Please, for the next chapter

No more meme perks, please. I know it's hard to balance this game and it's even harder to make perks that don't turn op when combined but please change the meta of this game just a little bit.

With Plague you did a great job, she brought very interesting perks to the game that quickly became useful, but with the last chapters things have gotten worse. Most perks are useless or worse versions of previous

I don't want any more perks that already exist but with a cooldown and 3 requirements to activate, I want a perk that gives me an advantage in the game and is at least useful

The last chapter brought a very good perk for survs, the killers could this time have a little love ❤️

(Sorry if something is not understood or is poorly written, my native language is not English)

Comments

• Sqrunk
    Sqrunk Member Posts: 14

I've personally lost any hopes of us getting any decent perks in the game at this point. Devs can't even design any gimmicky perks right. Trail of Torment is the best possible example of a cool concept but then you get a 100k IQ designer who's somehow in charge of how perks work and goes "This stealth perk should counteract itself".

Let's also not forget about perks designed to be absolutely useless from the get-go. Remember original I'm All Ears that would reveal aura of any survivor performing a quick action outside of your terror radius which still had a cooldown? Remember how Gearhead, an already mediocre tracking perk got nerfed for god knows what reason?

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

Don't forget that the original designs for surge, second wind, and cruel limits were actually usable,

Second wind was really good for killers who left the hook

Surge was 12% on all the gens within 32 meters

and Cruel confinement was 32 meters for 25/30/35 seconds, an arguably decent perk

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Yes, please no more stupid overlimited perk or even addon.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,075

Probably not gonna happen. Devs keep to use the "release weak stuff and buff it later"-Method, which is fine and easier to handle than bringing something which is too strong to weaken it later.

Killers usually got the better end when it came to Perks, until Chains of Hate or Silent Hill. Survivors did not have a good Perk since years (except for MoM, which was a Cashgrab).

So dont get your hopes that high.

(Also, another thing is that the Devs need to get new ideas for Perks, which you can see that they are more complicated compared to old Perks like Brutal Strength or Botany Knowledge)

• Androuruguayo99
    Androuruguayo99 Member Posts: 55

Please, no more useless or situational perks that work 1 time in a thousand games. Most of the perks that have released lately require other combinations to make them work. Few work for themselves as some older

• Zucker_Schock
    Zucker_Schock Member Posts: 565

Amen, i am tired of having my addon choice limited to 2 - 4 addons that are actually useable. And Perk choice of a new character to have 1 good perk and 2 bad ones.

• Zucker_Schock
    Zucker_Schock Member Posts: 565

Like for real i am baffled how this stuff doesnt gets brought up more frequently so good job OP for posting, i hope they really do listen to this some time in the future. Stop making addons that help you when you fail, for example and make addons that actually increase your power level. Same with Perks, stop making some perks a wasted perk slot. You have 4 Perks slots and there are many perks that help you so much more than others so taking them would lessen your power.