Deadboy Member Posts: 15
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

So how did the game just decide to remove our dlc? 😂Devs please help lol

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506
    edited August 2020

I lost the Stranger Things DLC. I wanted to play a nice little Demo match, but I guess I am not allowed to.

Edit: When I click on "Buy" Demo and Steve even still have my cosmetics on them.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353
    edited August 2020

The majority of my DLCs have went missing too. I own all of the DLCs and am very confused as to why this has happened, I hope it is resolved soon.

EDIT: Additionally it seems like I have lost some of the cosmetics I purchased for characters - I had Claudette's colourful headscarf cosmetic and Ace's white hat cosmetic but they are now missing.

Furthermore, when I checked in the steam store it says I still own all of the DLCs (except Demise of the Faithful which I obtained with iridescent shards).

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,154

I just saw in McLean chat that a streamer lost DLC. I got this random Save Error message earlier on ps4 and was worried I was going to lose progress, luckily I didn't. Guessing something is up if people are losing DLC or getting Save Error messages.

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622
    edited August 2020

I lost some of them ( Dark Amoung Us, Demise of the faithful, Ghost Face, Stranger Things, Cursed Legacy & Chains of hate)

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

I randomly lost the chains of hate and the silent hill dlc. Now steam wnats to tell me I have to buy dead by daylight with ~6500 hrs, sure...

I mean this is a bug right... but Im scared that when I start the game that progress is missing...

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

gotta love tuesday steam maintenance threads lol

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Is this a platform specific issue?

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

Im on xbox one and i didnt lose anything.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,743

I had this issue too, however 2 friends of mien completely lost the game (as have others on the dbd subreddit). I really hope this gets solved soon.

After restarting steam through task manager that fixed my issues with the dlc. Didn't help with the missing game however.

• MrDecisive
    MrDecisive Member Posts: 61

man i lost the whole game and all my dlcs and a few other games too

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

I guess Ishould better not touch dbd today. And pause dbd updates. xD

• stardust_aka
    stardust_aka Member Posts: 1

i already have the game on steam and i played it for like 400 hours but now it just says purchase the game and when i launch the game from the files the issue is still there so anyone that can help me plz tell me

• Buttercake
    Buttercake Member Posts: 1,652

Switch wins at life! ☺

• somini
    somini Member Posts: 1

There's something going on with the servers. I have this issue as well.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

So today on PC, Steam, I launched the game and discovered that Spirit, Oni, Deathslinger, and Pyramid Head, had been locked! I don't understand why, as I've purchased all Survivors, and Killers, and leveled them to 40 (deathslinger to like only 7). But now it says that I have yet to even purchase them? I close the game and restart, hoping for a fix, and nothing! OK, fine, Ill verify my files on Steam and see if anything comes up, NOPE! That didn't work either. I decide to uninstall and go to reinstall the game, and now its saying that I don't even have a license for it! Anyone have any clue on what's going on?

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I'm having the exact same issue. Lost my game after playing as survivor.

Dead by Daylight doesn't appear in my Steam Library after a reinstall of Steam. It still says I own the game etc, but when I launch Dead by Daylight from the store as an Administrator even, the launch screen just closes out. I guess the game is out of sync with Dead by Daylight's server? Looks like we might have to wait for a fix.

• N4hue_Tr4sh
    N4hue_Tr4sh Member Posts: 2

Hi, i have the same problem, i don't understand :(

• Løkk
    Løkk Member Posts: 2

same issue here

• Okkoner
    Okkoner Member Posts: 33

Same issue here

• Kavor
    Kavor Member Posts: 6

Hi,

i see i'm not alone with this problem, when i tried to play tonight, the game didn't launch and instead i was on the shop page on steam. I uninstall the game to install it again and the game simply disappeared from my steam library. I didn't even know this kind of thing was possible on any game on steam lol.

Thanks in advance.

• Okkoner
    Okkoner Member Posts: 33

I launched my PC today and saw dead by daylight being advertised to me on the steam store but I already have it. I've actually played it for more than 1200 hours and counting. Do I have to buy the game again or is this unintentional?

Apologies for the messy screenshot

• Kavor

I join you in complaining, i have the exact same thing, that i explained in another topic, but it was insta deleted lol.

It's a bit too much and i'm almost angry.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 917

This is probably more of a talk to steam type deal. I just hope it didn't reset your progress and etc.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,743
    edited August 2020

Unintentional, Mandy has confirmed it's likely linked to the steam maintenance that happened recently as other games were affected as well.

They'll have a statement out when they know more.

Edit: in response to @Okkoner

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,914

Nothing is being deleted - I'm merging all the threads to keep everything in one place

• AnotherJacob
    AnotherJacob Member Posts: 66

I was playing today before steam servers went to maintenance... After that I can't launch the game anymore.

When I try it opens steam store page. On my library it says "Purchase" instead of "Play", even if I bought the game back in December 2016.

I already opened a steam ticket... :/

• Kavor
  • Meco
    Meco Member Posts: 0

hi, so, in my steam licenses, it says that i still have dbd and a few dlc's but it's not on my library. This happened to me after I opened dbd and at the same time had an internet problem. help me pls

• metamuisel
    metamuisel Member Posts: 3

Hey folks. I used to play DBD on PS4, recently got it for Steam on my computer. I was playing a game as a survivor when it booted me out, and wouldn't let me open up DBD again. It was saying "Purchase" where it normally said "Play". I tried uninstalling and now when I try to find it and re-install it says:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• TheSnipez2
    TheSnipez2 Member Posts: 1

Same thing happened to me with deathslinger, oni, and demogorgon. i had just finished a game when the characters were suddenly locked.

• N4hue_Tr4sh
    N4hue_Tr4sh Member Posts: 2

Hola, he tenido un problema y es que no puedo ejecutar el juego debido a que en Steam me dice "comprar", cuando realmente ya lo he comprado hace un tiempo, y lo desinstale y se borro de mi biblioteca y ya no puedo instalarlo, necesito ayuda lo más rápido posible, gracias

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

I cant even start the game AT ALL, dissapear entirely it doesnt even appear on my steam account it just says that i bought it.

• Mandy

I am aware @seki23 I've pinned a message to the top of the forum, there's nothing we can do right now I'm afraid but wait for Steam.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

one person say this happen on ps4 too this true it didn't happen to me thank goodness.

• Personamask
    Personamask Member Posts: 3

Not sure if Steam has fixed this issue yet or not, but I had DLC missing from my account. I exited Steam completely and restarted Steam with admin privileges and all of my DLC was back. Hopefully it helps someone else.

• Woodywool
    Woodywool Member Posts: 622
  • Mandy

It's not happening on PS4 - it's purely on Steam

• Mandy

Some people have had luck with completely restarting Steam, but this has not worked for everyone.

• FacaDelicinha
    FacaDelicinha Member Posts: 18

Me and my friends were going to enter the game, and then....

"Comprar" is the portuguese translation for "Buy".

We already tried to log off steam, exit and open again and nothing happened.

What the heck is happening??

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Come on Gaben. If you don't fix this soon I'm going to have to actually be productive on my day off and nobody wants that.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

well i hope it gets fixed for everyone i'm on steam too but i haven't been on in weeks stick to the ps4 ver lalely.

• forst
    forst Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2020

i waste my dbd my money and my time i want back all

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

ok, just wondering i shouldnt have lost any of my information there, right?.

• StarRainbow
    StarRainbow Member Posts: 1

Yeah same issue here, played fine yesterday.

Launched today, internet/connection error, restarted and then 7 missing DLC. Tried to fix by uninstalling, then I'm missing game entirely though steam says its in my library. Hope they fix this soon!