Killer Idea - The Medusa

NuclearBurrito
NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
edited November 2020 in Creations

The MEDUSA

Movement speed: 115%

Terror Radius: 32 meters

Power: Petrifying Gaze - Hold M2 for up to 5 seconds to charge Petrifying Gaze but no less than 1 second. While charging you are undetectable and all Survivors that have you in their line of slight are revealed by Killer Instinct. When you finish the charge or release the charge early all Survivors that have you in their line of sight will become petrified and will also gain the Oblivious status effect for 60 seconds. The petrification animation when releasing the charge lasts 1.5 seconds, during which time you move at 3.2 M/S (80%), note that Survivors are only petrified at the moment of release regardless of the animation length.

Petrified Survivors will remain petrified until either 30 seconds pass, they become hit with a basic attack or another Survivor helps them out of their petrifaction through a 6 second channel. Petrified Survivors also passively have the Endurance status effect while they are petrified and for 3 seconds after they are released. While petrified Survivors cannot move or preform any action.

For each Petrified Survivor the Medusa moves 0.2 M/S faster.

Note: Line of slight isn't counted like it is with Ghostface. If ANY amount of Medusa is in ANY part of the Survivors screen then she is considered in their line of slight

Post edited by NuclearBurrito on

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

At the risk of coming across slightly pedantic, Medusa was the person. The creature she became is called a gorgon.

And we already have a DEMOGORGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Two gorgons would be too scary. :(

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I would love to have more mythological entities in the game. I think the concept is pretty solid, although her power sucks in a chase... but it seems to be a pressure mechanic more than anything else.

• NuclearBurrito

I'm well aware. But with Demogorgon I couldn't exactly call her Gorgon.

So I just went with Medusa.

Besides, the entity is perfectly capable of taking supernatural entities and entities from the distant past. So taking specifically Medusa in particular as opposed to an arbitrary Gorgon should be no issue.

• NuclearBurrito

Yup. It's primarily a stall tool and a tracking tool. The chase utility comes from the Oblivious effect and the Haste from petrification.

Also btw the way the power works, if you get right up to someone and use your power they can't avoid it, because the Survivor camera can see slightly behind them no matter which direction you turn the camera.

• NuclearBurrito

She's also good at applying on hit effects. STBFL in particular is probably really good on her.

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276

Seems op. I'd say nerf the gaze to anyone within a 45 degree cone and anyone within 16 meters of that cone get hit with the petrification status. Also, instead of instantly freezing them, they get their speed cut in half for 10 whole seconds because that chase would be easy to win and the killer could score a hit. The status affect should wear off after the person's hit. Her perks should be balanced as well.

• Blendette_will_Evade
    Blendette_will_Evade Member Posts: 69
    edited August 2020

Wouldn't The Gorgon make more sense? Unless the killer is license, it shouldn't be too specific-

• NuclearBurrito

Petrification already ends on hit. And it has to completely stop the Survivor to have value. Anything less and you are better off ignoring your power and just hitting them normally.

And if I use anything other than the Survivors full FoV then I can't use their vision, because it would be trivial to simply keep the Killer at the edge of their vision.

• NuclearBurrito

We already have a gorgon. Or at least a demo of one.

And Medusa is in the public domain.

• The sounds like a similar argument that we won't get into.

• DaddyFatSacks420
    DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 183
    edited November 2020

Cardi B as an outfit? A single glance can turn part of the male anatomy to stone

• Deadlock
    Deadlock Member Posts: 215

I like it, however I do feel like this could be abused to take the game hostage. Maybe work that out a bit, but I do enjoy it!

• NuclearBurrito
    edited November 2020

Look up and away from the Killer. If she isn't on your screen she can't petrify you.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

This is desperately needed. Something new and interesting for survivors to play against. A killer you shouldn't look at should be fun to play against. Her lore is also pretty tragic so she'd be a sympathetic character

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,954

A Killer with the ability to freeze survivors on sight, would require a rework of the line of sight system, but yes.

• NuclearBurrito

Said rework is explicit. Luckily it should be much simpler considering how loose the requirements are.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

What I don't understand is this part:

"When you finish the charge or release the charge early"

Wouldn't that mean you could activate it and instantly trigger it, so you can just freeze anyone instantly if they're looking at you? It should have to fully charge to get effect.

I think it would make more sense that if they're looking at you and you release early, they get hindered for an amount of time relative to how much it was charged.

Also, gorgon powers work when you look them in the eyes. So I think the full freeze should only happen if you and the survivor are looking at each other in a 90 degree cone (like OoO) when you fully charge the power. Otherwise, they just get hindered.

• NuclearBurrito
    edited November 2020

Don't think of the charge like gathering energy. It's just that 5 seconds is the maximum window in which you can have the effect readied before you are forced to use it. Using a 90* cone or similar would defeat the entire point of the power. If the Survivor can have the Killer on screen and still avoid the power then the power will do nothing (or only the hindered effect btw), since they can keep the Killer on the edge of the screen while still keeping track of them just fine.

That said there IS missing downsides here, specifically either a self slowdown on charge or a cooldown (plus a minimum but not 5 seconds charge time). Nothing big but a good reason to not just mash M2 constantly.

This isn't one of my more fleshed out idea's, hence why I STILL haven't made addons.

Also also, total petrification is weaker than hindered for the purposes of a chase, so having hindered for a partial charge would be ironically OP. Petrified Survivors have endurance, so hitting the Survivor won't injure them. It's a stall power that makes going after other targets easier, not a direct chasing tool.