The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Any tips on getting the "Blood on your Face" trophy?

musefan
musefan Member Posts: 345

I have only ever tried this a couple of times a few years back, and I have been putting it off since. Partly because of how hard it is, and partly because I don't want to be "that ebony mori guy".

However, having recently getting "Where did they go?" (Which I never thought I would get) I only have a handful of trophies left, so would like to push for the platinum (ps4).

But I have no idea how to approach it. Even if I play better than the survivors there are still so many factors:

- Will I get a d/c? Probably

- Will the last survivor get the hatch? Good chance, even if I get far.

I feel my only real chance is to hope the survivors realise I am going for it and help me achieve it.

So what are your tips? Best killer, best perks, tactics, etc.

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I did it back when I first started the game so it was at Rank 20 so take it for what it is.

Bring noed, blood warden, devour hope and a perk of your choice.

You have to hook everyone at least once now, so if you see a fresh face make sure to get them over trying to mori someone out. You don't want a situation where the last survivor is immune to your mori. Good luck!

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Spirit with stacked phase duration add-ons. Or go with both iridescent add-ons if you wanna be extra cheesy.

Huntress with Infantry Belt and Iridescent Heads. Exhaustion addons are also extremely good with her.

Clown with RedHead's Pinky Finger and another addon of your choice. I would go for increased bottle-amount.

A Trapper with Iridescent Stone add-ons and the perk Remember Me can pretty much 100% deny the gates for the last survivor. Only need to worry about hatch in that scenario.

Wraith with Windstorm + Coxcombed Clapper can more or less deny the hatch with a high success rate, and patrol gates extremely well. Ontop of being really strong with those addon given the player plays him right.

Freddy with Red Paint Brush + Swing Chains, or stacked slowdown addons is extremely dirty. Be warned that this can cause disconnects alot.

As for perks, I would just stack slowdown and information perks. Pop goes the Weasel, BBQ, Hex:Ruin, Nurse's Calling, Infectious Fright, Sloppy Butcher, Hex: No one ecapes death are all excellent perks that synergise with most killers.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233
    edited August 2020

I did it with Hag with Devour Hope, but I was playing that combo for a LONG time before I finally got it, and that was before collapse was added to the game.

If you own Myers, it would probably be better to work on Evil Incarnate, which will give you Blood On Your Face at the same time.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287

Wraith with devour. Spirit map.

• musefan

Thanks for all the info so far.

Have such quick responses has improved my confidence that it might not be as hard as I first thought...

Famous last words! 🙃

• MrLimonka
    MrLimonka Member Posts: 545

It's a very easy achievement - you can just try slugging the last two survivors. If you fail, don't worry - there is infinitely more moris you can get. Good luck!

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328
    edited August 2020

I also think being a low rank killer (around 15) helps a bit tbh. Now especially since they removed MMR for the time being.

Also don't tunnel and if you can, don't mori right away when you down someone after their first hook. Make them think you only have a ivory mori and you save it. That way you can buy more time getting all survivors on the hook at least once. I see a lot of killers going right for the unhooked guy when they have an ebony and that is a huge mistake on their part.

When you get to 1 or 2 gens left, and you hooked everyone once, then it's time to go for the kill and the pressure gets really on them and they make mistakes.

If a DC happens, there is really nothing you can do about that then just move on. Happened to me some times as well, but eventually i got it the way I described.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,778

I think this is probably the easiest way to get it without a mori. Hag is great for denying the hatch too, especially when the last survivor is going to be exposed due to Devour.

One thing to add - bring a Backwater Swamp offering. The totems on that map are often absurdly hard to find.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,710

I wouldn't worry too much about Blood on your Face, keep it simple and don't overthink it. Just use whatever killer you are the best at with whatever perks you like. An ebony mori is pretty damn strong so you shouldn't have any issue getting this outside of dcers and really good teams. I would also make sure to dodge lobbies with any keys to save yourself some headaches.

Just play how'd you normally play, maybe tunnel hard off hook just to get someone out early and then work on hooking the other three. Slug with two left after letting gens get to at least two so you know where hatch is and then you're golden.

Dcers will be the bane here and not so much the challenge itself. As long as no one dc's you shouldn't have all that much issue with it. Rareware brought up a good point as well if you're going for all trophies then doing the Myers evil incarnate at the same time could work nicely.

In fact using an ebony with tombstone piece would be a really good combo just for blood on your face but again, dc's will hurt you more then anything.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

You can also play piggy and go for head pops

• musefan

Thanks for all the help people, but turns out the fear was all in my head! 😁

I did it first attempt with Myers and an Ebony Mori (so I didn't get Evil Incarnate).

I used Deer Stalker which helped me slug the last one, and had a couple green add ons.

But after the rank reset the other day I was rank 20 killer, so that was probably the main contributor here! Also, I feel the d/c timeout feature was my friend too.

Only luck-based base trophy I have left now is that one where nurse needs to grab a survivor after a triple blink! See you in a year! 😂

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

Use mori and don't care

• musefan

Yeah I did exactly that, first attempt.

I hadn't realised how often you get ebony moris. I levels myers from 20 to 40 for this trophy and got 6 of them, then did it first try... wished I had saved bloodpoints now! 🤣

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,778

It's luck of the draw with totem spawns anywhere, but that map has several totem spawns that are buried behind trees on the very outside of the map. If you get one of those spawns, they're screwed. They either look for it and get no gens done, and still maybe don't find it in time, or they don't and get mori'd. Plus, with Hag, you can actively defend the totem even if they happen to find it.

• ohheyitsbobcat

Missed the update. Congrats on getting it! The Nurse one is very difficult to get legit and I honestly just recommend farming it. If you do plan to do it legit then I would get a lot of practice on Nurse first since it requires an iridescent add-on now and that add-on also doesn't let you blink through walls, only line of site.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Jokes aside, fire up really helped me getting the evil incarnate trophy, I stacked brutal strength and fire up, it was amazing.

But for the blood in your face it was kinda easy for me, I brought a common build and a red mori, no shame.

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

Stop being so polite -- it's a game, not a soap opera. You don't need to justify your perk/offering/addon choices to anyone, least of all the opposing side.

• musefan

Thanks.

I got the nurse one too. After seeing it is ultra rare and nerfed I just farmed it with some gen slapping.

Still took 2 attempts though because I had forgotten how to grab people in the first game. I was pressing R1 instead of tapping R2 (attack) 🤦‍♂️

Also got the plat after a couple hours of shocking with the doctor. I don't think I will ever be able to play him again now 🤣

• ohheyitsbobcat

Oh god I remember doing that myself, it took me absolute ages of just random shocking and confused survivors. Do you plan to try for the 100% as well?

• musefan

Not sure, seems like a lot of hassle when I already have the plat. Plus the trophies never end with all the new chapters.

Also, I hear Left for Dead isn't very fun.

Have you managed to get the all?

• ohheyitsbobcat

Not yet, I still need the 250 unhook protection, 100 downs from 24 meters with Huntress as well as a 1000 hatchets as my last main 3. I have a couple easy ones as well being Pyramid Head cages and Deathslinger downs but I haven't really worked on them yet as I've been playing more survivor recently.

I just kind of worked on the other trophies casually as I was playing, either when doing the rift challenges or playing with a buddy. No doubt Left Behind was the one that worried me the most. I got lucky and got it when a killer let me live and then let me finish the gens instead of closing the hatch; praise be to that Billy. I had planned to save this one for last and was going to try to do it with a friend by 99'ing the last gen when it was just us two and then have him dc to give me a chance. A little scummy but I don't know how else you'd be able to do this one without a ton of luck or the killer lets you.

I also found it nice to have something casual to work on while playing like an extra challenge of sorts and something to work towards without going too nuts about it at the same time. Like if I wasn't sure what killer I wanted to play, I'd look at the trophies and go, oh I still need this adept so I'll play a couple games with them and see how it goes. If I got it, great! If not I'd play the killer I actually wanted to and try it again later. I actually did most of the other adepts right in a row as I was having a lot of fun with them.

A lot of them aren't all that bad albeit a tad grindy besides the above ones, left behind, and the Myers tombstone one. If you're just looking for something to do while you play I think they're a nice little distraction. The above ones though are just plain awful and should honestly be reworked, especially the 250 protect and 100 huntress downs. Those are ridiculous.

• Enfermo
    Enfermo Member Posts: 2

Do you have to mori all the survivors or can you let them bleed out?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Don't play killer for a few months, wait until you drop enough in rank so that the survivors are less likely to disconnect. Then bring an Ebony Mori. GGEZ.

• CalamityJane
    CalamityJane Member Posts: 487

Could just play Pyramid Head and save torment for final judgement.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2020

Another technique is to use BBQ. Get 4 stacks then start to mori. Most people dc if it happens right after getting hooked because well....it sucks to be mori'd off the hook. So spread damage first then commit.

If someone DC's you still get extra bloodpoints. And Ebony Mori's are so common I doubt that one bad game would set anyone back.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

Grabs you can get on windows. Injure them first then quick blink over when they're about to vault something.