Pig cage crawl escape?

Options

Uhhh is there some reason that survivors can crawl out of the exit gates with a pig trap on their head? I just played pig for the first time and it happened, I was just kinda surprised that the trap didnt finish them off is all.

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

A Reverse Bear Trap will only kill a Survivor trying to cross the Exit Gate if the Trap is active and if you didn't deliberately carry them into the Exit Gate and drop them there.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824
    Options

Don't put traps on after gens are all done.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,553
    Options

Survivors can only leave the trial via the Exit Gates with a RBT on their heads, if the RBT was put on after the last Generator has been completed - the trap will not activate (as there's no generator to activate it) and they are free to leave.

If you carry a survivor towards the exit line (past the cut off point within the exit gates) and the RBT is active, then the trap will not activate, because you, the killer has carried them to that point.

Finally a survivor may escape through the hatch at any time (providing the hatch is available of course) regardless of whether the RBT is active or not.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Since your questiin has already been answered, and sincd youre new to pig im going to give you a heads up on something else:

They can jump through the hatch with an activated trap on

• Thiccsty9
    Thiccsty9 Member Posts: 42
    Options

I mean I'm not planning to play pig much outside of challenges she quite frankly cant keep up against good survivors at red ranks (at least not the ones that are trying hard). I just thought it was really weird that her ability didnt activate, I guess the fine print says it activates when a gen is completed (probably I'm not caring enough to read but its implied in the replies) I just think thats a really strange way for that power to work. Like if gens are on their should be power but I guess hers are battery powered or something?

I guess it probably had to be like that for balance? Or does anyone know if there is some like logical reason as to why it has to be a fresh gen pop? I'm mainly just curious, so if not its totally cool and all the above replies are appreciated, the mechanic just didnt make sense to me when it happened is all.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    Options

1. Tampered timer and jigsaw sketch and there'll definitely be casualties

2. It is possible to put trap on a survivor or two during endgame and make it impossible for them to escape.

• Nanglaur
    Nanglaur Member Posts: 124
    Options

In the old days it used to kill everyone no matter what. It was too much, because you were able to keep your traps until the end of the game and then just prevent them from doing anything. Now is more like a gen slower built in the character power, wich is great and require that you actually do something during the match. A good pig will always use all the traps before all the gens pop.

I play her a lot, and I always manage to get all my traps set on survivors around 2/3/4 gens, depending on how good the game is going for me. And that buys me a lot of time to actually kill 2-3 players during the next 2 gens.