The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Legendary skin for Oni

Animator
Animator Member Posts: 372

Seriously? Why does the Minotaur have Kanabo? Usually, Legendary skins have something unique in addition to their appearance. I thought that in the Minotaur skin, Oni would run without a Kanabo, beat his fists during a rage, and he would have a different memento. Very sad.

P.s. I hope that in the future, when developers change the graphics and animations, they will give characters who have/will have Legendary skins, unique animations of abilities, memento, attacks, etc., as well as unique voice acting.

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

I am so bummed that we probably won't get a minotaur killer w/ map now. 😔

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,074

I must agree, I'm very dissapointed, it's just another overpriced skin...

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

Dead By Skins.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Yeah, but it looks cool.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

If it was purple rarity, nobody would've said a word. Yet it is legendary quality and people were expecting him to have AT LEAST new lobby animation like Lisa Garland. He doesn't have even this. This skin is lackluster, lazy and is not worth money being asked for it.

• CampMeToDeath
    CampMeToDeath Member Posts: 47

Same thing can be said about the new Jane skin, she doesn't need her head attached to the torso and legs, but they did that as well. So yeah, I totally agree. Like make the weapon (or for Jane her hair) seperate if you need the body peices to be together. It's really lazy on their behalf to link all 3 together.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963

I've been playing for 2+ years and I've never spent a dime on cosmetics

Just ask this to yourself: a) Does this skin improve any aspect of my character? (apart from the appearance) b) Should I buy a 10$/15$ skin or is it better to spend this money on DLCs which give access to extra content (killer+survivor+perks)?

Just my two cents

• Demonl3y
    Demonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Only times i buy cosmetics with aura cells is if i have some leftover from the Rift.

• KRG
    KRG Member Posts: 96

Good for you. I started playing recently and already spent some money on skins.

Now, when i see how the devs treat the game, i regret every penny. Just bought a rift and im going to recycle those aurics for the next one. That's it from me. Dlc's are questionable too, i guess it depends on the killer.

• Seariph
    Seariph Member Posts: 7

I think this skin is awesome! However the fact that it’s legendary makes no sense. We literally have to pay more for a skin that we can’t actually customize to our liking which is by far the worst part. They took the ability to customize a skin away and just charged more for their efforts. Not to mention that he shouldn’t even be five dollars more because there’s nothing special about his model! I’m contemplating on getting this now it used to be without a doubt. Hopefully they don’t keep doing this in the future.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

Can you buy it with shards? I have plenty of those saved up but it seems like the good skins always require auric cells....

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Meanwhile, Riot (or should I say Tencent) charges $15 for League of Legends skins on the daily, and people eat them up like candy... and they're not even worth it AT ALL... there are even a few that are $15 and are worse quality than the $10 and even $5 skins, having no new animations, particle effects or anything whatsoever. Not to mention the fact that there are even skins priced at $20 and $25, and no one complains about those.

I think the Minotaur Oni looks fantastic. I would have liked for him to be using something other than the Kanabō, but it still looks great. His original animations work perfectly for the skin as well. The skins department really outdid themselves!

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

It looks awesome though.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

Not only that, but the nose ring (or whatever it is) can clip into the camera when in blood fury.

It's neat, but not $15 neat IMO. It's like league skins, except only fraction of the value.

like everyone wrote before:

No new sounds, no new animations, no new visual FX, new sword but no club, can't mix and match pieces to make truly cursed outfits..... 15$ (2 DLC chapters).

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

I don't think skins should ever have a mechanical difference, especially if you have to pay cells for them.

• teamdehn
    teamdehn Member Posts: 222

I dont think skins should have mechanical differences, I just thought a minotaur killer would have been a cool addition. I doubt there will be one now that the oni has the skin

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

I was really disappointed that this skin costs more than 1080 auric cells.. I would have to buy the 20 $ pack just to get this skin. Well for me at least, it is definitely not worth it

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 256

Maybe he should have a hammer? Good skin, but kinda lame they didn't give it a unique weapon.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Yeah, it's just a normal DbD skin that's maybe worth $10 at most. Looks badass though.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

I see what you mean. I thought that too, but I guess they decided that they won't add a Minotaur anytime in the future. It makes sense though, they don't really use mythical creatures as killers in this game.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651
    edited July 2020

@Peanits @Almo Please take this feedback seriously. People are not happy and it's hurting your credibility with people who would normally give you the benefit of the doubt.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

Wait so you are dissapointed that the dlc (gameplay) is cheap and the skins (you know cosmetics)are fair priced? At least compared to most games. I guess I cant really fathom what world you live in. Sounds backwards

• skiafluff
    skiafluff Member Posts: 58

I bought it anyway because I love minotaurs in all things. But I was very disappointed when I realized the rage weapon isn't a big battle-axe.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

My thoughts exactly.

DLC can actually change up gameplay while skins do nothing.

You would think that the dlc's would cost more than skins, but luckily there are A LOT of people that like to play dress up with their characters.

• MainOniForSlag
    MainOniForSlag Member Posts: 1
    Yes, I was really upset about it, but looking at the skin itself, they worked it out, but I agree that he shouldn't have a Kanabo because it would be like a Greek legend mixed with Japanese ?? like he transformed Katana into a sword ok, but what about Kanabo? an ax, even a club, should be known.