We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Would people be happy with candyman?

2»

Comments

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

No because no one except americans knows who he is. Just the name sounds so childish, or perhaps like an adult who "loves" children. No don't want him.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,702

Yes, I really want to see a bee-based power and potential chase music being his whispers.

i didn’t know him or his films before DbD speculations, but just from those speculations i see big potential and that he is a valid request for DbD (And definitely not bland at all)

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    edited August 2020

I always kind of hoped for a voodoo man like in The Serpent and the Rainbow. It’s not slasher horror but a horror all it’s own but I don’t think it would really work for DBD

that movie scared the hell of me as a kid.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

So, in that case Mick Taylor should be added and a lot of people aren't cultured for knowing a cult classic Australian horror film.

I go through a LOT of horror media, and Candyman has come up once in about 15 years for me.

It's the same argument as WORLD series baseball only having American teams.

I also don't see how a psychological horror character works in a more action/slasher focused title like DbD. Pig was a stretch with the body horror and stealthy kidnappings playing the part for the game, but I always felt that the SAW franchise was more about the ideology and psychology. Well, it was for the first 3 films anyway.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

He would definitely fit the DBD universe, a lot more than Chucky or Xenomorph.

• jayru
    jayru Member Posts: 64

I'd rather have grudge/the ring before candyman. Much more iconic in my opinion

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

I trust in behaviour to make him look cool however I wouldn’t be hyped.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I didnt know who he was until people wanted him in DBD for chapter 16... then I watched the movie and it was... really meh at best.

I would actually prefer Springtrap or Slender to Candyman.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,147

I think Candyman would be great killer to have in the game.

• The_architect
    The_architect Member Posts: 120

eh