When can we get rid of "i heal my friend at the exit gates so the killer can't do anything?"

Options
TheMonadoBoi
TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 345
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

It's so ######### stupid how you're literally invincible and there's absolutely no way to counter this idiotic strategy. If I already managed to down someone at exit gates why the ######### do they get yet ANOTHER layer of invincibility in the form of "HUEHEHEUH IM HEALING XD"

So ######### dumb, why is this even in the game still?

EDIT: Alrighto, since I was fuuuming I realise now I did not express myself in a way that most people would understand the point. What I meant was, Once a survivor is downed at the exit gates it is practically impossible to grab them if their teammates are not absolute potatoes. As long as you start healing them before the killer is able to pick them up, they are 100% immune to the killer, and I find it ridiculous and ######### stupid that healing gets this priority over the killer being able to grab them.

If you hit the healer, then during cooldown both of them have a chance to get away for free, absolutely no counterplay. if you don't hit them, they get healed and get out anyway.

Now if after this very civilised explanation you still don't think this is busted then you have yet to understand this game is a 4v1.

Post edited by TheMonadoBoi on

Comments

• TheMonadoBoi
    Options

You didn't get my point, someone's already been downed at the exit gates, if another surv starts healing them you cannot pick them up. Hit their friend and it's a free escape for both of them, which just happened to me 2 minutes ago.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited August 2020
    Options

No issue with this. They are most probably just farming bp or healing to rescue the last teammate. If you want them to get out just hit them.

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273
    edited August 2020
    Options

If that happens then the survivor gets out. It's the same as when a survivor is running from the killer and gets downed inches from the exit zone.

It's nothing to get mad about, stuff like that happens on both sides.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

I really think they need to rebalance things a bit so there's never a "safe" way for the survivors to exit if the killer is nearby. That is to say, make it so that there's never any time to just sit there farting around at the exit gates. Make the survivors have to do something to actually exit once they're out, something that isn't just waiting at an edge and then being instantly out. Same with hatches. There should ALWAYS be pressure to escape from the killer until you see that survived screen. Maybe have the entity start pushing the survivors back in, slow at first, but then faster and faster, if they sit around the exit gates too long, make it so that if they just open the gates and run out, that's it, they did it. But wasting time and trying to annoying only increases the chances of them failing.

I think it's really bizarre, for example, that a survivor can literally sit at the edge of the stage and be immune to the killer because getting hit will push them out. They can literally be AFK as far as I can tell, once they hit that spot. I think it would fit the theme of the game a lot better and result in people being less annoying if that simply wasn't possible.

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

Use blood warden or just chase them out

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

What the OP means is that when a downed survivor is being healed by his team their body cannot be picked up. Not because of bodyblocking, but because a downed survivor being healed removes the pick up prompt for killers.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Point still remains the same. If you do it fast enough, the one healing will run out and you can get your grab, worst happens and you get both down of they decide to tank or you get a trade.

• TheMonadoBoi
    Options

I am physically unable to "wipe my weapon" faster. They literally become invincible since the cooldown won't allow me to do anything, what I'm asking for is that this priority is reversed. How come healing has a "higher priority" than picking up? It makes literally no sense.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Survivor actions should not take priority over killer since it’s 4v1. I’ve always thought that End Game Collapse should not allow healing as the game is ending, meaning run for your life. Also, I’ve always thought that a survivor put into the dying state past the exit gate but before the exit should not be allowed to crawl out. It would put more pressure on survivors to get out and quit being little shitheads at the end.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Should result in you picking them both up, one on each shoulder. 😏

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

No. Run Save the Best for Last if this is happening to you often, or just deal with it.

Can people stop asking for every single thing in this game to be nerfed or removed please? If the devs removed all the weird niche stuff people complain about here on a daily basis this would be the most dry and boring game in existence.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,178
    Options

I think this is equal to close hatch vs jump to hatch animations, where close hatch trump the jumping.

Though I really think Killer should able to grab & throw survivors though.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

I understand what you’re talking about, I’ve seen my teammates do it before. The issue with that is the Survivor can’t move while being healed, so depending on how close to the exit mark they are, you can get them if you hit the Survivor that’s stalling. There’s really nothing you can do it they’re close enough, just take that loss and move onto the next game.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 718
    Options

Thank you omg

What he is complaining about is a non issue if you run STBFL (which is a really good and meta perk, anyway- not like some weird barely useful niche perk- it is actually a GREAT counter to SWF teams who hook bomb/commit to gens in your face/etc).

The "tech" he is talking about takes some effort from both survivors- downed survivor has to make sure they don't tweak and start crawling too early, and other survivor has to be there and know what to do himself. It takes knowledge and (at least a slight bit) of skill on survivor side.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I don't think he's complaining specifically about the escape though its the mechanic whereby healing takes precedence over killer pick up animation. Logic would dictate that killer animations should take precedence over survivor animations given that a huge killer grabbing at them would likely prevent you delicately patching up your buddy.

Killer animation takes precedence in pretty much every other scenario but this, so I can see where the disparity lies even though it doesn't really bother me as killer. Its tech that is backward compared to the rest of the game.

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 718
    Options

I see what you mean there and that makes a little more sense as something to complain about, for sure.

Isn't a killer unable to hook someone when the hook is being sabotaged? Or unable to kick a gen when someone is still on it, break a pallet when someone is sliding on it, etc.? Fairly different examples but still things that show that the killer's action doesn't ALWAYS take precedence over the survivor's actions.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Good points, I didn't consider those as they rarely come up. Often its better to hit the survivor in most of those cases so I've rarely seen the prevent the killer animation. The anti pickup healing happens a lot though so I guess its a lot more noticeable.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited August 2020
    Options

Force them out. All you gotta do is go up to them and hit them out