Why do I get called sweaty if I'm just trying to win?

MidnightOnyx
MidnightOnyx Member Posts: 24
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

First post of a casual doc main so tell me if I'm way off here, but it seems like whenever I play optimally I am called sweaty. Why is being efficient and chasing the person that is dead on hook other than someone that I haven't seen the whole game being a tryhard or toxic? I aim for a 4k every game but I don't face camp or slug people (cause that just isn't fun for anyone) but at the end of a game I an still sometimes called a sweaty tryhard and toxic. Is playing the game in a way that is fun for me wrong?

Comments

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    edited August 2020

Because effort isn't cool if it means I lose.

Only time I actually consider people "sweaty" is if they're running a 4-man tournament death squad going as hard as possible while bringing the most obnoxious builds and items.

But those are actually really rare, most "normal" 4-man SWFs are just buds chatting over comms and trying to play well, not going 12,000% optimal. A Killer going sweaty is a little harder for me to identify since I've mostly switched over to Killer and it's hard for me to tell the difference between someone playing well and someone who's got a dehumidifier in their pants.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

I get that people are competitive and want to win but there are some people who make up any excuse for losing, whether it’s a boring killer, swf, lag etc. They can’t accept that they lost to a better player. Honestly I don’t see the point on complaining, you lost or died, move on, you’ll most likely forget that game in the next few days lool.

• Siberia
    Siberia Member Posts: 353

Because killers aren’t allowed to win. Duh. /s