Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I Did Bones. You Need A New Excuse.

Comments

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

There's no point in making threads like these, friend. @PigMainClaudette

You won't really get anything good out of it. You will just be bombarded with "do more bones" and other crap by people who actually enjoy being toxic. I swear, these people need a reality check. Or a life. Or something. Or is there no hope in saving them?

• vector
    vector Member Posts: 227
    edited August 2020

why do they need excuse? This is a risky perk which might not even be useful. You say it creates bad habits. How do you know? Mb on the contrary you learn to play 90% of game without using 4th perk? Do you think the game always ends in the late and killer never wins early?

totem can be destroyed in 10-15 sec that often happes with other totems such as ruin etc. It activates only in the end. So it mus be rewardig.

what are you asking? You want it be deactivated most of the game and always be destroyed in the late game? If you dont like NOED then open gates and leave, try to hide and so on.

• vector

yes, this is how totmes work. they are risky and some of them rewarding.

why do you even think you must always survive a round? You must go play some other game then.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
    edited August 2020

Here's how I prepare for NOED:

Don't do bones.

Yes, you heard me right. Don't do bones.

If you find a bone, ignore it. But remember that you found those bones.

That way, if you find 4 bones but don't find the last totem, there's more or less an 80% chance that the NOED totem will be one you previously found. If you just head on around looking at these old bones, you could easily take out the Perk before it sees more than one down, if that. And if you're that one down? That's a you problem.

"Oh, but I'm in solo queue, how will I tell my team not to do bones so they can be found later?" Pre-game lobby chat is a wonderful thing.

It's not a foolproof counter, but it's a hell of a lot more effective than doing bones.

• vector
    edited August 2020

wait, let me get this sraight.

1) Guy cound not find bones.

2) Guy died

3) Guy come here for complaining.

what do you need here? A radar and immortality or what?

i dont get your logic, you think you should always survive or what?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,222

Why do we need an excuse for NOED? Why do we need to counter NOED? It's a terrible perk. You get 1 or 2 instadowns after all the gens are done. YOU might die to NOED, but your team probably didn't. And if the entire team dies to NOED, they didn't die because of NOED.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Ignoring all might be a bad advice either. If the spots are hard to find (like the ones in the bushes on Badham or at generic looking setups) it might happen that memorizing them is difficult. Also, totems near the gate should be cleansed as the killer has an easy time downing someone there and protecting gate, totem and hook. And last one: if you have 5 totems up, you may waste too much time running around the map to find 4 dull totems first, while others are dying.

• Deadeye

@vector "learn to play before talking" can be regarded as implicit insult. If you don't think so, I would question your perception. Maybe exchange "insult" with "offensive", but we should keep some manners when discussing

• rogueplayer00
    rogueplayer00 Member Posts: 110

The only thing I disagree with here is your saying that ds unbreakabke and such are meant to not be used. That is anything but true. The issue with DS and unbreakable and now soul guard added in is that there's no counter to it at all, and it can be used aggressively. If i don't see the unhooker, and i go for the unhooked, even if i play around DS and slug, i still get hit with UB and sometimes UBSG so i can't even go back to them at that point. I agree that a totem counter needs to be put in place, i agree that noed is kinda broken. But until they make it so that survivors with 60 seconds of invincibility can't do a gen in front of my face with no consequences, then either hit the ds and run, or miss the ds and dc, i dont think its fair to nerf any killer perk that people think is OP. Because there's nothing more unfair than a team of survivors who have a cumulative 4 minutes of complete invincibility with the ability to normally heal themselves off of the ground, not to mention the ability to see the killer at all times with object and know when to move thanks to perks like spine chill. If you want a totem counter, cool i do too. But I also want ds to deactivate if you touch a gen or someone else gets hooked. Because the killer has no pressure on you if you have enough time to do either of those things.

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

"If the spots are hard to find (like the ones in the bushes on Badham or at generic looking setups) it might happen that memorizing them is difficult."

I honestly don't know what to say here. Unless you're on Midwich where everything looks the same, seeing a giant pile of bones and being like, "Ok the giant pile of bones is here" is one of the easiest things a human being can do playing this game.

"Also, totems near the gate should be cleansed as the killer has an easy time downing someone there and protecting gate, totem and hook."

If you don't want that bone around, do the bone. If not, should have pressured the other gate.

"And last one: if you have 5 totems up, you may waste too much time running around the map to find 4 dull totems first, while others are dying."

It really doesn't take that long to run around the map. Not to mention actually getting started on it BEFORE someone goes down.

• Deadeye
    edited August 2020

I don't know what to respond here to be honest. If you think Midwhich looks all the same, then you should be able to understand that there are several other locations that are not super easy to memorize. It took me like 2 weeks to get comfy with Midwhich to know if I'm south or west etc. but now I'm fine with that map. Not every totem spot has a key orientation like "on the harvester" or "on the hill". And not every totem is in plain sight. That's why I mentioned Badham, where you have totem spots you need to go INTO the bush UNTIL you see the totem.

"If you don't want that bone around, do the bone. If not, should have pressured the other gate."

Does that counter me? What if someone missed that spot and it becomes NOED and a survivor is downed at that gate with first NOED hit? What if the survivor gets found while cleansing the totem after it got lit? That's why I say it is worth cleansing it because it is a risk. Not sure what your point is.

"BEFORE someone goes down"

Meaning, BEFORE you know if NOED is even in the game? Like wasting time running across the map without opening gates? Probably killing the guy that is in chase on death hook? There are some more variables in the game you need to consider, I just gave a few hints on how to cleanse totems to optimize for several possible situations. So I don't know what or why you try to counter my arguments

Btw it takes quite some time to check 5 totem spots. Cleansing takes another 14 seconds. Getting to the hook might also take some time. During EGC it is quite possible that not every NOED victim is on first hook. So a minute is pretty tight, if you have to assume that not everybody knows all totem spots to assist you searching. Adding the possibility that one survivor may already be dead. Which is another unknown variable when you first see totems. You don't know how many people will have to fight NOED. Invest 14 seconds during the match and you might have an easier time fighting NOED.

As I said, it might be a bad advice to ignore all totems. Enough scenes that can cost the entire team the escape. You can also say, don't waste the time you could spend on gens, just check the totem spots just in case, so the chance to reach endgame is higher. But that is optimizing into one single direction. I gave advice to get into better position for many setups, not the optimal position for a single setup.

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

My biggest problem with the "do bones" argument (esp now) is, what if your NOED spawn was this:

About 9:47

(I know this is devour hope, but go with me here)

How do you reasonably and logically expect anyone to find this totem spawn, ESPECIALLY when dull. I do know that totem spawns have to be better than they used to be, aka not right out in the open where everyone can see, but this is going a wee bit too far methinks. This is the problem with the do bones argument. Right here.

• Koukdw
    Koukdw Member Posts: 279

Doing all 5 bones is a waste of time. Only do the hard to find one/in the middle of the map maybe. Leave those near exit gate.

If you do that against a good killer with tons of map pressure you will make everyone lose just to remove a potential noed.

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

Lol. You have a way to remove one of the killers strongest perks, and you have the nerve to complain that its difficult to find?!? Especially when they spawn in the same general area every time. I guess you want them all to be outside the shack, or directly across from a gen.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited August 2020

No Ed would be fine if the killer actually did something to earn it, and not actually be tied to a survivor objective.

It would be like if the killer gets everyone to 2nd phase all gens pop now all you have to worry about is opening the gates.

I personally don’t have a problem with how to get rid of it, I do with how it’s procc’d.

Its a really dumb concept.

• RoMainPuppy

Not the issue is:

1) Guy found and cleansed four bones

2) Nobody else did any bones

3) Guy was found, one hit down, first hooked, and died

4) Guy came here JUSTIFIABLY complaining because solo q is hell and there is no way to tell if anyone else on your team is also doing bones. They got ######### by NOED when they and no one else was doing the counter.

So no, if you read the post, no they don't think they should survive every game or have a radar or immortality. They LEAST they would like is some way for Solo players to know if anyone else is also doing bones. Maybe you should learn to read.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393

Totem counter for solo que. 'Nuff said.

I have no problem with NOED. It is a great perk for end game builds. I feel sad for killers using it as a crutch though. Those killers will never get better because they depend on a cheap hit to counter their bad habits. That said, SWF hit with NOED have zero excuse. They should be hitting bones. Solo que, is different. I'm an avid bones hunter, because I love getting 1k BP for each. That said, I'll hit 3-4 every match and have zero way of knowing if the others are done. POP! NOED kicks in and I'm often the first victim. Annoying as hell. If there was a totem counter, I might take more time off the gen to find the last totems.

Want to counter the fabled "gen-rush"? Give solo que a totem counter. Human nature will want that number at zero. Survivors have little incentive to do anything other than get on gens. Many avid NOED users have not good at pressuring the gens. Thus you get the NOED meta we see today. Crappy killers and foolish survivors clashing in one bloody showdown. Pathetic.

• RoMainPuppy

They do not spawn in the same general area every time, there are fyi more than 5 potential totem spots on a map, they are RNG dependent just like almost everything else in this game. OMG shocking.

So you're telling me, with no foreknowledge of where totems MIGHT spawn on a map, in Solo Q, with no map, no Detective's Hunch, No Small Game, that you'd be able to find and cleanse that totem? And EVERY OTHER totem, because this is solo q, and nobody is probably gonna do totems but you. You telling me you're gonna find that #########? Or even say you and everyone else cleanses no totems, but just tries to memorize where they were when you run across them (or hell even tries to cleanse every totem but one in a REALLY obvious place so if NOED pops you know where it is), JUST IN CASE of NOED, you're not gonna miss that totem? Really? Really really? I highly doubt it my dude, I highly ######### doubt it.

• Dwinchester

That's why I said general area, sure there's rng, but they will be somewhere around specific spots on the map.

So what you're telling me is that there are two perks and an item that will tell you exactly where the totems are, in addition to just memorizing where they will be. Dang, sounds survivor sided to me.

As you pointed out, there are perks and items that completely neutralize hex perks. The problem is that survivors don't want to give up that ridiculously overpowered meta, so they come on here, crying about how unfair hex perks are.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

I’m not reading all of that but you need to understand Noed is a bad perk if anything it would need to receive a buff as all it does is give the killer a free hook during egc it doesn’t give any kills just a hook everyone will still escape if it comes to that point

Think of this for a second Noed but only gives a free hook if it’s not cleansed before egc or before you hit a survivor with it while adrenaline has no counter to stop it and starts a whole new chase with a hook it takes 2 minutes to get the kill there with a door it’s 16 seconds which is plenty of time adrenaline can extend the chase for

Now I honestly don’t see why so many killers run Noed for the reason above it’s a bad perk that only grants you a chance at a free hook not a kill if you even get to that point which you shouldn’t by that time you should only have two people at most left during egc and if you hook one there is no way you don’t get another kill if not both kills

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I’m not gonna fall to the echo chamber of truth which is “Do Bones”, so I am gonna use what you said not to say against you now.

”you play the game with three perk slots” to be exact

Alot of killers need all 4 perks slots being used atleast once, Trapper being one of these. NoEd being deactivated early with the usage of, SMACKS LIPS, doing the secondary obj which is totems, to prevent the perk from ever being used, you are quite literally removing a perk slot from the killer and restricting the endgame.

Alot of perks straight up MURDER this perk, most notably Detective’s hunch and Small Game (Oh look, two non-meta perks that are quite fun to use)

While I am here as well, let me thrash another thing mentioned shall I?

DS and Unbreakable immediately apply pressure to the killer as soon as the killer begins DOING THEIR JOB, with DS quite literally having a timer that is almost as long as an entire generator (DS tier 3 timer being 60 seconds, while gens are 80), mix this with unbreakable and you are invincible on the ground as the killer has to pick you up and get shanked by DS and possibly go into a chase that is longer than 60 seconds, or leave you on the ground and the survivor picks themselves up with Unbreakable. These perks apply pressure to the killer as soon as the survivor gets into a situation where the killer cannot do their job as you are restricted from killing the survivor. Along with this you can also force a locker grab by jumping into a locker with DS, which is actually invincibility for 60 seconds. DS and Unbreakable really cannot be compared to NoEd.

And while I am still here, DS actually makes bad habits as well, I forced my friends to go 5 games without DS before and I only convinced one of them to stop using DS while the other was complaining the entire time. So yeah pretty much if you want to use DS in the post about NOED it won’t work at all

• RoMainPuppy

Dude I already know you're biased af, but like. Seriously. Seriously. Detective's hunch is DLC only, Small Game also triggers off of hag traps and trapper traps, and it also is just a general cone, so sometimes even if you know a totem is "nearby" that doesn't mean much. If the totem is tucked away well enough good luck finding that #########. Small game says it's here...somewhere...in this 45 degree cone within 12 meters. That'll totally help when the totem is on the top floor of the Thompson house in an obscure corner that no one EVER goes to or passes by. Completely. Maps are rare. Also that still doesn't solve the Solo Q problem of, ehem, NOT KNOWING HOW MANY TOTEMS HAVE ALREADY BEEN CLEANSED. You might do four by yourself, never find the fifth one, you and your teammates may never find the fifth one (if they in fact are even cleansing totems themselves), Noed procs. "WhY DiDn'T yOu JuSt Do BoNeS???"

Idk man, just, didn't feel like doing bones after the first four. Just. Got lazy I guess. Y'know how it is.

It is a lazy crutch perk that rewards bad gameplay.

• teamdehn
    teamdehn Member Posts: 222

Omg solo queue in a team game is hard.... its like thats how solo queue for any team game is going to be. The guys team didn't help him with an objective seems to be working as intended. Like a killer who complains all 4 survivors escape after having them all on death hook. They didn't do the objective simple story. They do have a way to know if bones are being done its called voice communication, there is even a whole discord dedicated to it. If you choose not to use voice comes that's a you issue.

• RoMainPuppy
    edited August 2020

It seems you have reading comprehension problems. They do bones, they did almost ALL the bones by themselves. Their teammates did no bones. They spend or spent time looking for the last set of bones and could not find them, when they run Small Game to try to find bones it doesn't help (as the perk is garbage).

Some maps are bigger than others. So I doubt it only takes 2-3 mins, that's also not accounting for the time taken to cleanse said bones, as well as doing so without getting found by the killer, as well as hoping that your teammates aren't absolute potatoes and are actually doing gens. Also what about maps with multiple stories? What about the swamp?

They obviously AREN'T genrushing, as they are looking for and cleansing totems. So your 5 gens in 5 mins comment is utterly pointless.

How many maps do you expect a person to have? Do you expect them to run a map every game, JUST in case of Noed? Do you expect them to find a map in a chest every game?

Post edited by RoMainPuppy on
  • RoMainPuppy

So you expect. A person in solo q. To hop on discord. Tell their 3 randoms to hop on discord. Hope they HAVE discord installed. Hope everyone has a working mic. Hope everyone has headphones. Hope they actually listen and hop into discord. All in 60 secs before the match starts. Sure bud. I'm sure that'll work out great every game. Why don't you try it and get back to me about how well that works out?

• teamdehn

then they are choosing to play the game the least optimally. communication in a team game is very important.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    edited August 2020

These "you ATTEMPTED to do bones" replies. Good lord. Can we address the fact that if I see someone running around wasting 80% of the match looking for bones I write them off as basically useless? The issue with one person attempting to do all the bones (especially dull ones) is that it's an extremely poor use of time. You're basically down to 3 people at that point, dramatically reducing your chances of winning in a solo queue.

So basically the counter to NoED in solo queue is "throw the game really badly."

It's even more ridiculous than I could have possibly imagined. Y'all are out of your minds.

Don't even get me started on "hop on Discord within the 60 seconds it takes to start a match with these randos who on most platforms you can't even tell to get on Discord" just... stop. Seriously. Stop.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944
    edited August 2020

no they are saying as a solo survivor they do as many bones as they can find but get screwed because there team did not do the last one.

the devs just need to add a totem counter in one way or another and all the talk about noed will stop

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Do bones... But devs really should add a totem counter for solo players.

• teamdehn

the literal point of noed is to make it more enticing for teams to do bones instead of just rushing gens. you want better teams look around for people in the discord and group up. the amount of people who want the game handed to them on silver platter is staggering.

• Seiji212
    Seiji212 Member Posts: 183

No, Noed is exactly equivalent to all of the 2nd Chance perks that survivors have, except killers just have the one that can be deactivated before it’s ever used whereas survivors have numerous ones that are difficult to play around. The only difference is that whiny survivors seem to feel that it’s ok and necessary for them to have all of their own, while also complaining that noed should be removed. I don’t like noed myself, but it amuses me the amount of bias goes into these complaints.

• RoMainPuppy

Yes, that was completely the point of the OP's post. They wanted the game handed to them on a silver platter. You got 'em. I didn't know you could read minds. (Though I'm guessing you can't read at all, based off your replies)

• teamdehn

ooh someone is salty gonna start name calling? later entitled one.

• Seiji212

Yep and it highlights the whole whiny aspect of the bias I mentioned. If there’sa notes either hide and get out or find it and clean it it isn’t that hard. Again, 1 2nd Chance perk for killers that can be cleansed vs several that survivors use. It’sa hilarious argument. Noed doesn’t stop my crew at all, just shows us down a bit. Adapt and move on.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

-Unbreakable/DS being not used still means the survivors are getting to live/are not in danger. You think this is a bad trade off because they are using less perks?

-I don't care about Adrenaline.

-NOED working on any survivor doesn't mean anything. If its conditions are met, then it works. Just like any other thing. Like DS, doesn't differentiate between "actual" tunneling or a survivor throwing themselves in the way of it. NOED can also be stopped before it activates, unlike some of the other survivor perks (which also can appear in a game up to 4x.)

-Lots of perks create bad habits. I could say the exact same "Rather than getting better at their role they are telling others to do way more work because they refuse to adapt" thing about tons of other things.

-At some point, there isn't enough room to trade hooks every single time. You can't play every game like "Hook survivor #1, then survivor #2, then survivor #3, etc." because there isn't enough time. The unhooked survivor will just run off to get healed and do gens, or if you chase/tunnel them instead then the unhooker just gets to sit on the floor and doesn't lose a life on hook. That's why NOED is so effective, because the games end up finishing extremely fast and nobody ever takes the time to find all the bones. Switch up your playstyle to trade hooks like that, see how much better your games go.

-Yea, counters in the game chew up your available slots. That's kind of how counters tend to go: people bring Iron Will to counter killers that rely on hearing. On the other hand, Stridor can be brought to counter that. People bring Calm Spirit to counter killers that make you scream like Doc or killers with Infectious Fright. Or, the classic "DS to counter tunneling" example. This isn't an exception: just bring a perk to counter NOED if you hate running into it that much. People don't usually seem to have many problems running things to counter other things, except for when it just happens to be NOED.

I'm not even a NOED user myself, and I dislike going against it because I agree it's a way to cheese some kills when you didn't do much, but you did some bones. Then you still got hit with NOED. That doesn't mean you "did them." It means you did some.

I'll give you a piece of pro advice: use Detective's Hunch. If you still keep getting hit with NOED after equipping that, it just means you're not using the perk properly. No way you should be getting smacked with NOED all the time if you're clearing all 5 totems (which I easily do when I end up bringing the perk.) Or, if you're one of those people who's going to screech at the thought of obtaining a DLC perk, use the free option: Small Game. Hell, just knowing totem spawns allows me to clear like 3 or 4 totems if I decide to totem hunt while playing survivor, at least depending on the map (Lery's and another one or two maps are a little harder). Again, not a fan of NOED myself but to say "I did bones. You need a new excuse," is just laughable.

• RoMainPuppy
    edited August 2020

Your crew, aka SWF? That's why NOED is a problem for Solos not SWF. You guys can rattle off when you cleanse a totem, Solos can't. We have no reliable way of knowing how many have been done besides the ones we cleanse ourselves. Even if you say in pre game lobby "Do totems" doesn't mean they're going to get done or that you're even going to KNOW that your fellow randos are cleansing them.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

If Survivor is considered a team game, and this player is doing 3-4 bones per game, then it should be expected of the other three to do a bone or two. But no one does bones but this player, so that last set of bones, wherever they are on the map, are never done, so NOED gets activated anyways.

I mostly agree with you, but there are also some, ways to give yourself better odds against NOED, albeit it's a gamble and you don't get as many points for cleansing. What I'll do is pop a bone for Inner Strength, and then keep track of the rest of the bones on the map as I come across them. There are only 4 max on the field at any time since I'll usually pop one immediately, so that's a 25% chance of a bone becoming NOED so I can cancel it out immediately. While ideally all five are gone before end game starts, sometimes teammates decide to rush the game. At that point all I can do is hope that the two or three I've found are one of the NOEDs in play. I've a better shot at seeing one of those bones up(25, 30, 50% chance) than finding the last one that somehow hid itself in the buttcrack of a bush hidden behind a tree and a mountain.

• Dwinchester

You're actually complaining that you have to look in a small cone and that it reveals the power of two obscure killers? The entitlement is real. I ran that perk for my archive, there was only one totem that was difficult to find, and even then it only took me 30 seconds.

This game is pay to win, or wait for it to come up on the shrine.

Maps are so not rare. Run plunderers instinct, you will get a pink map every game.

You see noed as a crutch perk that rewards bad gameplay, I see it as genrush insurance and a big f you to attempted body blockers.

What is your go to perk set? I get the feeling its chock full of crutch perks.

• Seiji212

True swf makes it easier, but i often deal with it just as easily when solo which is how I play survivor 80% of the time. It still isn’ta big deal. In fact, when the last gen pops, if I think Noed is there, I just hide a bit and wait for someone to get hit and then find and cleanse it if it is. Again, not even remotely difficult. Usually the person one shot mindlessly runs for the exit gate and gets easily slapped down. You think maybe the problem is that approach as opposed to the Noed itself? It’s ridiculously easy to counter with any killer besides a good trapper, both before and after gens are done. It’s fine as is. It’s really that simple.

• vector

hell? He says himself he was hooked only once, they compelyed all gens. SOLO IS HELL... If it was a hell they would be dead having 5 gens uncomplited.

Now i understand that solo q is HELL jsut because he died . What a tragedy.

Was it hell for killer? Was it the only kil lin game he got? Were all gens finished in 7 mins?

Now i see surv in real hysteria just because he died. WOW.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

This topic would never happen, if devs would add a totem counter.. change my mind. :^)

• Seiji212

See now you’re suggesting empathy for the killer, and im not sure that’s allowed lol. Being that most killers that I see who run it struggle to secure even one kill, and similarly how most people who run things like UB+DS etc seem to do so because they can’t run the killer well, you’d think there’d be some common ground feelings here, but you know, entitlement. It’s really as simple of an issue as that- there is an abundance of entitlement issues in a good deal of the survivor community. My Xbox inbox alone proves that. If it isn’t one thing it’s another, there’ll always be some reason that ppl feel you are trash or that they were cheated out of their owed victory. 1000s if games and I’ve been gg’d for winning maybe three times? Four? It’s really pretty ridiculous. This recurring Noed argument is just another highlight in a marathon of bias.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    edited August 2020

Read the whole thread.

Eyes started rolling when most of the points in the OP had caveats/tired old killer tropes (IE NOED is for bad killers, Adrenaline is not a big deal because killers have insta-downs, don't want to use a perk slot for something that OP feels is an issue, etc - @Huff actually addressed some of them).

Eyes ended up in space (Jupiter, I think) after gaining enough centrifugal force to leave the atmosphere when I made it to this point.

Post edited by Raccoon on
  • vector
    edited August 2020

well, killer`s perks are not about giving surviviors chance of disabling him, they are about killer`s advantage.

you say like NOED and totems must be designed as some sort of free points for survs. Picking noed menas you are alredy playing with 3 perks most of the game, so it shoud payoff in the late, but even that is under question becuz totem can be destroyed.

this topic is about solo surv that did not succeed in "deleting" one perk from the game. Why must he succeed ?

survs can consider  themselfs as SOLO players as much as they want but fact is there are 4 vs 1 in game , 16 perks vs 4. 8 addons vs 2 and so on.

they should not be able to outplay easily and killer must have advantage.

why do surv think that always must escape ? I bet he did not even got -1 but +1 but he is still in tears came to cry about terrible expirince. So they won the game, he was hooked only once but he still is unsatisfied. Guess he should not have been hooked in other case this is unfun and unfair etc

• Boomer_Zoomer
    Boomer_Zoomer Member Posts: 29

Just bring Detective's Hunch lol

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited August 2020

Alright. So, Noed itself should not be nerfed.

If you are wondering why, then go take a look at all of the general perks for killers. There are 3 tracking perks that are somewhere between good and OK. Then there's Sloppy and NOED. The rest of them are trash. What's a new Killer to do? Well, they're going to run NOED because they're only guaranteed to have 2 good non tracking perks. That needs to get fixed before NOED actually gets changed. NOED is currently acting as the bandage for the New Killer experience, and ripping that off before the wound has healed is not a good idea.

Also... Veteran players aren't immune to that issue either. I have swiftly learned that even if you have good perks and you get a new Killer and have 800k BP banked with a 60k daily and ~150k in Tome challenges... sometimes the Bloodweb is just going to decide that you're going to max out Monstrous Shrine, Unrelenting, and Forced Penance and doesn't give you any of the perks you actually wanted even though your killer is level 40... but... it did give you NOED. So... you run NOED. Not because you want to, but because your blood web decided to be obnoxious.

Now, what I would not mind happening is having countering Noed get buffed. What should be done is twofold. First I saw on here somewhere someone suggest that they make the Basement have a wall with 5 candles on it, where lit ones correspond to how many totems are left on the map. This needs to happen. It gives access to a potentially very useful piece of information but at a small cost. Second buff Small Game. Make it give ~10% faster cleansing and then this... "For each Totem cleansed during the trial (not required to be you), gain a token. Each token gives +0.5/0.75/1% faster healing, repairing, and sabotaging."

• Deadeye

I already said that in a post before. Lerys is the strongest totem map. But even Lerys has normally 2-3 totems you can find by walking around the outside of the map. The spawns at the gate are still in the game and when a totem is lit, you will hear it by simply running around the outside hallway of the map.

Besides that, there is only maybe Midwich with really strong totem spots, which is just because the map is too new. When I want good totem spots, I used to burn Saloon offerings as killer, but as survivor I also got used to these spots as well already. I just have the feeling that Lerys will never be an easy map for totems as you never have LOS and mostly you have to stand at a specific spot to see half of the spots.

But that is ONE single map, maybe with an extended view, two or three maps, that have decent totem spots. Out of 30+ maps. There are survivor sided maps, there are killer sided maps. I think pretty much everyone learned to accept it and deal with it, regarding this we have 3 "totem-sided" maps. So I think having a killer with a totem depending build and you occassionally spawn on one of these 3 maps is a rare enough thing to say that your video is not the most common and biggest problem in this game.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I just wanna say that without the existence of NOED, Survivors would never cleanse dull totems again. Gens are done extremely fast nowadays, and they'd be done even faster if NOED was not a possible threat. It is the only thing keeping dull totems as a "secondary objective."

This discussion has been closed.