The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Have MMR been reset? If not, we've got a problem..

I see many people complaining about the new matchmaking and let's be honest, I'm one of those people. The only response I've seen coming from the devs was "the system needs to settle down". And it makes sense, but only if the MMR got reset, bcs at the moment the matchmaking makes no sense. Everybody is getting queued with random people, and random level (especially when playing solo).

Now the problem that I seen is the disparity between players in the same lobby. My little brother just bought the game. He started his 1st game as killer, he barely got one kill (he face-camped to get it). He played against 2 purple and 2 red ranks. I told him "don't worry, there's a new match-making, you're next game should be better". How was his next game? He got completely DESTROYED bcs he played against 2 players rank 4 and 2 players rank 2. He got pretty disgusted. How is it possible that he got to play against such great players for his 1st few games. That is not fun. That is not fair.

I don't know if the mmr got reset (as some people say) or if it's a problem of disparity at the 1st games to play, or if the base MMR is too high but something needs to be done. Moreover, the mmr will have to be reset soon bcs the matchmaking is ruining everyones mmr with those random games everyone has to play.

I have barely 200h on this game but I already noticed that devs react pretty fast. I hope this time it will be the same.

PS I have a serious PTSD after playing 7 years of league of legends with riot's mmr system, that's why i'm so concered about the implementation of this system in DbD, which is my new love ;)

PS2 I hope everything I said makes sense, I havn't practice my english for a while ^^"

Comments

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Brought the game on switch and all I have had for the past few days is rank 1 killers now for me it ain’t bad because I have a lot of play time on my ps4 so I kno how to play but for new players yeh I understand the frustration in being matched with people who clearly have a incline in how to play & I understand why people are dcing within the first 5 mins of nearly every game, it’s pretty ruff atm, Maybe not the best time to have joined the dbd community:( which is sad because this game used to be fun

• MekToTV
    MekToTV Member Posts: 11

lucky me I played for a month, I'm just gonna wait a few days until it gets fixed. And my brother wil certainly afk games as a killer to get iridiscent shards to get ruin which is in the shrine atm. But for people who are starting the game on their own... that's ruff indeed

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

MMR is so weird. Just had it happen where I got into a match with people around my rank, everyone red ranks and then me and 2 others escape that match, everything was fun and fair and I think my MMR must've went up a bit. Then the game after I get a Rank 20 Wraith with 1 perk. I really have no idea how to explain how that happened.