm going to use "Projectionist" as a name to make it simple.

I feel like it would be really interesting to have a killer that can sort of project themselves around you as they chase you. That way, as the survivor, you aren't sure which one is the real one coming at you or a fake "projection".

I'd think the projection could go through walls and things which would make it a dead give away for the most part so it's not too broken.

The biggest thing though would be the killer being able to swap places with the projection coming at you (possibly twice but with a Nurse kind of cool down effect). There would be some sort of visual/sound cue that it has happened.

In my mind the killer is rather slow in a chase so, as the killer, it becomes less about catching up and more about out maneuvering them and getting good angles so they start running towards you.

It would also be really cool to use a survivor as a way to quickly get to the other side of an area to make up for the slow speed. Sort of like a pivot point.

The idea has probably been brought up before and I'm not sure if general was the right place for it, but does anyone have any thoughts on it? I can't really think of good perks honestly but I think it'd really mix up how you have to play!