Would you like to have more objects used for hiding other than lockers? (Beds, etc...)

AggressiveFTW
AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049

Would you like to have more objects used for hiding other than lockers? (Beds, etc...) 33 votes

Yes I would like to have more objects used for hiding other than lockers.
66%
SnakeSound222Seiko300Blueberryliv071981F60_31Timtom24AzurlynxWalker_of_the_fog_96Boosted_DwightGlamourousLeviathanAlifyIamDwightbm33UndershotBirdFloxPior_MortecrossiZephanUnboundjayruJunsuina 22 votes
I think lockers is good enough, no need for more hiding places.
27%
DaDevilsSkirtCheersEliteManny7Fobbostargazer9Switcherooherrik666musefanzillamonsterz 9 votes
Yes, but the title isn't EXACTLY what I want (Explain what you would want instead)
6%
jadssnancymain 2 votes

Comments

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227

Would be nice to see, especially on certain maps.

• AggressiveFTW

Think about having like an abandoned little town with houses and in the rooms are like 1 or 2 beds where you can hide under.

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227

Yeah, I was thinking like a creepy Abbey map, with beds you could hide under in the Dormitory of the Abbey.

• AggressiveFTW

Wow that would be cool! But don't you think that it would be way too big for a DBD map?

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345
    I think lockers is good enough, no need for more hiding places.

I think it would be cool if we could cut open the cows and crawl inside them to hide.

Nice and warm too.

• Alify
    Alify Member Posts: 347

O_o

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2020

YES!!!!!!!

I've always felt Dead By Daylight needs more interactive assets in their maps just in general. Beds are a perfect example, and we don't even have to be talking about "beds" we could be talking about X asset that you hide underneath and it changes for every map. They don't even need to be available on every map just some of them, in the same way we only have breakable walls on some maps (although yes, I know their plan is to have them on every map).

In Crotus Prenn Asylum it could be normal beds, in Lery's Memorial Hospital it could be the Hospital Beds, but on say Autohaven Wreckers, Badham Preschool, or Lampkin Lane you could hide underneath the cars.

Alongside this idea I've always thought it would be super cool to have an option for survivors to be able to go prone and be extra stealthy. The same thing as being in the dying state and crawling but instead that was your choice to hide like that. Although maybe you get idleness crows more quickly while prone so you can't abuse it to hold the game hostage or something.

Just in general more tools to be able to hide and be stealthy would be awesome.

• nancymain
    nancymain Member Posts: 7
    Yes, but the title isn't EXACTLY what I want (Explain what you would want instead)

wouldn't it be lovely to enter a car on haddonfield and just run the killer over, crashing through the exit gates.

• jadss
    jadss Member Posts: 207

Killers should be able to disable other hiding spots, not counting lockers, and hiding in a spot not counting lockers, should take 5 seconds to hide, and if the killer disables a place with a survivor, the survivor is auto, got into the dying state.

• AggressiveFTW
    edited July 2020

But that wouldn't have anything to do with hiding? I was thinking that the option that you picked would have to do with hiding in general, but maybe not with beds, etc..

• jayru
    jayru Member Posts: 64

It would be cool, but maybe adding more locker perks worth using to make lockers still the "better" more risky option. That being said it would be cool to have there be a much much shorter animation for checking them and if they are found they only lose a health state instead of being caught

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I think they could do a lot more with bushes and tall grass than they currently are. I think they're under utilized. This is under the assumption they fix some of Claudettes camo though. Her mere existence limits future map design. I can get away with so much more on Claudette than I would ever get away with on any other survivor. She just needs a couple bright cosmetics or something onto her base.

• AggressiveFTW

Yeah hiding under cars would be neat. Right now the stealth playlist is pretty much ruined, because you can't be stealhy nowadays. So adding stuff like you suggested would bring back stealth!