Moris need a MAJOR rework

SweetTerror
SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I unfortunately spawned next to the killer and was hooked almost immediately. Naturally the killer tunneled me after just the first hook, and I walked away with less than 2000 bloodpoints.

After all these years, why only now are the developers reworking Moris? Why did the devs think that this was a smart design choice when survivors have no possible way to counter this? Moris should only activate on a survivor's death hook, not the FIRST. And honestly, do we really need THREE different kind of Moris?🤨

Comments

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

How is it JUST now on there list of things in need of reworks.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Not only mori's, but Mori effects. Tombstone Piece is pretty much an Ivory Mori (or ebony if you prefer stalking to chasing), Rancor is super abusable (I personally don't want it gone, but it's unfair what I've seen some killers do), and much as I love Devour, it really isn't the survivors fault if it goes off. It's just RNG, and DH is holding back Hex perks as a whole by being ten times stronger than any other.

• SweetTerror

Yeah I saw that Peanits mentioned that they were both finally on their "to do" list. But why did it have to take YEARS?

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    edited July 2020

It probably was in the list for years eating dust. Only way to make them work on it is to have the dev squad get ebony moried 3 games in a row.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275
    edited July 2020

Don't get hooked in the first place, and if you still fail, hide for the rest of the game. It IS possible to win against a mori, but you have to be good in chases.

Moris belong to the few things killers still have to get fun. Why do you want to take that from us?

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I wouldn't be surprised if both mori's and keys have actually been on the to-do list for a while now. They were probably just left on the backburner while other major changes were being prepared (End Game Collapse and Hatch Changes, Introduction of The Archives and The Rift, and the upcoming graphical updates).

It's nice to finally have confirmation that mori's and keys are definitely in line for adjustments, at least.

• SweetTerror

Nothing is being taken away, but Moris shouldn't activate after a single hook. The survivor equivalent of that is having the hatch appear after just one generator. Would you advise a killer to not let a generator get done?

• clem1710

Doing a gen just require you to press M1 during 80 seconds.

To mori a survivor, you have to down him twice, which is much harder, depending on the survivor's skill and on yours. This is just not comparable.

• zillamonsterz
    zillamonsterz Member Posts: 13

What do you mean 3 moris?

• SweetTerror

There's the uncommon (yellow), rare (green), and ebony (red). It always felt a little weird that there were three classes of Moris. Personally I think there should be one Mori selection, and it activates upon death hook.

• SweetTerror

Moris encourage camping and tunneling, and doing that to a survivor after just one hook doesn't take a lot of skill. And given the state of the current matchmaking system, it's far too easy to take advantage of newer players because of that.

• D_Orien
    D_Orien Member Posts: 115

Cypress Memento Mori (Uncommon): Grants the ability to kill the last remaining Survivor 

Ivory Memento Mori (Rare): Grants the ability to kill one Survivor (after first hook)

Ebony Memento Mori (Ultra Rare): Grants the ability to kill all Survivors) (after first hook)

I dub them the I.C.E. offerings.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Maybe if they weren't nerfing billy they might have got around to moris sooner.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

Keys and Hatch needs to be changed at the same time Moris change. They're linked.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

Keys and moris both need rework.

However, moris let you skip over 2 hooks, which is a significant amount of steps and time.

Keys allow you to skip opening the exit gate and don't spawn unless you are able to open the gates or the right number of folks have left the match (via sacrifice, suicide, DC, etc.).

In my opinion, moris save way more time than keys. Yes, they should both be adjusted, but given this fact AND that the new Franklin's is a bit of a nerf to keys, I think moris need attention pronto.

Add to the above that moris encourage tunneling and camping. The rework needs to DISCOURAGE both of those behaviors. I have posted solutions to this many times (as have others).

Let's hope someone is working on it soon.

• clem1710

Moris encourage to camp??? First new then. Camping with a mori is useless. Tunneling with a mori is effective. But keep going, complain enough and they will eventually nerf all the fun things for killers

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

DC during the loading screen. End of the problem

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

I don't now why it took so long, but at least its happening. Also, obligatory "BuT WhAT AbOuT KeYS" comment.

• zillamonsterz

It shouldn't be death hook because the killer can tunnel it's simple ivory everyone has to be hooked at least 1 time ebony everyone has to be hooked at least 2 times

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

You're aware Mori's were nerfed once before, right?

Like, it's not like "only NOW are they doing something". It's more the community who started to take the game too seriously and is demanding everything be nerfed, even when it already has.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642

Honestly Keys are only a pain in SWF teams but in Solo Que you are lucky to get to use it. IN SWF the team plans their attack and they all escape. Once again thanks to SWF keys like other things are getting a nerf.

Moris on the other hand are strong no matter what. A killer using a Mori is strong against Solo que and SWF.

Give a Key to a solo que player and see how well it works out. Then give a key to a whole SWF team and compare the results you will see the key is only abused and OP in SWF teams.

I am not saying they both do not need reworks but it is SWF making the key OP. I hope things get a better balance but at this point I never use keys because either the killer tunnels me or fellow teammates do not know enough to follow me when I found the hatch. I do not feel the key is that great in solo que.

• zillamonsterz

Keys are also simple with a dull key only 1 person can escape with a skeleton key 2 people can escape

• SloppyKnockout

Better idea: Hatch only spawns with either 1 person left, or when all the gates are powered.

Then, change the keys so the dull key only allows one person to escape, and the skeleton key will allow the whole team to escape.

This way, it's way more fair, and the "whole team hatch escape" achievement is still doable.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 971

Solution:

Mori: There should ONLY be Ebony Mori. Active after 2nd unhooked status. Able to do this to all 4 survivors.

(It's only fair, 3rd time you're gonna die anyways)

Keys: rainbow keys are the Only key that allows escaping with 4 gens done. And only the survivor who Carrie's it allowed to escape.

(It's only fair, the other survivors didn't have it)

• SloppyKnockout

Mori: A better solution would be that it can be used after *everyone on the team* has been hooked once. Then at least it's not useless, and you have to work for it. Making the ebony on death hook only may as well just remove it from the game. With the change you propose, it should just be removed and put into the killers base kit. It's not worthy of an offering after that.

Keys: Change the Dull key to only allow one person to escape. Do not change the skeleton key. Instead, change the hatch so it only spawns with either one person remaining OR all the gens are done. If there's 1 gen left, and 3 survivors remaining, the hatch should not spawn. As I said, this would make keys still viable, but not overpowered, and still allow the 4 man hatch achievement to be done.

Much better solutions.

• IIITweedleIII

To be fair. I suggested 2nd Unhook. Meaning Death Hook is 3rd, Given a Mori option (which is less points) or finish them off anyways on 3rd final hook as a sacrifice (for the amount lotted for Sacrifices) (that said. I personally do hook all 4 and not tunnel, before I decide to start using Mori, so I technically agree to hooking them all first. But also for that one buttnut who seems cocky. I tend to be done with them quickly. That's just me. I Do however feel activating a Mori would work once a Killer has chased a Savior away a certain amount of distance, possibly been looped but got the upper hand. Much like activating Bloodlust, which then allows the use of a Mori kill. But I'll assume even that solution will be debated)

• SloppyKnockout

If you're unhooked twice, you are on your death hook. Again, making mori's useless.

• IIITweedleIII

3rd hook is Death Hook. Automatic sacrifice to the Entity.

2nd hook is Struggle Hook. You are fighting off being sacrificed but have the chance to be rescued still. I say Struggle Hook Saves activates a Mori. My suggestion is either Hook them a 3rd time to sacrific to the Entity. Or go with your instincts as a killer and Mori the survivor, but for less points (Which some Altruistic Survivors still do when seeing a Struggle phase friend. And if they let them die during a Struggle Hook phase. Well 🤷‍♂️)

• SloppyKnockout

You worded your original post poorly, then. We have widely accepted terminology for these things and you went and created your own ultra confusing terminology.

• IIITweedleIII

It's simple math. What's there to be confused. You are the one confusing Death Hook with Struggle Hook phase. Even the devs call it that. In the Hint screen they call it Struggle Phase. There ARE 3 stages to hooking. 1 you hang and bleed out into 2nd stage you struggle.

I didnt word it any more different. It's common sense ... Death Hook is the 3rd last time they've been hooked and die to. Death. 🤷‍♂️

• SloppyKnockout

Your original post was "mori should work after *2nd unhooked status*".

Which would mean, their next hook being their death. Making the mori essentially useless. So again, it's an awful idea and you should just remove mori's at that point as they will no longer be worthy of an offering.

• IIITweedleIII
    edited August 2020

As said. Giving g the option after their 2nd time unhooked. You'd are allowed to sacrifice them to the Entity. For the lotted amount of points for sacrificing. OR Mori them. It's for those who whine about being hooked 1st>rescued>Mori killed

The issue is this. A killer hooks anyone. SECONDS after, they go for the save. Killer is blamed for tunneling and Mori killing them just after first time....so when are killers allowed to KILL (may as well start calling them Sacrificers. Since they aren't apparently allowed to kill) let them have the option to kill. Even at the cost of lesser bp. So they can stop whining about being killed after a friend unhooked them seconds after being hooked.

Really to be honest, Moris are fine. Just make Ebony Mori the only one, after Struggle phase which is the 2nd stage, unhooked rescued as said, that 3rd time you are caught you are going to insta die anyways. As I Have Said to begin with.

Keys are fine. Just let the only one to carry it be able to use it.

That's all.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

You cant really nerf the mori whitout ruining the offering. If you make the mori activate on dead hook it will be faster to hook someone. If you make the mori active only when you hook everyone at least 1 time if someone is hidding all game you just waste your mori.

Changing key is easy you make it so you dont find them in chest and key are fair again

• IIITweedleIII

Keys oughta be ONLY found by random luck in chests. They shouldnt be able to bring them in. And it should only allow the one who has it in hand to escape.

That's not to say a key cant be found by several survivors but RNG rare. And when that happens. The hatch closes after each key used. Even in the same match. The Entity disallows any attempt by smacking a nearby survivor trying to use the hatch without being a key'holder

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

Just give all Killers what Pyramid Head has, Hook a survivor twice and give them the option to execute on 3rd hook IF they bring a Mori

• SweetTerror
    edited August 2020

I think this would work best. Instead of there being three different classes of Moris, there would be only one, and it can only be activated upon what would be each player's death hook.

The way it works with Pyramid Head is perfect, and how I think it should work with every killer.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

“Don’t get hooked” in the first place you say lol. Like if someone can keep the killer busy for 5 gens all the time they go against a mori. Also “hiding for the rest of the game” is not being productive so you’re basically just screwing the team over.

• pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235

It is to make both sides on equal grounds that’s why Keys and Moris both need tweaking more towards moris by a little bit, and if moris are the few things that make you enjoy playing killer you need to take a break from Dead By daylight

• legion_quen
    legion_quen Member Posts: 11

unpopular opinion: I dont have an issue with moris or keys. They matter maybe 1 match per hour in my experience. Sure it's frustrating when it happens, but it's rare enough that I just move on to the next match

• clem1710

I usually don't play with moris, but if some toxic survivors piss me off, then I use them.

• clem1710

Yep but if tiu get hooked, hide for the rest of the game. I had some good swf teams make me waste moris like that

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

If someone's hiding all game, you're going to win. That guy's not doing anything productive and 3 survivors aren't going to have the momentum to win. Therefore, the ebony would still net you a win if the survivors adopted that strategy.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

SWF is way more unbalanced than a mori. Yet, if the discussion comes up, swf-defender always say " but not every swf is good or plays like that".

But that is true for moris too. Not every killer gets a 4k just because he uses a mori, and not every killer hooktunnels and moris after the first hook.

If the one argument was ever valid, then the same is true for moris.

Well, i am using up may keys and moris anyway. No need to keep them if the get "reworked", because i expect them to be mostly useless afterwards. Keep my broken keys, and ivory moried, maybe they become usefull.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

You act as if mories and keys were/are the only things broken in this game. They have been changing this game since release and when so many different changes get introduced, it's only natural some things get done before others. If they changed keys and mories for example half a year earlier then people would still be complaining about the insane amount of god windows in the game and "why it's taking them so long to fix them".

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Cypress Mori: Grants the ability to kill the last remaining Survivor-

This should be made by bass kit it rewards the killer with a fun mechanic for getting a 4K and it also put an end to the annoying issue you have when you get that killed by your own hand daily when you don't have an actual mori or mori perks.

Honestly no changes needed beside the base kit as it's fair and balanced. Rework the offering into something completely different

Ivory Mori: Grants the ability to kill one Survivor.

This allows you to kill one person however the condition applied is that you would have to Hook everybody at least once. This stops a blatant tunneling and rewards the killer for spreading the hooks

Ebony Mori: Grants the ability to kill all Survivors.

This add-on is the biggest pain in the ass to balance this suggestion I would say for it would be make it apply on death Hook only.

Also keep the previous condition of having to hook everybody once to stop tunneling

• vogit10102
    vogit10102 Member Posts: 225

"Dodge" the loading screen. End of the problem