i want grab on hatch again

forst
forst Member Posts: 40
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

you cant counter the KEY if i cant grab, i want again this option when surv find the hatch and he use the KEY you cant do anything

edit:if you are main surv dont write i dont want be angry for nothing

Post edited by forst on

Comments

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

You can already close the hatch before they can jump through, causing them to just land on the ground waiting to get hit. Already heavily killer sided. No grab necessary. Just close the hatch again if you're that close.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

only grab from hatch or can I spear them too as Deathslinger?

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

No, if they open it with a key, you can't close it, since the survivor is already in the jumping animation.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

If he brought a key then he gets to use it on the hatch if he finds it. You have other counters, such as:

1. Killing him before the hatch spawns

2. Shutting the hatch before anyone else can jump in.

Hatch grabs would make keys a bit of a waste... as iridescent items.

I can understand why you don't like multiple people escaping through the hatch but just make sure you shut it before other people jump in. Whenever I've used a key with another person, the killer has decided to whack us instead of just keeping his cool and closing the hatch.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

You don't need to use hatch in front of the killer though. Also, shutting the hatch completes every gen, which isn't very good.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
  • Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

It also starts the EGC and forces the remaining (3 if you've killed nobody, which means there are no gens left, or 1 if theyve done at least 3 gens) survivors to go to the gates.

So either all 5 gens are already done, and you cant catch 3 people (which if they did 5 gens, the key isnt your problem)

Or

There are 3 gens done, it finishes 2, leaving you with ONE survivor to look for.

Tl;dr: completing gens doesnt matter when they had to do that for hatch to spawn ANYWAY.

• CheyeneKL

I've had plenty of matches where I've been the last one in the trial alive, in a chase, and seconds from going down when I run across the hatch. I would have been DISTURBED if I got grabbed by the killer at that point LOL

Same goes for when I've found keys- I've had plenty of matches where I've had no choice but to jump in the hatch right in front of the killers face, or I go down.

FWIW, I very rarely equip keys.

And as far exit gates being powered if the hatch is closed, either there is 1 person left with 3 gens done (which just means you have the usual scenario of "close hatch, go back and forth between exit gates") or there are 2 other people left who only had one gen left to complete anyway (and were most likely working it as you were chasing the person with the key). Or you have 3 other people left in the trial and all gens were already done at that point, for the hatch to have become visible. Closing the hatch is not a bad option there, really.

• romerojoel
    romerojoel Member Posts: 35

Moris, keys should not even exist. Right now for me is when a survivor brings a key i bring a mori.

and i think if you wana bring a key do it and show it on the lobby. Dont switch last second from a toolbox to a skeleton key. If you bring a key you should accept the fact you could get moried.

btw i think it is either delete keys and moris and hatch or let there be a way to counter moris, hatch, keys. I agree with you on the grabbing part

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

Just saying, even if a key carrier dies a team mate often knows they have a key and will pick it up after them. At least until the new Franklin's existed, there was no way to remove a key from a game. Even now, it takes what, 90 seconds to make the item get eaten up? Even if you try to guard it you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot anyway by giving them 90 seconds of free time, basically like longer global version of DS.

Also, most people with a key won't open the hatch unless they have team mates with them. I have almost never seen a situation where there's multiple people sitting on hatch, while the killer is close enough to go for a grab/kick the hatch closed. The only time was when I myself had a key and hook bombed somebody where I just happened to find a key in the basement last minute and the killer just happened to hook one of my team mates near the hatch (I had no idea it was even there.)

I just personally wouldn't mind hatch grabs being back. It would only really make a difference 1v1 and if it's that close for the killer to grab, it was either mere seconds off from being a kill anyway or it's somebody that's taking the hatch right in front of the killer because of a dumb reason (teabagging on the hatch or whatever.) Not saying your position is invalid, but I just want to bring up that it's pretty rare for a situation like that to happen unless it's very very close.

• CheyeneKL
    edited August 2020

I've had a LOT of matches where the hatch escape was extremely close. It usually happens when I'm slugged for the 4k and I already know where the hatch is when I go down. I have multiple clips of Bubbas hoofing it to me, only to BARELY miss grabbing me off the ground in time LOL

Other matches I've been in a chase while injured and I'm lucky enough to make it to the hatch as the killer smacks me.

MANY of my hatch escapes have been close enough that the killer would have had an easy time grabbing me.

I think the newer end game mechanic is enough, there isn't really any reason to add the hatch grab back in. If the killer, who has complete freedom to run around, does not find the hatch in time to shut it, that's that. I didn't play DBD before they changed how the hatch worked, but it sounds like the last one alive had a lot better chances of escaping than they currently do now, considering you used to not be able to close the hatch as the killer.

Keys are a different subject but even then, I don't think players bringing an iridescent item deserve to be able to be grabbed out of their escape, but dat just my onion.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I can't exactly say my experiences will be the same as everybody, so fair enough if your games are more like that than mine are. I just mostly don't like the fact that I can kick a hatch even if I find it first and the survivor just has to follow me around and then just run up and unlock it. If I kick the hatch, they can go for the doors. If I leave to go guard the doors and they have a key, they literally have me checkmated. They can go for the door if I stand on hatch and if I leave hatch they get the hatch.

I would agree a little more though if keys couldn't be looted from chests, and didn't come in 2 different rarities that allow hatch to open (iridescent/very rare.) But I mean, I don't find myself in many of those situations anyway so I don't exactly care that much either way.

• forst
    forst Member Posts: 40

yeah but you he can escape the surv with key no counter