What Is Your Favorite Perk and Why?

Options
Pulsar
Pulsar Member Posts: 20,597
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Trying to spread a bit of positive energy around, so, tell me what your favorite perk is and why it is your favorite!

Can't wait to hear what everyone says :D

My own two favorites are Diversion for Survivor and Monitor and Abuse for Killer

Post edited by Pulsar on

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Probably Break Out or Autodidact! Both are a blast to use and basically give you an extra little mini game to focus on during the game.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Decisive Strike.

It always feels good using it, but I usually only use it 30% of my time played.

I either get slugged and don't use it, or the killer never comes back, or I loop the killer enough time for it to go away.

• Pulsar
    Options

I used Self-Care for the longest time too! I still have a soft spot for it!

As for Discordance, I don't use it too much, but I actually have used it on my Dead Rabbit M&A Myers. Let's me know who to jumpscare next!

• Pulsar
    Options

I have a buddy that LOVES Flip-Flop. He has complete faith that it will save him and it honestly has sometimes too.

As for Deerstalker, it's saved my butt a few times when I lost a Survivor on the ground lol

• Pulsar
    Options

I've never used Break Out, but I love Auto-Didact. I just wish it were a bit more reliable, ya know?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,536
    Options

Head On - I am addicted to this perk!

• Pulsar
    Options

I almost never get tunneled, so I'm afraid I am more of a "stealth" gamer, but I do run it occasionally and boy does it feel good when I am getting hard tunneled and I can use DS.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427
    edited August 2020
    Options

You would be amazed seeing me play. I see something interesting and look away. A lot. I'm easily distracted. So deerstalker saves me a lot of time.

I will take Flip-Flop to the grave with me. It has saved my butt many times. I have a combo I do really enjoy, which is Unbreakable + Tenacity + Flip-Flop and whatever fourth perk.

Let's say... it doesn't work a lot, but it can be fun!

• Pulsar
    Options

Speedy Crawling plus Flip-Flop. I like it. Might I suggest Boil Over to complete the build?

• Tsair
    Tsair Member Posts: 49
    Options

Any means Necessary. I cant really use it in any builds, but it's just so fun

• Pulsar
    Options

I haven't used it myself, but I have seen people meme around with it and it looks fun!

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Options

NEVERMIND THERE NEVER WAS A FOURTH PERK OF CHOICE. I completely forgot I use Boil Over in the build too. My scatter brain has left me. See, I got distracted.

It's a fun build and usually brings joy! In some situations it has helped me 😁 But I use it mainly, cause it's fun more than anything else!

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Haunted Grounds.

only cause i kinda invented that one...

• Pulsar
    Options

Well, great minds think alike :D

It definitely sounds like a fun build, I'll have to test it out soon!

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Currently bamboozle, because it screws with window looping 😂

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Deathbound. I think it's one of the best if not the best tracking perk in the game right now. Its like Nurses + Infectious + A bit of whispers.

For survivor, possibly MoM. Getting it to proc is really satisfying.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

Blood Pact. Best thing to ever grace the hellscape that is solo queue.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

On survivor Break Out is the one for me. I love being that buzzing fly around the killers head while they bring my teammate to a hook. Doesnt always work but when it does I feel like a guardian angel.

On killer its 3rd Seal. Been using that allot together with Retribution or Haunted Ground. I had allot of people dying on hook because their teammates couldn't find the hook in time.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Killer - whispers (best perk in the game if you know how to use it)

Survivor - probably as of now bond since I mostly play solo.

• UnbeatableAsh
    UnbeatableAsh Member Posts: 101
    Options

Survivor - Flip Flop - I can't wait for the day the buff this perk oe something. Ash got a real ######### hand for his dbd treatment so his perks being good would at least help to make up for it. An AoD skin wouldn't hurt. Or an evil ash killer. Or a map. Or just something... anything...

Killer - Spies - Super underrated perk. Does everything whispers does but better. Makes indoor maps universally stronger. Honestly just an incredible perk that I think deserves way more credit.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Second wind, having the perk heal you after an unhook saves you so much time

Shadowborn for killer, the fov is beautiful

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,651
    Options

On killer? Gonna be cliche but Pop Goes The Weasel. I love everything the perk does, it rewards you if you play well, and it helps slow down the game. I think I use it on all my killers.

As survivior? Head On. The perk is so much fun to use. So, so, soooooo much fun. It's really satisfying to land, can really tilt many killers even if you're solo (which is hilarious because for some reason being facecamped makes me chuckle) and can actually be ######### busted in a swf. Thankfully none of my friends use it.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Options
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

There are so many I love. But if I have to pick one I'll say Detective's Hunch. It's so incredibly useful.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Options
  • rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    Options

We're gonna live forever - doesn't do anything to spice up the gameplay but it does give me those sweet sweet bloodpoints. I can't live without Dead Hard and Iron Will tho lol.

• Pulsar
    Options

Ash only had one super meta perk on release, that being MoM. I definitely think it'll get a buff soon!

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839
    Options

Balanced landing

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Dark sense/Alert - Atleast 6 auras per game for Dark S, more for alert, enough to survive easily.

Discordance - Handy for survivor bunching

• BixBash
    BixBash Member Posts: 14
    Options

Detectives hunch for me. Hearing NOED explode after a few seconds of activation is a win for all survivors.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

Big Fan of the new Kindred. It provides so much information.

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227
    Options

Top 5 for me between survivor and killer:

1. Pop goes the weasel (invaluable slowdown perk for killer after ruin got nerfed)
    2. Self Care (being able to heal yourself over and over is just great, as it's not safe to cross a map just looking for a teammate to heal you, and wastes time)
    3. Dead Hard (easily the best exhaustion perk, can save you from nurse teleport attacks, spirit phase attacks, and extend your loops a bit longer before you need to put a pallet down)
    4. Barbecue & Chili (bonus points plus information on enemy locations which is useful for many things, from hitting generators with pop to finding survivors who are tying to heal)
    5. Borrow Time (very useful against campy killers, especially in the endgame collapse)
  • TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    Options

Head-On

Save the Best for Last

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

For sure. I love that it creates clutter in communication (if there is any) between survivors. Its one of those hidden gems that is overlooked quickly.

• Pulsar
    Options

I played a game with Third Seal against a slugging Bubba on The Game, even with SWF, we had absolutely no idea where we were or where our teammates were!

• Zayn
    Zayn Member Posts: 365
    Options

Iron Will. Great for looping and opens up so many opportunities to juke the killer!

• Karltastisk
    Karltastisk Member Posts: 529
    Options

As killer it's definatly save the best for last. The feeling of growing in power is so satisfying.

As survivor spinechill is in almost all of my builds just because of how much information you get. If i want to win then i put on spinechill, but in terms of straight up fun factor when used. Then Autodidact is quite fun when it actually works.

• pwncxkes
    pwncxkes Member Posts: 235
    Options

Iron Will because sounds are literally everything when you play against a killer with more than 500 hours

Save The best for Last, literally makes my pp grow

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

For killer it's whispers. It's very useful for early and late game and let's you know where you should and shouldn't be throughout the match. When I'm not running it I have kinda like a lost feeling without it.

For survivor it's We'll make it. This perk is so damn good I don't know why I don't see people run it more often. You go for a rescue, get a super quick heal in, and it's back to work. I'm sorry what sloppy butcher? Not to mention it lasts a whole 90 seconds too so you can often get more heals out of it.

• Pulsar
    Options

Used to use DD on Legion and Myers. It is amazing for confusing the entire team!

• Pulsar
    Options

I love using We'll Make It. I think most people don't use it because it doesn't really benefit the player too much, so you would have to be running an altruistic build.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I'd highly recommend pairing Break Out with Saboteur (or a sabo toolbox) and giving it a spin. It's a blast! 100% agreed on Autodidact too. Sometimes it only hurts me, but other times it's a game changer. I love that it powers up as the match goes on though. It's such an entertaining little minigame to try to get stacks :D

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393
    Options

Chili, I love BP and there is no better perk.

Survivor side is a tie. WGLF, I love BP and this sometimes gets it for you, but not even 50% of the time. Detective's Hunch, Totems equal BP and can avoid NOED.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Options

Survivor: We'll Make It. I'm surprised I don't see it more often. Double healing speed? You can get a heal off in three seconds if someone else is helping, but like 7/10 times it lets me solo heal under the hook before the killer's back.

Killer: Mad Grit for the lols. Also because people don't expect it on anyone other than Legion, I feel like. Mad Grit Doctor?? Mad Grit Nurse??? My faves.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 949
    Options

Surveillance. Use it on literally all my killer's lol.

• Robotman200
    Robotman200 Member Posts: 49
    Options

Survivor: Unbreakable, that perk has gotten me out of a lot of bad situations

Killer: Ruin, mainly because it saves time that I would normally spend breaking gens