Pig's traps rng

Options

The first time I played against a pig in this game I was able to remove the trap on the first "machine" I found but every single match I have since then, WITH NO EXCEPTIONS, if I manage to remove the trap is on the fourth attempt. It's just that I'm really unlucky or it's just that it's not an actual rng and it's always in the Fourth attempt?

Comments

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309
    Options

It's not the kind of rng you're probably thinking of; rather than a % chance to remove the trap when you search a lockbox, it works like this:

At the start of the game all boxes are spawned, and 4 'keys' are randomly placed in each box. There is no limit to where the keys can go, so a box could theoretically have all 4 keys or no keys at all. Each 'key' corresponds to one of the pigs traps. When you get a trap put on your head, you must look for the box with the correct key. Once you've searched through the box with the key that corresponds to the trap on your head the trap is removed.

It's a little more complicated but it makes sense. Think of it as if pig herself had placed the keys in the boxes before the trial started.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

The dual nature of pigs unfair RNG right there.