No crossplatforming with PC plz

Options

Crossplatforming with PC will literally ruin the game. At least make it an option to turn crossplatforming off.

Comments

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    Options

There will be an option to turn it off. But how will it ruin the game, exactly?

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    Options

It is an option, you just have to scarifice it for longer queue times

• Facture
    Facture Member Posts: 284
    Options

They have already stated that you will be able to opt out of cross play. However, expect longer queue times.

Would be nice if as one of their steps in the road to full cross play they had a couple of weeks where the consoles all played together, not sure if that would be a real possibility with their coding though.

• RavenTufty
    RavenTufty Member Posts: 6
    Options

I just think that with PC players, they're able to mod the games or hack and it'd just be really unfair against console players, I wouldn't mind crossplatforming with just consoles.

I also heard that just cos they're crossplatforming doesn't mean we'll find games faster, Because it's still going to be the same amount of servers they have now. (Idk if that part is true, that's just what I heard)

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Don't worry, like they said, you can switch it off if you want.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911
    Options

I play on PC and dabbled on the base-PS4 version.

PC players 100% have some advantages over console. At least on a non-pro PS4 the game hitches when status effects come up (like the killer whacks a dude with NOED or you got exhausted from dead hard).

FPS is really wonky. It's significantly easier to play with a mouse and keyboard when it comes to stuff like sniping people with deathslinger, trying to track a 360, etc.

And console vs PC nurse.

Basically if survivors are going up against a PC killer many of the tricks that'll work on a console killer won't work as well vs a PC killer and vise-versa. (PC survivors will be able to easily bully console killers, etc.)

I don't think it will ruin the game, but the lack of optimization on console combined with the upcoming graphics update likely will hurt performance even more, and it's something to look into.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

I have seen one hacker in all my time on DBD

Console players would have you think that there's a hacker every 3 games

• ACTIV3_GNASHER
    ACTIV3_GNASHER Member Posts: 75
    Options

I play on a controller on pc and have no problem vs any killer or playing any killer. There isn’t really much difference

• SloppyKnockout
    Options

FPS is FPS. It doesn't really matter if that's the FPS you're used to. It's purely subjective.

"console vs PC nurse" is a nonsense argument. You don't have killer vs killer rounds, so it's irrelevant.

What "tricks" that work on console" won't work on PC killers?

How will PC survivors in any way have an advantage and be able to bully console killers? Controller survivors are in no way limited over mouse/keyboard survivors.

The only thing you have even remotely going for your standpoint is the optimization part, but thats not a PC problem. That's a BHVR problem.

• RavenTufty
    RavenTufty Member Posts: 6
    Options

It's more common than you think. That's what happened with other games people made crossplatformed.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,101
    Options

To be fair, it's probably because it's not hard to find people posting about a hacker they encountered whether it's on this forum, on the reddit, or even on youtube videos.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Err, I have no comment on your other statements, but FPS absolutely matters. If you think it doesn't, cap your FPS to 5 and get back to me on how good you're doing. While there are some diminishing returns the higher your FPS gets, there's a reason pro players of games will lower settings and resolutions to absolutely get insane FPS. It minimizes input latency and gives dramatically increased temporal resolution. That is to say that the information you get per second is far greater.

A simple example that anyone can relate to is a hatchet throw from the Huntress. If you have a low FPS, you have less time to react because the animation plays out based on time, not on frame rate. So if you had 30 FPS, you have half the time and visual information to react as someone who's at 60. You'll potentially see the hatchet "thrown" after it's already in the air, and its trajectory will be more choppy and less smooth. This applies to every action and movement in the game. All of this also applies to the Huntress trying to aim at you while your movement is all choppy and updated less frequently.

Toss hitching and stuttering that the consoles get on top of that and it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

You could argue that since DBD isn't a twitch shooter like Call of Duty that it's not quite as important, and that's true, but not so true that you don't still gain a huge advantage by seeing smoother, more reliable information and being able to react more quickly, with less input lag. The higher the tier of skill you are, the more this stuff REALLY matters.

That said, for the average DBD player on console or PC, it probably won't really matter all that much because I assume most people play for fun instead of getting top-tier ubersweaty. But if you're talking competitive, that FPS matters tremendously.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,204
    Options

Its gonna be great it's not as bad as you think, playing on several platforms I can already tell you someone new to keyboard and mouse is way more boosted than any console killer you'll face and the ones that are higher ranked and better at it the only real difference is facing a nurse or huntress they're almost always skilled at red ranks on pc and you have to be on point as a survivor with your decisions but playing against survivors seem the same to me across the platforms I really dont notice a difference, frames are bad on the switch , pretty decent on ps4 , and good on pc

• SloppyKnockout
    Options

For what it's worth, all platforms have stutters and hitches right now after the recent update.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

Personally, I'll probably be turning crossplay off when it arrives because I feel as if I'll have super potato teammates and easy killers. I've seen some footage of survivors just simply turning quickly and that can cause console killers to miss a hit because of low FPS.

Also, It's fun to run into streamers every once in a while so that I can watch the game back from their perspective. This would probably be a much rarer occurrence if I was able to go against console players.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Sadly, yes. The performance only seems to get worse with time instead of better. I was a fair bit over 100 FPS prior to the patch, not it jitters and stutters between 60 and 100, which in general gameplay can be kind of annoying, and in critical moments can cost either side a hit. But it especially makes skillchecks miserable! The FPS of skillchecks already seems totally random and separate from your actual FPS, having it also stutter and bounce around mid-skillcheck is so bad it's made me just play more killer.

• LeaderoftheSaints
    LeaderoftheSaints Member Posts: 162
    Options

Am i the only one not looking forward to cross play when it first launches. Imagine the bugs

• SloppyKnockout
    edited July 2020
    Options

Story of BHVR right there.

"Am I the only one not looking forward to *insert patch here* when it first launches? Imagine the bugs."

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Speak for yourself..if anything it'll make things easier for most

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 911
    Options

Other guy already addressed the FPS thing. The hitching and stuff can completely ######### you over. You're in a chase and gain bloodlust? Game hitches, survivor gets away.

It happens whenever you get hit via a status effect.

Now for Console VS PC Nurse, I am not talking about 2 nurses going head to head, but Nurse is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH harder to play on console because of the unstable framerate issues, lack of dexterity on an analogue stick with aiming blinks at juking survivors, etc. If console survivors go up against a PC nurse they're going to get creamed.

Tricks on console? 360's are borderline overpowered on console. Tanks the framerate too and the console-player is going to have a way harder time tracking it since he's on a controller.

(Also notice the FPS hitch when he uses dead hard, that's because of the exhausted status effect coming up)

(With a mouse it's way easier to turn and account for the 180. Controller? Not so much. And again you have the hitching and stuff which can mess with your inputs)

In terms of advantages for PC survivors vs Console killer the console killer has to deal with the hitching, he'll have a harder time using hatchets or deathslinger's harpoon, etc. while the PC survivors are able to easily 360, 180, etc. more effectively than a console survivor. All together the PC survivors/killer are going to have an advantage over the console killer/survivor. Will the advantage be enough to matter too much? I don't know, but I feel it might.