decisive strike and borrowed time are fine in endgame

I don't get why killers complain about it in endgame, gens times are the real problem, don't feel entitled to free kills in endgame if you tunnel and camp to try and secure kills you don't deserve.

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Are they frustrating to face? Absolutely. But both of them for the most part are balanced perks.

• kazoie1
    kazoie1 Member Posts: 92

Bt I would argue is fine as you can either try for a 1 for 1 but honestly ds can be a bit iffy sometimes when the gate is open and theres only one person injured. At that point the killer either has to go after the person just unhooked and get dsed and have a chance to give a free escape or give the other people a speed burst to give them a free escape. It's a loose loose situation either way. Honestly I dont like it as it encourages tunneling early to get rid of ds so you cant get screwed later

• Popcornchicken11
    Popcornchicken11 Member Posts: 110

I can honestly say from playing today that this is false. I got 2 free escapes due to ds, neither of which were due to tunneling. I just got downed at the gate after saving someone else. They either had to let me leave by crawling or pick me up and get hit with ds. I only played like, 5 games and two if my 5 escapes were do to ds. Partially due to mmr giving me rank 20 killers tho

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

If you do not understand it is because you have never played as killer, BT is fine, DS needs a change. Both perks can be annoying at times.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Both need changes imo.

BT is overtuned. I only ever see it used to facilitate unsafe unhooks, generally right after a Killer has turned and begun walking away. This puts the Killer into a no-win scenario. He either chases the unhooker, who leads him on a minute long chase or he chases the unhooked guy, who leads him on a 30 second chase, then hits him with DS.

DS needs to not count down when you are being chased. DS needs to deactivate when you are 50% healed, work on a gen for 15 seconds, in the EndGame (specifically when the gates are opened) and it MUST deactivate when another Survivor is hooked.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

yes it is, because it also has a lot of counterplay, especially when the door is nearby.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Honestly, neither of those perks are fine, though for BT it's for different reasons (farming and bodyblocking). But the game is literally balanced around the exit gates being powered and open (aka the golden 2k), so it's not really okay that people get free escapes for equipping a perk. Call it "tunelling" all you want, I rarely see killers that only go after the unhooked. Usually it's down the unhooker, down the unhooked, eat the DS, free escape, hook the unhooker, rinse and repeat til it's my turn, except I don't run DS because I never get to use it without forcing it.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
  • xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I don’t think I’ve ever been in a match on either side where insta saves have done anything except completely screw the survivors, BT or not. I hate survivors that do this when I’m playing survivor, and I love survivors that do this when I’m playing killer. You don’t even need to look for your next chase, it’s right there. And if you wait out the BT you can slug the saved for more pressure. Insta save survivors are throwing the game more often than not.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I disagree. As long as you didn't hook in a completely dead area, they WILL make it to a loop before BT runs out. If they can play it correctly, you will have lost at least a gen, with another having significant progress AND you still have to slug and wait out DS. Perhaps, if there wasn't the possibility of this happening multiple times per game, it would be okay, but it CAN and often times does happen several times in a game.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

another thread fine bt and ds do need a change ok bye.