Make A Build For People New To Killer

Mekochi
Mekochi Member Posts: 942

I already did a post like this for survivors, but we can't leave killers out. Don't use teachables for other killers in the build just choose a killer and leave a perk build in case they don't have other killers left. I personally don't play killer enough to give any good builds, so I will leave it to killer mains out there or 50/50 people. Have fun beautiful human beings!

Comments

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143

Well rounded build and killer for people just starting

Trapper - NOED, Sloppy Butcher, Whispers/Bitter Murmur, Brutal Str. (If you don't have whispers at least tier 3 just use Bitter Murmur)

(Ignore what people say about NOED, since you're just starting off)

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

This is a lot harder, because it really depends on what killer you want to play. When I started on PS4 I had next to no perks, but my experience carried over and I didn't need them. When I started on Switch originally, I had next to no perks, and had no idea what I was doing.

I'd say start with Billy with Enduring, Whispers, Tinkerer and Lightborn. A lot of people will recommend NoED, but i feel like Noed can hinder killer growth.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited August 2020

Buy the Cannibal (Leatherface DLC)

• Barbecue & Chilli (Cannibal teachable perk, gives you +25% Bloodpoints for every different Survivor you hook. Lets you see the Aura of ever Survivor 40 Meter away from the hook)
    • Sloppy Butcher (Non-teachable perk, makes survivors bleed more when injured and it takes longer for them to heal)
    • Unrelenting (Non-teachable perk, when you miss an attack with your Hammer, you wont have that much cooldown)
    • Whispers (Non-teachable perk, lets you know when Survivors are in a 32 meter Radius around you)

Kind regards

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

NOED is a terrible perk for new killers as it creates bad habits.

I'd recommend new players to buy leatherface and the pig for BBQ and chilli and surveillance.

Hex Ruin and Surveillance is a great combo to help with knowing which gens the killer should pressure.

Whispers is a great perk for tracking.

Currently BBQ and Chilli is kinda useless due to new the auras, but it's great for grinding out blood points.

A build you can use with most killers are BBQ, Whispers, Surveillance and Hex Ruin.

• RareOmen
    RareOmen Member Posts: 143

Which is your opinion, I'm not here to have a NOED debate. The OP asked for baby killer builds and I gave them one.

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621
    edited August 2020

I'm a killer main and in my opinion new players should keep away from NOED as it creates bad habits. It's not I'm a survivor main saying that NOED is OP, I'm saying that newer killers should keep away from using NOED as it would have a negative impact on their development.

EDIT: Like how self care encourages survivors to go to edge of the map to heal themselves.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

For any killer if you're new:

NoED (swap to another perk after you've learned the killer so you don't become reliant)/BBQ/Sloppy Butcher/Enduring (swap to another perk once you're good at baiting pallets)

• Cinnabon488
    Cinnabon488 Member Posts: 64

Starting out :

Most people start out with trapper.

Trapper build : whispers, noed, sloppy butcher, bitter murmur, brutal strength.

Another good killer to get early on : leatherface.

Leatherface build : BBQ, noed, sloppy butcher, whispers/bitter murmur.

The killer I started out with : hag.

Hag build : ruin, sloppy butcher, devour hope, bitter murmur - this was my build for awhile until I got more killers leveled up.

But overall I'd recommend trapper or Billy to start out with and then move on/level up others later.